Defending State Champions Signal Mountain Eagels vs East Hamilton

Waterboy96

40-36 you call that making a fool out of sp? if thats the case then what would you call the beating sp gave signal the year before?imo signal mt is the most arrogant group of people i have ever seen and would love to see them lose every game they play hopefully somebody will shut yalls mouth this year even if sp cant.....i think sp has earned more than enough respect over the years sp has been winning state championships since 1969 signal is in its 3rd varsity season so in about 50 years or so signal may have some room to talk if yall dont buy a pro team by then

Just so you know Waterboy is a poser that just tries to make us look worse than we sometimes make ourselves look. I would say most (maybe all) SM fans have nothing but respect for SP and their program. I myself hope that SP wins every game this year except one.

Looking forward to seeing EH in the jamboree tonight to see if the hype is warrented CoachJ. Can't wait to get a look at this fella that stands a helmet taller than a 6'5" boy. That should put him up around 7'.

REALLY?

GO EAGLES!!

Pretty sure I saw a Bear eat an Eagle last night.....It might have been tough to chew but I am sure I saw it though............

Edited by pigpen874

Pretty sure I saw a Bear eat an Eagle last night.....It might have been tough to chew but I am sure I saw it though............

Your eyes must have been playing tricks on you. The Bears took a swipe but the Eagles got away with only a lost baby feather. No harm done. That just frees up room for a more mature feather to grow. We will be stronger and fly higher because of it.

GO EAGLES!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! What I saw was the Bears O eat the Eagles D and then the Eagles O eat the Bears D. Since having some time to reflect on the evening I think Bradley has more concerns coming out of the game than Signal. Signal needs to improve their pass D. Bradley needs to improve their overall D and their nonexistent running game. I think Bradley will do very well, but in order to do great they will need to have a running game to compliment their passing game.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! What I saw was the Bears O eat the Eagles D and then the Eagles O eat the Bears D. Since having some time to reflect on the evening I think Bradley has more concerns coming out of the game than Signal. Signal needs to improve their pass D. Bradley needs to improve their overall D and their nonexistent running game. I think Bradley will do very well, but in order to do great they will need to have a running game to compliment their passing game.

Golston and Houstin didn't play last night. Their O line looked good, so they will be a legitimate two dimensional team with those two in the game.

Our secondary will improve with time and some adjustments. Vandyken will be a good safety with more experience.

Just to make you aware, you are not DEFENDING state champions. If you were DEFENDING state champions, you would be playing again in 2A. Since you really didn't belong there last year and you have now moved to 4A you cannot be considered to be defending the 2A state championship. However if you wanted to call yourselfs 2010 2A state champions then please do.

The waterboy is a rogue poster probably from another school trying to get a rise against the eagles. No true Eagle fan would be dumb enough to run their mouth off the way he does. I guarantee he never has played for the eagles or will he. His own teammates would have put an end to his smack talking 2 mouths ago. So take anything he says as propaganda and immaturity.

SM did win the state last year in division they were put to play by the TSSAA by going 14-0. This year they would be one of the smallest schools in 3A with slightly over 600 in the high-school, so playing 4-A will be a challenge. They do have a good team, but football is a game of match-ups and week to week preparation makes a big difference in success.

I know Signal Mt started preparing for EH last week and spent zero time preparing for BC. I would say the same thing for Bradley against Signal. I am sure they have been focusing on Polk and stopping the trap. It was good to see some talent on both sides of the ball last night, but I expected both offenses to do well since neither team spent time preparing for the other.

EH is well coached and will be a solid test for SM. SM will not take EH lightly and expect a 4 quarter battle. The same will be for Tyner, Bledsoe, Blackmon and the rest of the schedule. It’s week to week.

• Upvote 1

The waterboy is a rogue poster probably from another school trying to get a rise against the eagles. No true Eagle fan would be dumb enough to run their mouth off the way he does. I guarantee he never has played for the eagles or will he. His own teammates would have put an end to his smack talking 2 mouths ago. So take anything he says as propaganda and immaturity.

SM did win the state last year in division they were put to play by the TSSAA by going 14-0. This year they would be one of the smallest schools in 3A with slightly over 600 in the high-school, so playing 4-A will be a challenge. They do have a good team, but football is a game of match-ups and week to week preparation makes a big difference in success.

I know Signal Mt started preparing for EH last week and spent zero time preparing for BC. I would say the same thing for Bradley against Signal. I am sure they have been focusing on Polk and stopping the trap. It was good to see some talent on both sides of the ball last night, but I expected both offenses to do well since neither team spent time preparing for the other.

EH is well coached and will be a solid test for SM. SM will not take EH lightly and expect a 4 quarter battle. The same will be for Tyner, Bledsoe, Blackmon and the rest of the schedule. It’s week to week.

Nice post. I’ve been a long time reader and now a first time poster. I guess I’ve been a bench warmer and I’m finally getting into the game. I don’t expect too much playing time but we will see how things go.

Looking forward to another great season from The Signal Mountain Eagles.