Riverside @ Lexington

VolFan38351

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta root for our 15a team on this one ! But Lexington got it rollin late last year ! I'll take Riverside in an upset !

22-18! " foot to foot and push"

If it happens ill stay home all year and want even watch football... for a team this good to get beat is unethical and If lexington stays healthy.. blue cross could be polished with a little red!!!!

I am shocked that I am hearing very little if nothing about Riverside this year. I really don't know what to think of it. But anyways, I think that the THE BIG RED MACHINE will be rolling Friday Night. Good Luck to all.

GO BIG RED!

There is a reason u arent hearing much about them.. In their defense they lost two 1000 yd rushers back to back in scott and white.. qb graduated lost some lineman too i believe.. i time they may get back but they are inexperienced now..

Riverside definately came to play tonight,and kept this one closer than most(me)thought.The Lexington offense looked awfuly simple,maybe the QB had trouble with plays,maybe they thought they'd roll over the top of Riverside with brute force,either way with the fumbles and miscues the games margin was due to a 71 yard catch and run that was close to a sack(the defender had the QBs'jersy,spun him 360 degrees,and he hit the reciever with a 7-8 yard fluttering duck while the coaching staff yelled "don't throw it"),and a blocked extra point.The Panthers are better than advertised,and the Tigers have some polishing to do yet.For those who say "there are no moral victories",I say Riverside got one tonight...they're nobodys pushover,and if they didn't already know that they do now.Lexington got what they wanted;revenge for last season,Sellers sat out the game without costing a victory,and first game jitters behind them.I think the Tigers will be a tough out when playoff time comes,but there's work to be done yet.I also believe that the Riverside/Adamsville game will decide who wins their dist. this season.

Riverside definately came to play tonight,and kept this one closer than most(me)thought.The Lexington offense looked awfuly simple,maybe the QB had trouble with plays,maybe they thought they'd roll over the top of Riverside with brute force,either way with the fumbles and miscues the games margin was due to a 71 yard catch and run that was close to a sack(the defender had the QBs'jersy,spun him 360 degrees,and he hit the reciever with a 7-8 yard fluttering duck while the coaching staff yelled "don't throw it"),and a blocked extra point.The Panthers are better than advertised,and the Tigers have some polishing to do yet.For those who say "there are no moral victories",I say Riverside got one tonight...they're nobodys pushover,and if they didn't already know that they do now.Lexington got what they wanted;revenge for last season,Sellers sat out the game without costing a victory,and first game jitters behind them.I think the Tigers will be a tough out when playoff time comes,but there's work to be done yet.I also believe that the Riverside/Adamsville game will decide who wins their dist. this season.

I think Sellers means that much to the team. And since when has the Big Red ever had an overly complicated offense? :mrgreen:

FW next week, so they've got some time to work out the kinks. Hardin Co. is a bit down this year so they've got a couple of weeks before Liberty.

I think Sellers means that much to the team. And since when has the Big Red ever had an overly complicated offense? :mrgreen:

FW next week, so they've got some time to work out the kinks. Hardin Co. is a bit down this year so they've got a couple of weeks before Liberty.

I think that Lexington will be ready by the time the Liberty game rolls around also,just saying that maybe not a lot of time went into prepping the "replacement" QB to run the offense in his absence(the exchange from center was mishandled a few times as well).The fact that the first 'couple of games are against "weaker" teams didn't escape you,probably not the coaching staff either.Lexington does not run a complicated offense,but they toned it down against Riverside(didn't run counter much at all,pitches out were early,all QB runs were between the tackles...),possibly to reduce the risk of miscommunication.Sellers is no doubt the fuel that runs the engine,but Lexington is also no doubt better than they looked last night without him.The point of my post was not to belittle the Tigers,but to relate how well Riverside represented themselves when I(and everyone seated around me)thought they'd be beat down by the half.

Edited by tradertwo