What does Polk County look like this season?

Polk04

WIMBERLY REMEMBER THAT NAME.. IF HE GETS CAUGHT UP IN THE WEIGHT ROOM THIS KID WILL BE GREAT. NO KID IN LITTLE LEAGUE COULD TOUCH HIM AND JV AS WELL. NOTE HIS 8TH GRADE TEAM WENT UNDEFEATED AND ENDED ALL BUT TWO GAMES IN THE THIRD QUARTER. NO ONE CAME WITHIN THREE TDS OF THEM. THEY HAVE GREAT YOUNG TALENT.

Polk has some tough games this year With Bradley, Signal MTN., and South Pitt. Looking forward to see who steps up to fill the big shoes of the seniors that left. Polk should take care of business in the district I don't see any team stopping them from winning that. Sequoyah fans before you start going crazylast year the starters was pulled in the 3rd jsut like most of the season I think the starters only played the whole game twice against Bradley and South Pitt. I hope Sequyah will give them a tough game but I just don't see it. Just a few more weeks and the friday night lights will be coming on and the helments will be knocking around can't wait for a great season. Go Polk

Fri Aug. 19 at Bradley Central

Fri Aug. 26 at Chattanooga Central

Fri Sep. 2 McMinn Central D

Fri Sep. 9 Chattanooga Christian

Fri Sep. 16 at Sweetwater D

Fri Sep. 23 Walker Valley

Fri Oct. 7 Signal Mountain

Fri Oct. 14 at Sequoyah D

Fri Oct. 21 at South Pittsburg

Fri Oct. 28 Meigs County D

10-0 is optimistic, 9-1 is realistic, 8-2 is a possibility. Polk will mercy rule their district again. The two CC's may keep the clock from running in the second half but it will still be 3 or 4 TD difference. South Pitt still won't hang with Polk, a reverse "pirate rule" at Beene Stadium??? That would be something. Signal Mountain is just a little better than South Pitt, and will find out what happens when you play a good 3A team. No wait, TYNER will have already shown them that. Bradley will be a test in 3 weeks. I'm going to speculate 9-1 with a loss at Bradley in week 0.

Now that I've besmirched SM, I'm sure this thread will really take off.

Fri Aug. 19 at Bradley Central

Fri Aug. 26 at Chattanooga Central

Fri Sep. 2 McMinn Central D

Fri Sep. 9 Chattanooga Christian

Fri Sep. 16 at Sweetwater D

Fri Sep. 23 Walker Valley

Fri Oct. 7 Signal Mountain

Fri Oct. 14 at Sequoyah D

Fri Oct. 21 at South Pittsburg

Fri Oct. 28 Meigs County D

10-0 is optimistic, 9-1 is realistic, 8-2 is a possibility. Polk will mercy rule their district again. The two CC's may keep the clock from running in the second half but it will still be 3 or 4 TD difference. South Pitt still won't hang with Polk, a reverse "pirate rule" at Beene Stadium??? That would be something. Signal Mountain is just a little better than South Pitt, and will find out what happens when you play a good 3A team. No wait, TYNER will have already shown them that. Bradley will be a test in 3 weeks. I'm going to speculate 9-1 with a loss at Bradley in week 0.

Now that I've besmirched SM, I'm sure this thread will really take off.

Polk is always well coached and plays a physical style. Until a district foe proves everybody wrong, will not disagree with the district schedule. I think that Polk loses to Bradley, Signal Mountain and South Pitt. Chattanooga Central will be improved. John Allen is a good x and o guy, who will have his share of athletes. Game is in Chattanooga. Polk will have their hands full with the Purple Pounders. It would not surprise if the Wildcats started 0-2. Team will miss the Allen kid more than they realize. He was an awesome football player who made everybody around him better.

Who knows, maybe the Cats will finally get their chance to play the Tornadoes. Glad football season is almost here.

I think that Polk loses to Bradley, Signal Mountain and South Pitt. Chattanooga Central will be improved. John Allen is a good x and o guy, who will have his share of athletes.

