BIG 8 - Week 0

RebelConvert

You know (as for the Conference) It would be huge if the two DBs would take one to the jaw in Week 0, so the rest of us won't have to listen to the beating of the chest all season long. I'm just sayin...

Glad you're back Cap. The boards have been dry and lifeless. WaCo will occasionally bring some life to a forum, but not near as much as he use to. Seems like people have lost interest in the T. Isn't the competition part of what makes for the greatness of the sport? We need more competitive stuff on here without all the stupidity. Yes, I apologize, this is coming from the guy who posted the smoked toad. See the DB-Far forum(I think) for ref. In my defense I was just trying to find an answer for WaCo. This is way longer than I meant it to be. Just meant long time no read, Cap.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know (as for the Conference) It would be huge if the two DBs would take one to the jaw in Week 0, so the rest of us won't have to listen to the beating of the chest all season long. I'm just sayin...

pot meet kettle. I remember a time a couple of years ago when you were doing some chest beating yourself. Of course number one ranked TH was sent home by one of those DB teams that year. just sayin...

Daniel Boone @ Elizabethton

Sullivan East @ David Crockett

Dobyns-Bennett @ Farragut

Science Hill @ Greeneville

Happy Valley @ Sullivan Central

Sullivan South @ Enka(NC)

Johnson County @ Tennessee High

Sullivan North @ Volunteer

Daniel Boone by 6,, unless it gets into a kicking competition.

David Crockett by 14, as long as they keep the intensity like the one drive against Boone in the Jamborree before the penalties started for both.

Farragut by 3, comes down to the last seconds of a the game wins by a 20 yard field goal.

Greeneville by 17, very close game until the Hill gets exhausted and starts making mistakes.

Happy Valley by 6 , very very tight game, these 2 teams should play well agaist each other.

South/Enka , never saw Enka play, nor ever heard anyone talk about them, so no prediction.

Tennessee High by 28, to much speed for JCounty.

Sullivan North by 14, Looked pretty close at first than the North started running away with it in the end.

Chest beating ? I think we have seen every team with a big win or two pound their chest over the last couple of years.Any team that is able to beat the 6A teams this year will have earned it,"maybe".I don't see any 5A team beating a healthy DB or SH team,unless they play the near perfect game.I said Science Hill would be very tough a long time ago,and still think the biggest school in the area will be a hard matchup for us all.I never count out Tennesse High as having great talent.Boone has earned respect over the last couple of years to join South and TH as the big three in local 5A teams.

Glad you're back Cap. The boards have been dry and lifeless. WaCo will occasionally bring some life to a forum, but not near as much as he use to. Seems like people have lost interest in the T. Isn't the competition part of what makes for the greatness of the sport? We need more competitive stuff on here without all the stupidity. Yes, I apologize, this is coming from the guy who posted the smoked toad. See the DB-Far forum(I think) for ref. In my defense I was just trying to find an answer for WaCo. This is way longer than I meant it to be. Just meant long time no read, Cap.

Thanks RebelC. It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. Hopefully week O will bring me up to speed. :hungry:

pot meet kettle. I remember a time a couple of years ago when you were doing some chest beating yourself. Of course number one ranked TH was sent home by one of those DB teams that year. just sayin...

I'll give you your feather Pocahontas... but you have to admit that it's hard not to beat your chest after you put a 51 to 26 dogstomp on a team that was billed as the so called #1 contender for the conference title.

Chest beating ? I think we have seen every team with a big win or two pound their chest over the last couple of years.Any team that is able to beat the 6A teams this year will have earned it,"maybe".I don't see any 5A team beating a healthy DB or SH team,unless they play the near perfect game.I said Science Hill would be very tough a long time ago,and still think the biggest school in the area will be a hard matchup for us all.I never count out Tennesse High as having great talent.Boone has earned respect over the last couple of years to join South and TH as the big three in local 5A teams.

Although it's in my nature... I can't disagree with anything you just said.

You talk to people with tears in your eyes, big as horse turds... it don't do a bit of good. Heck I hope your Vikings get a win too Cap, but beating Johnson County is not going to be much to write home about. I would like for the Conference to run the table Week 0.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

A beating of the drums is the sound you will hear when we're walking all over you again this year. What was the score in our game last year? I just can't remember. But i bet you'll never forget. Or did you even go? Or did you wish you had not gone? Why must you pull against our own conference? Be proud of our conference and wish them all well, after all it's a reflection on your team as well. Anyway, go Big Eight and Roll Tribe Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick hits

Elizabethton- Tough pick, should be great game.

David Crockett- East might have to change name to Bye.

Dobyns-Bennett- Option attack is tough to prepare for.

Greeneville- Not your daddy's SHill anymore, but G-Devils still a bit too much.

Happy Valley- Central (see East)

Enka- South just not as good as people think. Hayden made 2010 rebel's season.

Tn High- Won't see much fall off this year, but it will come with falling enrollment.

Sullivan North- Words don't adequately describe how bad Volunteer is, which is a shame.

But I'll be pulling for every single Big 8 team to win this week, for sure. Especially Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill.

You talk to people with tears in your eyes, big as horse turds... it don't do a bit of good. Heck I hope your Vikings get a win too Cap, but beating Johnson County is not going to be much to write home about. I would like for the Conference to run the table Week 0.

Roll Tribe Roll

DITTO :excl: