AC vs. CAK

Space3

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging from the conversation so far this game is truly an intriguing match up. Lots of questions to be answered by both teams, solid programs, high flying offenses and very good coaching staffs. CAK turned the corner a couple of years ago when they learned to play defense to go along with their high octane passing attack. But this year, as previously stated, will be a big test for an unproven group of guys on defense. They have only 1 returning defensive starter, but I must say he is a very good one :D . The Warriors have some good size up front on both sides of the ball, but just not much depth. I suspect neither team will be in mid-season form for this season opener and there will be plenty of mistakes scattered around on both sides of the ball. I expect AC to spread the field but give the ball to that big ole boy in the backfield and see if the inexperienced Warrior defense can stop him. I suspect they are preparing for that. CAK will only run the football as a "trick play" and will live or die on the arm and hands of the QB and WR's. NO doubt CAK will have another dangerous offense, just not sure if it will be fine tuned enough by the home opener to be as deadly as they should be later on in the year. Like the AC fans leaning ever so slightly to their Mavs, I will go with my Warriors in what should be a very entertaining and closely contested game.

Judging from the conversation so far this game is truly an intriguing match up. Lots of questions to be answered by both teams, solid programs, high flying offenses and very good coaching staffs. CAK turned the corner a couple of years ago when they learned to play defense to go along with their high octane passing attack. But this year, as previously stated, will be a big test for an unproven group of guys on defense. They have only 1 returning defensive starter, but I must say he is a very good one :D . The Warriors have some good size up front on both sides of the ball, but just not much depth. I suspect neither team will be in mid-season form for this season opener and there will be plenty of mistakes scattered around on both sides of the ball. I expect AC to spread the field but give the ball to that big ole boy in the backfield and see if the inexperienced Warrior defense can stop him. I suspect they are preparing for that. CAK will only run the football as a "trick play" and will live or die on the arm and hands of the QB and WR's. NO doubt CAK will have another dangerous offense, just not sure if it will be fine tuned enough by the home opener to be as deadly as they should be later on in the year. Like the AC fans leaning ever so slightly to their Mavs, I will go with my Warriors in what should be a very entertaining and closely contested game.

THIS DEFENSE SHOULD BE FINE.. THEY FACE THE BEST AND MOST EFFICIENT PASSING TEAM IN THE AREA EVERYDAY IN PRACTICE. IF AC CANT CONTROL THE GAME CLOCK AND RUN THE FOOTBALL IT COULD BE A LONG NIGHT.

News flash!!!! You folfs are gona see some defence this year on the Mavericks side of things. Still undecided on a score. I still say AC in a close low scoring affair. Believe it or not?

HOOK EM' HORNS GO MAVERICKS!!!!!!

You may have a very fine defense at AC, but believe it or not CAK has a very potent offense that not too many defenses are able to stop on a year to year basis.

THIS DEFENSE SHOULD BE FINE.. THEY FACE THE BEST AND MOST EFFICIENT PASSING TEAM IN THE AREA EVERYDAY IN PRACTICE. IF AC CANT CONTROL THE GAME CLOCK AND RUN THE FOOTBALL IT COULD BE A LONG NIGHT.

I won't disagree with you on our defense getting tested in practice through the air, so if AC does throw it around it won't be anything our defense doesn't see every day in practice. However; the same could be said for the AC defense. Despite graduation of some very good players, I believe CAK can still be successful offensively due to the talented receivers and a promising QB. My concern is our guys tackling that big ole running back (6'2" 230 is what I hear), cause we certainly don't get to practice against the run very often. However; the Warriors will be sizable upfront and have a couple very nice linebackers that could help slow him down.

Hey 01, I feed my hunger for football a couple days ago by watching the film of the Polk vs CAK playoff game. It was a fun game to watch again, especially since I knew how it was going to end :mrgreen: Good luck to PC this year, hope you beat Bradley Central for all us "little guys".

Im giving CAK more credit than you space. I still say a slight edge to AC in a close one.

HOOK EM' HORNS GO AC!!!!!!

I know, it could be a close game,but if we can run on them then they are going to have a really hard time stopping are offense. Also I am thinking are defense is going to be better than last year. When we had chadwell as QB at AC Hammontree was coaching at Maryville and they shut us down. Hammontree knows how to defend the pass. I will give a prediction later but the more I think about it the higher AC score is getting....lol...