2011 East Hamilton Hurricanes

BEAST27

Saw the Canes in 7 on 7 drills this week......WOW they look good. Speed and Size. They have depth in their skill positions. They have only 7 Seniors, but Beware.... Looks like the Jr and Sophmore class have meshed and will lead this team. I expect that they will be THE 4A team this year.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the Canes in 7 on 7 drills this week......WOW they look good. Speed and Size. They have depth in their skill positions. They have only 7 Seniors, but Beware.... Looks like the Jr and Sophmore class have meshed and will lead this team. I expect that they will be THE 4A team this year.

Best of luck to EH. I had the privilege of working with Coach Gatewood in the TN vs. KY all-star game. He is a swell guy and good coach

I would think that East Hamilton will start making some noise in the Chattanooga area. The school has some of the same advantages as Signal Mountain in terms of attracting the best football players. They will have new facilities and a great head coach. Geograhically, they should be able to draw upon a very good talent pool. I would suspect as EH becomes more successful, Ooteawah's program will take a dip back into the obsurity of the 1990's. With all the academic challenges at Brainard, Howard and East Ridge, student/athletes will find EH an attractive alternative. And since Hamilton County has let conditions of the physical plants ( Fields, Field Houses, ETC) ruin by years 0f ignoring them, it would be an easy decision for any parent.

East Hamilton is a few years behind Signal Mountain but I believe there is a solid plan in place to insure success.

I would think that East Hamilton will start making some noise in the Chattanooga area. The school has some of the same advantages as Signal Mountain in terms of attracting the best football players. They will have new facilities and a great head coach. Geograhically, they should be able to draw upon a very good talent pool. I would suspect as EH becomes more successful, Ooteawah's program will take a dip back into the obsurity of the 1990's. With all the academic challenges at Brainard, Howard and East Ridge, student/athletes will find EH an attractive alternative. And since Hamilton County has let conditions of the physical plants ( Fields, Field Houses, ETC) ruin by years 0f ignoring them, it would be an easy decision for any parent.

East Hamilton is a few years behind Signal Mountain but I believe there is a solid plan in place to insure success.

Signal hasn't had the schedule that EH has had the past 2 years and now even though they have moved up to 4A, look at their schedule, they still aren't playing a competitive schedule. Let therm play Ooltewah, Bradley, Red Bank, Central, East Ridge....not Notre Dame, Chattanooga Christian and other small schools. Then if they can win in 4A, they could brag. They chose a schedule so they can win

East Hamilton is making their mark by playing the tough schedule, the one they are suppose to play. .... And watch out this year, they are gonna be good. Several of their players were just ranked by MurphyFair...based on their performance in their sophomore year.

Signal hasn't had the schedule that EH has had the past 2 years and now even though they have moved up to 4A, look at their schedule, they still aren't playing a competitive schedule. Let therm play Ooltewah, Bradley, Red Bank, Central, East Ridge....not Notre Dame, Chattanooga Christian and other small schools. Then if they can win in 4A, they could brag. They chose a schedule so they can win

East Hamilton is making their mark by playing the tough schedule, the one they are suppose to play. .... And watch out this year, they are gonna be good. Several of their players were just ranked by MurphyFair...based on their performance in their sophomore year.

I've been waiting for East Hamilton to excel. Hopefully, this year will be a good one for y'all.

But dude, get real about our programs the past two years.

SM 49-EH 0

SM 48-EH 10

SM 23-2

EH 2-17

As for next year's non-district opponents, I would take Blackman over Bradley Central and Polk County over Ooltewah.

Guess we'll find out Week O who has the stronger team. Better strap 'em up when you head up the Mountain. :ph34r:

Are you kidding about Hamilton County letting the fields and field houses ruin? Heck Hamilton County hasn't paid for these thing at EH or SM. I'm not even sure if EH has lights or stands yet. I know SM doesn't have a field house or permanent concessions or bathrooms yet. So don't come on here trying to make it look like Hamilton County is giving either of these schools anything. Those other schools are responsible to keep up their facilities just like EH and SM and they have had years to build quality facilities.

I hope EH will be a success but it's hard to believe they are so far behind on their facilities. They really need the community to step up and start supporting the school and it's athletic programs as well as academic programs. No school will be successful or have nice athletic facilities if they sit back and wait on Hamilton County.

Are you kidding about Hamilton County letting the fields and field houses ruin? Heck Hamilton County hasn't paid for these thing at EH or SM. I'm not even sure if EH has lights or stands yet. I know SM doesn't have a field house or permanent concessions or bathrooms yet. So don't come on here trying to make it look like Hamilton County is giving either of these schools anything. Those other schools are responsible to keep up their facilities just like EH and SM and they have had years to build quality facilities.

I hope EH will be a success but it's hard to believe they are so far behind on their facilities. They really need the community to step up and start supporting the school and it's athletic programs as well as academic programs. No school will be successful or have nice athletic facilities if they sit back and wait on Hamilton County.

I was talking about the facilities at East Ridge, Brainard, and Howard. The knock was on the county for not taking care of football fields and why county student/atheletes would choose to attend schools outside of the own communities. Add the academic side and it is a no brainer that Signal and EH are very attractive alternatives to 3 schools listed above. I applaud such an effort at both schools.

I was talking about the facilities at East Ridge, Brainard, and Howard. The knock was on the county for not taking care of football fields and why county student/atheletes would choose to attend schools outside of the own communities. Add the academic side and it is a no brainer that Signal and EH are very attractive alternatives to 3 schools listed above. I applaud such an effort at both schools.

EH will be making noise this year. Their line is huge and their linebackers are big and fast. They probably have the best corners around. Lots of experience, cause these kids have played varsity ball the past 2 years. They are hungry for success too. The offense will be big difference this year, because they have a big fast ball carrier, fast receivers and q-backs that can throw the ball. I have been watching this team for 2 years and this year is the biggest change and most improvement I have seen. You will see them in the playoffs this year.

One of those "small schools" you are criticizing sissy mountain for playing stomped the pig snot out of Central in '09 and '10. For that matter, East Ridge got beat by Lookout Valley a couple of years ago. :roflol:

Really? Please list the "several EH players just ranked by Murphy Fair"? I couldn't find them in my copy. Thank you.