Raleigh Egypt and Mitchell to AA

yankees8589

Libery tech was a very good AA team. But in AAA. That's a whole nother best liberty would hav e been very much like Dyer co I think White Station would have gave them problems with their size and Craigmont was just a beast they were 10 deep and just dogs on d I don't liberty would have beat them

tech had 2 players at 6'6...size was not an issue...were not gona agree...but 3A was weaker last year than it has been the last several...like i said i saw all those teams play in person...saw the DC white station game in memphis...saw germantown and central right before that...craigmont came to liberty before season to play in some scrimmages...tech was the best team last season...i wont say 2A is better every year...but last year they were...theres a reason none of ur 2A teams from memphis make it to the boro anymore...its been dominated by liberty and bolivar...and yes i know those 2A teams also get beat by the memphis 3A teams...not last year but 2 years ago memphis had 5 teams ranked in the top 100...im well aware believe me...not disrespectin...but that was 2 years ago...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tech had 2 players at 6'6...size was not an issue...were not gona agree...but 3A was weaker last year than it has been the last several...like i said i saw all those teams play in person...saw the DC white station game in memphis...saw germantown and central right before that...craigmont came to liberty before season to play in some scrimmages...tech was the best team last season...i wont say 2A is better every year...but last year they were...theres a reason none of ur 2A teams from memphis make it to the boro anymore...its been dominated by liberty and bolivar...and yes i know those 2A teams also get beat by the memphis 3A teams...not last year but 2 years ago memphis had 5 teams ranked in the top 100...im well aware believe me...not disrespectin...but that was 2 years ago...

1. Southwind played Central at the Forum on MLK day when White Station played DC, not Germantown.

2. Liberty might have had 2 players at 6'6, but the overall size that Central and White Station had last year would've made a difference.

3. And this is the point. AAA IS indeed a whole different monster than AA. LIBERTY(ONE team) might be able to compete on that level(as they've done when they were on that level), but the CLASS is not nearly as good OVERALL. I mean, you admitted it in your own post: the same 2 schools dominate the class. Ridgeway beat Bolivar twice last season, btw.

Liberty was not on the level of the Memphis AAA powers last season.....bottom line, in my opinion.

Amen, Yankee. Liberty was good last year but not in the same class as White Station, Southwind, Melrose and champion Craigmont. Liberty is in AA because they couldn't get to state in AAA. They had over 1100 kids a couple of years ago, lost both times in the playoffs and now their enrollment is down to around 750. Where did about 400 students go and why. TSSAA needs to look at these so called "magnet" schools. Lots of them making it to the Boro and obviously some can control their enrollment. If Liberty could have competed at AAA level they would still be there, but obviously they couldn't.

Amen, Yankee. Liberty was good last year but not in the same class as White Station, Southwind, Melrose and champion Craigmont. Liberty is in AA because they couldn't get to state in AAA. They had over 1100 kids a couple of years ago, lost both times in the playoffs and now their enrollment is down to around 750. Where did about 400 students go and why. TSSAA needs to look at these so called "magnet" schools. Lots of them making it to the Boro and obviously some can control their enrollment. If Liberty could have competed at AAA level they would still be there, but obviously they couldn't.

You can throw Ridgeway, East, Central, and Whitehaven in that group as well. Liberty would've had a world of a time dealing with any of them.

ur saying they didnt compete...yet they lost to eventual champion white station by 3 after leading the whole game in the sectional round just b4 the boro...techs post player missed 2 fts...station rebounds...jackson takes the outlet to hit a 3 with about a minute left in the game for the W...white station didnt take the lead in that game until there was 1 minute left in the 4th...and eventually pulled it out...

they also beat craigmont twice that year...and caught one heck of a beating from RE in the regional final...but then again didnt everyone that year...

as for the prior year when tech choked against millington...cant say much...i think tech was up 15 or 18 in the 4th and wouldnt stop shooting 3s...none of them went thru and millington just kept chipping away and pulled out the W...it was a classic meltdown...nothing impressive about it

saying they wont compete is ridiculous...they may not win every game but they wont lose every game either...no team from memphis goes undefeated...

dhstennis, you're WAYYYYY wrong! Triple A was LOADED last year!!!!!! Especially in Memphis! Liberty would not have beaten Melrose, Southwind, Central, Craigmont, East or White Station last year. Dallas Jackson on rivals admitted that Memphis was the top basketball city in the nation last year largely in part to those AAA schools! I promise you that if Liberty had a choice between AA and AAA, they'd much rather be AA. They would win some games in AAA, but it'd be games against someone like Kirby, Hamilton, Cordova and teams like that.

ur saying they didnt compete...yet they lost to eventual champion white station by 3 after leading the whole game in the sectional round just b4 the boro...techs post player missed 2 fts...station rebounds...jackson takes the outlet to hit a 3 with about a minute left in the game for the W...white station didnt take the lead in that game until there was 1 minute left in the 4th...and eventually pulled it out...

they also beat craigmont twice that year...and caught one heck of a beating from RE in the regional final...but then again didnt everyone that year...

as for the prior year when tech choked against millington...cant say much...i think tech was up 15 or 18 in the 4th and wouldnt stop shooting 3s...none of them went thru and millington just kept chipping away and pulled out the W...it was a classic meltdown...nothing impressive about it

saying they wont compete is ridiculous...they may not win every game but they wont lose every game either...no team from memphis goes undefeated...

Nobody said they wouldn't compete. There is a difference between being competitive and being able to win. They could of given AAA teams a decent game but they would not have won. And again, that is why they lost 400 students and are AA now

dhstennis, you're WAYYYYY wrong! Triple A was LOADED last year!!!!!! Especially in Memphis! Liberty would not have beaten Melrose, Southwind, Central, Craigmont, East or White Station last year. Dallas Jackson on rivals admitted that Memphis was the top basketball city in the nation last year largely in part to those AAA schools! I promise you that if Liberty had a choice between AA and AAA, they'd much rather be AA. They would win some games in AAA, but it'd be games against someone like Kirby, Hamilton, Cordova and teams like that.

on november 12...why dont u come on over to liberty and watch...maybe ur opinion will change...there will be some memphis teams there...always are...usually melrose and craigmont show...

btw...were not talkin bout girls basketball here GC

Liberty MAY beat Melrose now because Adonis Thomas, Ced McAfee, Jermaine Holliman and all the rest of that team is gone. Melrose is a completely different team now. I still don't think that Liberty would beat Southwind, Central with Jarnell or East this year. Totally different level of ball.

Edited by GCPioneer

Liberty MAY beat Melrose now because Adonis Thomas, Ced McAfee, Jermaine Holliman and all the rest of that team is gone. Melrose is a completely different team now. I still don't think that Liberty would beat Southwind, Central with Jarnell or East this year. Totally different level of ball.

u do realize that melrose isnt the only school in TN that graduates players right GC??? im sure u do since ur girls werent able to go 100-1 over 3 years...liberty lost several players to graduation this year...same as any other team...but they will still be good...prolly good enough to win 14AA...