Oneida at Greenback

bigearl

Cletus what do you and smash have to say about your indians? are you better than last years bunch? You guys have always been honest about what you have and I'm sure some of the Nations fans will be looking forward to what you have to say. Have a safe trip down.

Dang Earl, what took you so long. I was fixing to make a channel if no one else did!

You have to love this game! Just enough "angry" to make everyone sit up! Oneida could be very good this year or not....have to see where the maturity is. Greenback will not be scared of Oneida, The Cherokees will match the Indians hit for hit and will not give up the game at any point. Perfect place for Oneida to see what is what.

The Indians are big, fast and strong...we'll see how Tough they are on Friday! It's gonna be all day long! :hungry:

Dang Earl, what took you so long. I was fixing to make a channel if no one else did!

You have to love this game! Just enough "angry" to make everyone sit up! Oneida could be very good this year or not....have to see where the maturity is. Greenback will not be scared of Oneida, The Cherokees will match the Indians hit for hit and will not give up the game at any point. Perfect place for Oneida to see what is what.

The Indians are big, fast and strong...we'll see how Tough they are on Friday! It's gonna be all day long! :hungry:

Sounds like we are all in the same boat. Got all kinds of potential but it is untested and if we can agree on anything its that this game will be a TEST for both squads. We have had a couple of nicks and bumps that have had a few people out of position for a couple of weeks, I think that every body should be back on Friday night so we'll just have to see if we can gel.

Sounds like we are all in the same boat. Got all kinds of potential but it is untested and if we can agree on anything its that this game will be a TEST for both squads. We have had a couple of nicks and bumps that have had a few people out of position for a couple of weeks, I think that every body should be back on Friday night so we'll just have to see if we can gel.

Iron sharpens Iron. Rockwood, Greenback and Oneida are the only single A teams in East TN to win a state championship. There are gonna be mistakes Friday on both sides. Who can overcome? This game is not gonna define a season but it will totally set the compass, no doubt! :hungry:

Well, it being week 0 there are alot of if's and buts for both team. This will be a big feather in their hat for whoever wins this one. It is still a rebuilding year for both teams. Who would have ever thought that with the history of these teams. Whoever runs the ball will win, but look for both teams to test the corners early and often. It will be worth the price of admission.

Iron sharpens Iron. Rockwood, Greenback and Oneida are the only single A teams in East TN to win a state championship. There are gonna be mistakes Friday on both sides. Who can overcome? This game is not gonna define a season but it will totally set the compass, no doubt! :hungry:

:blink: In that area of East TN?

Should be a good game.

The Helvian Dragor doeth look for the subtle victim of justifiable fate. Little is known and little is spake. Glance from the edges and one has no pre-relequem of the prophesy. Size will dictate matters in the Belly of the Beast.....fleetness will have to remain in the web before it. Alas, if the web breaks, Zeus will have a means by which cast the Slayer aside. All carnage will only steepen the pain of the the Benovian Blade.

Kazanity

Oneida appears to have made tremendous strides in the off-season. Line play appears to be as strong as it has been in quite a few years. West to West could be lethal and Bear may be the best in the district. Not sure what Greenback has, but all reports seem to be they have all the tools needed to compete week in and week out. This could be another in a long line of memorable games between these schools. I am on the outside looking in, but I believe line play will be the difference in Oneida's favor.

:blink: In that area of East TN?

Should be a good game.

I included Rockwood cause they did win a state championship. But, Greenback and Oneida have really had some great games over the years. I don't think it's a coincidence that GB won state in 87 and Oneida in 92. Of course, by east I'm refering to everything east of South Pittsburgh! :rolleyes:

Good luck to all my ole injun buddies,great game to start the season.I'd pay to watch it. Hope both teams knocks the crap out of each other,shake hands at the end and all stays healthy. Nothing better that small town football.

Hey pujo, there's just enough meaness between the teams to make it a game worth circling on the calander! Good luck to the Bulldogs this year.

Well, it being week 0 there are alot of if's and buts for both team. This will be a big feather in their hat for whoever wins this one. It is still a rebuilding year for both teams. Who would have ever thought that with the history of these teams. Whoever runs the ball will win, but look for both teams to test the corners early and often. It will be worth the price of admission.

I like your assement Injun. I don't think Greenback will have much luck running, but their passing game is usually very good. Oneida's offense looks very balanced and tough.

Looking at the history of the game, it's usually a Low scoring Grind or one team Pounding the living daylights out of the other. We might be in for the first Indian/Cherokee shoot-out in a long time. :hungry:

I think the key is going to be mistakes on defense. Not only who makes the least mistakes but also which team can recover from the mistakes and fight back. It's gonna be fun to watch!