Daniel Boone @ Cherokee

RebelConvert

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cherokee had over 500 yards of total offense last night with around 350 passing. We did however give up a few big running plays from their running back, he was very fast. I feel we have the best passing quarterback in East Tennessee(almost 2000 yds last year as a sophomore. We have about 6 or 7 guys that can catch it as well.

Cherokee had over 500 yards of total offense last night with around 350 passing. We did however give up a few big running plays from their running back, he was very fast. I feel we have the best passing quarterback in East Tennessee(almost 2000 yds last year as a sophomore. We have about 6 or 7 guys that can catch it as well.

not even close, who did you pay, claim that when you compete for your championship. Finishing 5th in your conference does not get it done. playing down 2 divisions and running up stats does not count for much. at the end of the day solid player but not near the top. west greene is not greeneville!!!

Agreed. Cherokee looks to be good this year, but Boone will be about 3 notches tougher than West Greene. How good will Boone be? They didn't show a whole lot against Elizabethton.

This would be the game to see this week IMO.

Boone is PO'd and ready for a win, Cherokee is high off a big night of scoring.

Cherokee ain't overlooking anyone, especially Boone. Always a tough game between these two teams so it should be a good one. Boone has to get that offense clicking, defense needs some three and outs. A fly on the wall should be entertained this week as I am betting a good, tough week of practice is ahead for Boone.

Shake it off, move on, find a way to win. Don't need to start off 0-2. Speed is on Boone's side this week, but the hard hitting Chiefs should prove a very interesting match up.

What needs to be fixed?

What can be fixed?

What's the outcome?

Well what needs to be fixed is boones line needs to suck it up and knock people back instead of letting them kill their quarterback and running back. The lines on O and D haven't changed that much from last year. Another thing that needs to happen is #7 needs to realize he is not superman. He has the making to be a good qb but this whole holding on to the ball junk just ain't cutting it. He does the same thing in basketball....he brings it down the court, drives the lane, and shoots every single time. Thats why Arnold sits him out most of the time. Another problem is that the ball hog qb is the only one on defense who can make a tackle. Can these problems be fixed? Your guess is as good as mine. IMO I say you put #7 in as full-time defense and move #3 into qb he's just a sophomore but that could be the change Boone needs. As for the lines I'd make them run oklahomas everyday from now til Friday until the puked. As for the outcome, when a good team gets embarrassed they usually respond well the next week. This Cherokee game will show whether Boone is a good team or if they are terrible. Like I said this is all my opinion. I'm not the coach so my opinion doesn't matter much but you asked for it so here it is.

Well what needs to be fixed is boones line needs to suck it up and knock people back instead of letting them kill their quarterback and running back. The lines on O and D haven't changed that much from last year. Another thing that needs to happen is #7 needs to realize he is not superman. He has the making to be a good qb but this whole holding on to the ball junk just ain't cutting it. He does the same thing in basketball....he brings it down the court, drives the lane, and shoots every single time. Thats why Arnold sits him out most of the time. Another problem is that the ball hog qb is the only one on defense who can make a tackle. Can these problems be fixed? Your guess is as good as mine. IMO I say you put #7 in as full-time defense and move #3 into qb he's just a sophomore but that could be the change Boone needs. As for the lines I'd make them run oklahomas everyday from now til Friday until the puked. As for the outcome, when a good team gets embarrassed they usually respond well the next week. This Cherokee game will show whether Boone is a good team or if they are terrible. Like I said this is all my opinion. I'm not the coach so my opinion doesn't matter much but you asked for it so here it is.

lost 2 on o line center.left tkl

lost 2 on d line left tkl,left end

the last two years the defence carried boone

offence had some problems,still does enough about last year.this team faced a real good betsy team. if they were in the big eight this year they would win it.

offence had some problems,still does enough about last year.this team faced a real good betsy team. if they were in the big eight this year they would win it.

Like I said the O and D lines haven't changed that much...the starters this year were seeing alot of playing time last year. They are seniors they've been in the system for 3 years they were apart of the last two years. Only difference is all of the pressure is on them now not just a little.

not even close, who did you pay, claim that when you compete for your championship. Finishing 5th in your conference does not get it done. playing down 2 divisions and running up stats does not count for much. at the end of the day solid player but not near the top. west greene is not greeneville!!!

I was just describing what I saw at the game. If you saw something different describe that. No championship was given unless it was for the "Battle Of The Border Of West Green Co and South Hawkins Co" and I didn't see anyone selling T-shirts with that on it. Time will tell on our QB but up to this point there was not another in the jamboree or at this game that looked better. Greeneville has a great team and I was glad to see them beat Science Hill!

Oh com'on FUB! They have only played one game and you have'em winning the Big 8! At least wait until they beat Science Hill before you throw that out there.