What does Polk County look like this season?

Polk04

You wanna ask a teammate? Ask me. He was a very selfish player. All for himself. If something was going wrong it could never be his fault in his eyes. He was a good football player but very selfish he did not fit into the way Polk County football is played and thats as a team

All I know was he led Polks defense for three years, from the time he was a sophomore till he graduated. Not many players can say that. I also saw him slap helmets when others made the plays, does not sound like who you are describing. Maybe you just do not measure up to his talent. It seems to me he made Polk County better, apparently he fit well enough to start for 3 years.

I just know he will be missed, just like Allen and Lee will be. Also the senior lineman and center from last years class. You have to remember they all had experience and talent.

Edited by umpire44
  • Upvote 1

All I know was he led Polks defense for three years, from the time he was a sophomore till he graduated. Not many players can say that. I also saw him slap helmets when others made the plays, does not sound like who you are describing. Maybe you just do not measure up to his talent. It seems to me he made Polk County better, apparently he fit well enough to start for 3 years.

I just know he will be missed, just like Allen and Lee will be. Also the senior lineman and center from last years class. You have to remember they all had experience and talent.

Not saying he didn't make some good plays on friday night, but the team chemistry in the locker room and the defensive huddle will be much improved.

<BIG yawn> Just about time again - I can't wait to see what happens. My twins are seniors and I'm just proud they hung in there for four years of tough Wildcat Football. Last summer of workouts before college - goes by fast, doesn't it boys? Coach Davis deserves kudos with his program that just regroups and reloads. I appreciate everything he's done for my older three - Cody, Aley, and Cameron, Thanks Coach!

Go Cats!

Before I forget: So hot out the other day, deer tried to commit suicide on our way to practice. Didn't work.

Edited by Yeehaw

I agree Hargrove was a rare talent and so was Allen. Well most of the seniors that left was. They played as a team and played hard. They lost alot when they left but Coach Davis always finds the players to step up. As for Hargrove that kid played through a lot last year and showed me how big of a heart he has. I'm friends with his dad and they are a great family wish nothing but the best for them. They did lose Norwood and Soos on the o-line those will be big shoes to fill. Also losing the speed of Lee will be big but I'm sure Coach Davis and his staff have found the players to step up this year and fill the shoes. Just a couple of more weeks and we get to see the Big Red Train start knocking some heads around.

Edited by Blaster7

Charlie heard that Polk will host Loudon, Thursday, at Polk for a scrimmage. Polk looked good, they scored 7 or 8 TD's to Howards 1 TD, which came very late in the scrimmage. Polk's 1's and 2's were moving the ball well. With 1's and 2's in the scrimmage Polk had 6 TD's while Howard may have had 1 or 2 first downs.

Charlie wants to give a shout out to Coach Floyd for making the trip to Benton. Reckon he wanted to see some real football players.

Polk looked good against Howard. Howard scored on the freshmen and only had 2 first downs against the 1's. Polk 1's and 2's scored 7 tds. Polk looks as good as last year but last year is last year this years team looks hungry and ready to go. Go luck to the Wildcats this year.