TSSAA rules of student player transfer?

BigBody

$1,000's for private schools, a few $100 if the public school has an open enrollment policy. these are the only rules that really matter regarding the t$$aa. :roflolk:

My question is if said student has a parent that resides in the county they wish to play/attend, what all can stop them from being eligible to play? Especially if the two schools are in the same district, does that effect anything? The student in question hasn't participated in football for the school since early spring if that helps. Just trying to clarify a few things simply because I know a player trying to finish his HS career and I think a few grown men are trying to play blackball this young man.

My question is if said student has a parent that resides in the county they wish to play/attend, what all can stop them from being eligible to play? Especially if the two schools are in the same district, does that effect anything? The student in question hasn't participated in football for the school since early spring if that helps. Just trying to clarify a few things simply because I know a player trying to finish his HS career and I think a few grown men are trying to play blackball this young man.

i've heard that there are rules that in some situations that a kid has to sit out a certain time period, although i can't tell you what those guidelines are. i assume that if it's because some one moved then there should be nothing barring him from participating. i'm certain there is some t$$aa lawyer or guideline that can be used to deny that right.

Edited by snoball5278

Your hard to follow?? If he moved into a NEW home out of the 1st school zone to ANOTHER school zone then he should be eligible ?? your gonna have to give more details to get the right answer

If there's a change of address there are no restrictions,no address change assigned student,a hardship may be applied for,but may be approved/denied at the whim of the director of schools or A.D. That is the rule as I've understood it,but have done no research on the matter.T.S.S.A.A. web site may be refrenced,or better yet call them for an explanation.

Here are the rules:

1. Must live with parents or legal guardian in the school zone of the new High School

2. Must prove bonafide move to new residence

3. If transferring within the same school zone it is up to the AD or administration but 12 month rule may still apply

4. hardships are almost never granted

5. you can only transfer once between joint custody parents

Here are the rules:

1. Must live with parents or legal guardian in the school zone of the new High School

2. Must prove bonafide move to new residence

3. If transferring within the same school zone it is up to the AD or administration but 12 month rule may still apply

4. hardships are almost never granted

5. you can only transfer once between joint custody parents

wonder if this applies to Memphis city schools ..they swap to any school they want to play ..maybe its the policy of Memphis schools to have state contenders in all classes in their attempt to have Gold balls ..just saying.. :rolleyes: