Goodpasture vs. CPA

DANR

Congrats to CPA and Coach Martin and staff for great start to their new program at CPA. Hated to miss it.

Wow. What a great night for CPA. Over 700 attended pregame tailgate. Standing Room Only at the game.

Vic Wharton is the real deal. He accounted for 4 touchdowns. Defense played well and for the most part contained Goodpasture's All State QB.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. What a great night for CPA. Over 700 attended pregame tailgate. Standing Room Only at the game.

Vic Wharton is the real deal. He accounted for 4 touchdowns. Defense played well and for the most part contained Goodpasture's All State QB.

Seems like I remember telling u this about 2 weeks ago....I have been around this game a long time and u don't have players like vic(trey) wharton come along very often in 3a football and when I was told he wasn't getting a chance to play I was in total shock..but now u see what I was talking about cpa4ever. Congrats guys hope alcoa and cpa matchup for the state championship in both football and basketball ..

Seems like I remember telling u this about 2 weeks ago....I have been around this game a long time and u don't have players like vic(trey) wharton come along very often in 3a football and when I was told he wasn't getting a chance to play I was in total shock..but now u see what I was talking about cpa4ever. Congrats guys hope alcoa and cpa matchup for the state championship in both football and basketball ..

Never said he wasn't good or shouldn't play. All I said was he didn't look impressive on the sideline physically. Obviously he is a special player.

Great night for CPA after many years of frustration from close losses to Goody.

Goodpasture lost to CPA in both 2008 & 2009. Not necessarily "many years of frustration". It would seem to me the frustration comes from the Cougars knocking CPA out of the playoffs 4 out of the past 5 years.

Goodpasture lost to CPA in both 2008 & 2009. Not necessarily "many years of frustration". It would seem to me the frustration comes from the Cougars knocking CPA out of the playoffs 4 out of the past 5 years.

Since the multiplier, the CPA/GP games have been close, but GP has CPA's number in the playoffs, and that is what is important. CPA has actually been unfortunate to draw GP early in the playoffs, and has given GP their hardest tests (other than Alcoa).

Vic Wharton 280 total yds

6 rushes for 125 2 tds

4 catches for 77 yds 1 TD

78 yd KO return for TD

Sam Cranford 3 catches for 98 yds and 1 TD

Led defense with 9 tackles on D

Great night for CPA after many years of frustration from close losses to Goody.

Cranford had a monster year last year, and was overlooked on All-State team. Hopefully, that will be corrected this year.