Brighton at Riverdale

TDCman

Warriors got off to a promising start last night. I still think we need to get away from the wing t, despite some proponents of it on this thread. But we looked good last night. It’s clear there isn’t a whole lot of faith in the passing game, but we are strong and fast. Defense looks strong and to Bacillum’s point we will have more productive tackling going forward. Special teams will be great this year. Glad we’ve got a strong leg at kicker.

Tougher next week but we’ll be even better than last night.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Saint X beat their opening opponent 70-0 tonight.

You can see that game here... http://www.ihigh.com/saintx/ Kentucky doesnt have the mercy rule. Take a look. I watched the game and the seem to have some athletes but there team speed is a little slow. Didnt really see anything outstanding. If the Warriors go in prepared and play 4 quarters the should come out on top. It would be nice to get some turf work this week if possible since Papa Johns Stadium is turf...anyone got connections at MTSU???

Edited by warrior82dad

Warriors got off to a promising start last night. I still think we need to get away from the wing t, despite some proponents of it on this thread. But we looked good last night. It’s clear there isn’t a whole lot of faith in the passing game, but we are strong and fast. Defense looks strong and to Bacillum’s point we will have more productive tackling going forward. Special teams will be great this year. Glad we’ve got a strong leg at kicker.

Tougher next week but we’ll be even better than last night.

same kicker as last year. we started off last year with some bad snaps and holds. not all kickers fault. then he got hit early in season and had to battle thru a sore ankle.kicking game will be fine. great game last night. see yall in louisville next saturday.

Man oh man, it made me smile to see Bacillum posting on here. Where have you been? I hope you are doing well. Your take is very thorough on the Warriors but I am wondering why you were there instead of at Oakland last night?

Congrats on the win, warriors. I live close to Louisville so guess where I plan to be on Friday night? I am anxious to see my boy Woodruff in action once again. He is an exciting player to watch and I am sure Coach A will have his boys ready. With all the points scored by both teams last night, should be quite a show. Saint X will have tons of fans, so you warriors need to load up the wagons.

P'less - game before our has Byrnes, South Carolina in it. We start around 8:00 on Saturday (probably later than that)

Send me a message and we can exchange cell phone numbers to get together - I am riding up with the team equipment trailer so will be limited on where I can go but would love to see ya and say hi!

Great game last night for Riverdale. I'm still a biased Oakland fan, however the Warriors will definitely make it an interesting year. Special teams looked great. The kicker has got a leg on him for sure. Once they get the timing down I don't think there is a chance he'll get blocked. If Brighton would have gotten on their horses they had an opportunity to get a couple XP's. But I'm sure that will get addressed come Monday afternoon. Defensively I was impressed by the speed of the Warriors. They aren't overly big but I personally think that football is moving into a finesse stage of the game. Speed is a big strength for them. I would have to disagree with the tackling being the best I've seen. It was taking two and three defenders often to stop the Brighton backs. They were good backs, but there were several arm tackles that should have stopped some big gains. On offense, Riverdale again has a strong wing t back situation. With a power back and two speed backs, it'll be tough to hold the Warriors on long drives. The line was big and knew what to do, however I'm afraid that a more athletic front will really cause problems. Down side of being big, is often having some mobility issues. They really but it on the bigs of Brighton though and opened holes for those backs. QB has got some legs under him, which is always a strength for them. Passing looks the same to me. They use it only when they are in trouble which makes it hard to complete. However being the first game, it looked better than in the past. There are always a few wrinkles in the beginning but Riverdale will have a great run this season. They know how to get it done and this year will be no different. Good luck Warriors!

Not sure if you was commenting on me on the tackling its wasnt the best EVER but it was the best we have seen in a while i thought there were several good open field tackles and they used their shoulder pads more was it great the whole game through?..NO but for the first game of the season i thought it was pretty good...and i am confident that it will get better as the season progresses...

as for the passing we didnt do a whole lot of it and this is just my OPINION and its not based on any knowledge at all but i think our coaching staff felt that we should win this game as long as we protect the ball and play our game so it is MY OPINION that all we wanted to do was run our core plays and execute you will see more passing this coming week IN MY OPINION

Not sure if you was commenting on me on the tackling its wasnt the best EVER but it was the best we have seen in a while i thought there were several good open field tackles and they used their shoulder pads more was it great the whole game through?..NO but for the first game of the season i thought it was pretty good...and i am confident that it will get better as the season progresses...

as for the passing we didnt do a whole lot of it and this is just my OPINION and its not based on any knowledge at all but i think our coaching staff felt that we should win this game as long as we protect the ball and play our game so it is MY OPINION that all we wanted to do was run our core plays and execute you will see more passing this coming week IN MY OPINION

I don't remember who had talked about tackling but I had noticed that Brighton had some big gains. Those gains were caused due to hard fighting backs and a weak tackle. It was still a great looking first game. Riverdale has been weak in the pass game because they don't have to use it in seasons past. The receivers looked great on the passes that were thrown and blocking down field was superb. I think they might need to hit up the passes more so that they can stay balanced.

And 2P, my girlfriend's sister is in the Warrior band so I went to see her. I'll be back at Oakland next week. I'll be snapping some pictures getting some practice in for MTSU games that are about to start up. I'm looking forward to seeing them in action.