Polk will not lose to SP, they are in no way close to the toughness and caliber required and as far as Allen if he goes about it the same @ CC as he did at BC gimme a break, Polk will bounce back with a vengence after a close loss to the Bears in "Skoal Bowl III". Now SM may be a different story and depending on whether they pay off the officials Polk will be very hard to beat at home in the Cat's Den. I say Polk 20 SM14

Edited by Coach J

Polk is always well coached and plays a physical style. Until a district foe proves everybody wrong, will not disagree with the district schedule. I think that Polk loses to Bradley, Signal Mountain and South Pitt. Chattanooga Central will be improved. John Allen is a good x and o guy, who will have his share of athletes. Game is in Chattanooga. Polk will have their hands full with the Purple Pounders. It would not surprise if the Wildcats started 0-2. Team will miss the Allen kid more than they realize. He was an awesome football player who made everybody around him better.

Who knows, maybe the Cats will finally get their chance to play the Tornadoes. Glad football season is almost here.

8-2. hopefully they'll get a good draw to advance past the second round...but unlikely

Smoke you know how hard it is to get a good draw in round 1 in that southeastern quad, let alone the 2nd round. Charlie says Polk will be as competitive this year as last. You can't replace Jared Allen,,but word is the new QB is more than capable, very athletic. And on defense look for the Miller kid to step right into Hargrove's shoes.

Polk will not lose to SP, they are in no way close to the toughness and caliber required and as far as Allen if he goes about it the same @ CC as he did at BC gimme a break, Polk will bounce back with a vengence after a close loss to the Bears in "Skoal Bowl III". Now SM may be a different story and depending on whether they pay off the officials Polk will be very hard to beat at home in the Cat's Den. I say Polk 20 SM14

If anybody can afford to payoff the refs, it would be us rich yuppies. money.gif

But...don't think that's gonna be required. We can play smashmouth football with the best of 'em. Your fellers better get an extra helpin' of beans and taters, and strap 'em up tight when that sissy mountain bus comes rollin' into Benton. :thumb:

Smoke you know how hard it is to get a good draw in round 1 in that southeastern quad, let alone the 2nd round. Charlie says Polk will be as competitive this year as last. You can't replace Jared Allen,,but word is the new QB is more than capable, very athletic. And on defense look for the Miller kid to step right into Hargrove's shoes.

I think the Wildcats will have a lot of players that can step up. Allen and Hargrove led the wildcats for the last three years. When they needed a play on offense they looked to Allen, and they looked to Hargrove on defense. Akins is a player that can really step up. Miller will be force and could very well end up leading the defense. The players know what they lost in the seniors from last year, and it will be interesting to see who take the leader roles. This is a great chance for some guys to take the bull by the horns and show what they are made of, I have no doubt the younger wildcats can do this. Good Luck Polk!

If anybody can afford to payoff the refs, it would be us rich yuppies. money.gif

But...don't think that's gonna be required. We can play smashmouth football with the best of 'em. Your fellers better get an extra helpin' of beans and taters, and strap 'em up tight when that sissy mountain bus comes rollin' into Benton. :thumb:

Playing in Benton is a great venue to play but you are not going to beat these CATS playing smashmouth football. I have seen them run 10 minute drives on offensive.DD will have his defense ready for the Eagles. Your best bet is to open that offense up and spread the field a little. As for the officials, Polk will hand pick these 6 guys.

I think the Wildcats will have a lot of players that can step up. Allen and Hargrove led the wildcats for the last three years. When they needed a play on offense they looked to Allen, and they looked to Hargrove on defense. Akins is a player that can really step up. Miller will be force and could very well end up leading the defense. The players know what they lost in the seniors from last year, and it will be interesting to see who take the leader roles. This is a great chance for some guys to take the bull by the horns and show what they are made of, I have no doubt the younger wildcats can do this. Good Luck Polk!

They WILL miss Allen and the other seniors, but will be better at linebacker because of a TEAM first unselfish attitude. Good luck Wildcats.