Gallatin suspends 12 players due to altercation in scrimmage

runninblind

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Robert and his staff handled this in the right way. A lot of times football is what is between the earholes as much as overall athletic talent. Hopefully this will make the team stronger if everybody will do what it takes to get back with the program. And it looked like tonight that those boys who were not dressed out truly missed the team atmosphere as they stood there looking on. As far as I am concerned it is time to put this behind us, learn from it and move on. Wilson Central is the first game and they want nothing more than to beat Gallatin. The Green Wave will play who they have available.

Tre Haynes (#55) is not the one that caused Coach Williams (Smyrna) to get hit. The young man that caused it hit a Smyrna player and his helmet flew off hitting Coach Williams in the jaw. He has since been kicked off the team. There are several key players included in the suspensions, including #55, but they were all not given the same punishments. It's not yet clear who got what suspensions. I'll try to get it all cleared up at the Jamboree tonight. Still haven't heard anything on the Smyrna end, which leads me to believe nothing was done. Maybe I'm being pessimistic about that, but maybe one of the Smyrna folks could let us know about that.

Here is what happened frame by frame acording to to the tape of the game.

#14 and #24 for gallatin line up in power I the ball is given to the full back #24 . 24 is pushed back .the whistle blows,

and 24 for gallatin is thrown to the ground. flag is thrown. as everyone gathers around to get the penalty from the umpire, #24 jumps up runs through the crowd and grabs a smyrna player. the fight starts. smyrna player grabs 24. #14 for gallatin charges another smyrna player. two smyrna players grab 14. #28 for gallatin removes his helmet and began striking smyrna players . gallatin coach grabs #28 and #28 for gallatin throws his helmet at smyrna player. #55 for gallatin runs in from sideline and blind sides the same smyrna player that #24 for gallatin hit.#69 runs in from side line and blind sides another smyrna player who's helmet hits smyrna coach in the head . #55 and #69 then run back to the side line.

Anyone who watches the tape in slow mo cannot dispute what happened.

Maybe it is too harsh, but a message HAS to be sent that actions such as this WILL NOT be tolerated. This is the 2nd straight year a fight has broken out bewteen these two teams. Maybe its time for both of them to go in another direction for the pre-season

3 regular season games is uncalled for. Run the entire team until the puke.......and then some extra for those involved in the fight.

I remember a bench clearing brawl between Blackman and Centennial........then Blackman and Franklin County about 7 or 8 years ago. No one was hurt, no one was suspended, the coaches punished the heck out of the players involved to the point where there was not even the thought of fighting for the rest of anyones season.