Rhea County Coaching Search

Well, I've heard that Messemer and Levengood send out Ruehling-the-Puppet when they don't have the guts to talk to somebody themselves face to face. The Dynamic Duo (Messemer & Levengood) need to talk to "Rhea County" face to face. A gut check would be character building for both of them.

This thread has really gotten ugly, and now I have to add my two cents:

Concerning Rhea Co.:

I'm not sure what went down the other day between the administration and Rhea Co. but it needs to be fixed. Not only do players and coaches look at these boards but I know that at least three of the four members of the "search commitee" also check them. They should know that C.M. is very well respected among the posters on CoachT, not just by the Rhea County fans but by fans of other scools as well. Several people from other schools have commented on his well written weekly scouting reports of the upcoming opponet. He has never been anything but postive and professional when reporting anything concerning Rhea County athletics and the administation would be hard pressed to find a better online representive of Rhea County athletics. If anything they should hire the man as Sports Information Director and pay him for a job well done.

Concerning Coaches:

Jason Fitzgerald:

Jason is a great person and a good football coach who as we ALL know has dealt with personal turmoil most of his head coaching career, so to accuse him of running a "lazy" program is not only unfair but very distastful. Shame on you.

Jerry Cook:

Jerry is a great person who bleeds green and gold and would make a great head coach. He knows football and how to motivate young men and he has the respect of the players, other coaches and community. I was one of the first to call for Cook to be hired as the next coach of RC. BUT since then we have had 31 applicants and gave 10 interviews. In the real world you have to hire the most qualified candidate for any job and I don't know if Cook is that man. As much as I would like to see Jerry in the head coaching job, I don't want him to be hired just because he is local. I want to see him hired because he is the most qualified for the job. I believe JC would be loyal to the program and that has to count for something but is that enough to hire him over another more "experienced" coach?

Whoever is hired (whether its who we want or not) we need to get behind this new coach and support this new era in Rhea County Football.

Well time is counting down on the announcement of the new head coach. Who will it be?

One thing we have learned in this coaching search is who will lie to you, who will avoid you, who has no backbone, who really cares, who is kissing who's tail and who can give a rats tail about anything.

I will say this. If the administration ( school board included ) runs the entire school system the way they do the athletics we as a community are in for a rude awakeing.

Good luck to the new coach. But some advice would be to come in with your guard up. It is not as good as they said in your interview I bet. But it could be great again if they were on board to be great again.

Well time is counting down on the announcement of the new head coach. Who will it be?

One thing we have learned in this coaching search is who will lie to you, who will avoid you, who has no backbone, who really cares, who is kissing who's tail and who can give a rats tail about anything.

I will say this. If the administration ( school board included ) runs the entire school system the way they do the athletics we as a community are in for a rude awakeing.

Good luck to the new coach. But some advice would be to come in with your guard up. It is not as good as they said in your interview I bet. But it could be great again if they were on board to be great again.

Good post!I hear the first coach offered turn them down so we will see if number two takes it now.

Good Post!!

Well I hope this works out for Rhea. Not impressed by the decision, this is only a short term fix if a fix at all.

Good luckto the players and fans. A

Well not my choice either. Yes I agree a short term fix.

Good luck to Mr. Adams. I know some of us to agree on some things but let's get behind the new coach and press on.