Riverdale vs Saint X

TDCman

Big game against an outstanding Saint X team.

The new defense is going to have an interesting week of preparation. I watched most of the 1st quarter of the Saint X game and saw the Tigers in the I, wishbone, pistol, and one-back. That was in probably just 10-12 offensive plays.

The Saint X defense and special teams scored three touchdowns and played steady eight in the box. They will force Riverdale to pass and capitalize on any mistakes.

Saint X is just an excellently coached team that is good in all phases of the game. The QB is just outstanding...accurate, elusive, heady player that will give a defense fits. Exactly the kind of QB that has given Riverdale defenses trouble in recent years.

This is a real opportunity to see how the Riverdale team has matured and how prepared they are for a 48 minute battle. Riverdale will need all the intensity and depth they can muster come Saturday night.

Edited by TDCman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see that game here... http://www.ihigh.com/saintx/ Kentucky doesnt have the mercy rule. Take a look. I watched the game and the seem to have some athletes but there team speed is a little slow. Didnt really see anything outstanding. If the Warriors go in prepared and play 4 quarters the should come out on top. It would be nice to get some turf work this week if possible since Papa Johns Stadium is turf...anyone got connections at MTSU???

You can see that game here... http://www.ihigh.com/saintx/ Kentucky doesnt have the mercy rule. Take a look. I watched the game and the seem to have some athletes but there team speed is a little slow. Didnt really see anything outstanding. If the Warriors go in prepared and play 4 quarters the should come out on top. It would be nice to get some turf work this week if possible since Papa Johns Stadium is turf...anyone got connections at MTSU???

Thanks for the link. Lets hope Riverdale can represent Murfreesboro and 7-AAA well.

To look at this game with better understanding you have to understand how the system works in Kentucky for private schools. They dont play regulars schools even though they are not all Catholic schools. They also play alot of private magnet schools accross the state. They are a team with alot of disipline and structure but im not sure that they have seem the caliber of teams that they will be facing in the Warriors. They havent faced a wing T team in over 5 years so this could be a problem. Take a look at there video and youll see what im seeing. They are straight up very traditional without alot of flair. There overall team speed looks slow on film even with the weak opponent they faced. This could be a big surprize heading north for these boys. Stay focused on the game and not the trip and the Warriors will be fine if the play 4 quarters..

Go Warriors!!

What I would like to know is how DEEP is St X and what is their strength and conditioning program is like. Next I would like to know what film they are watching on US. Is it one showing nothing but run, or one that lets them know we CAN pass if we have to.

Now having said that as St X really likes to pass, what is our defensive plan going to be? For their runs how deep do their backs go?