LETS TALK WATAUGA

oleagle

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volunteer played Sullivan East and Morristown East on Saturday and beat both of them soundly. Of course these where just scrimmages but are some indication of relative strenghts and weaknesses.

They play Science Hill in Johnson City tonight.

I know you guys from Carter County think the whole conference is Happy Valley, Elizabethton and Hampton, but there are five other teams in the conference.

Doesn't look good for Kevin. Preliminary report is a torn A.C.L. and a sprained M.C.L. Don't know how long he will be out, could be a while or the whole season. It is truly a shame because he is a fine player and to get injured before his senior season seems unfair. The 'Dogs will persevere though. Coach Hazelwood will go back to the drawing board and come up with something...I hope...

Why would they move up to 2A when they opted to drop 2A schools from their football schedule for next season. This was done because of lack of numbers. They are nowhere near the number of students required to play at the 2A level and the numbers are down since the last count by the TSSAA was taken. They have had success in basketball and baseball at the 1A level and girls softball and basketball are very successful too. I look for it to be no different in the years to come.