William Blount vs Knox Central

GovMan

Went up to Sevier County last week to watch WB open their season. I was a fair-weather fan I'm afraid ... left midway through 3rd qtr. My take-away--definitely not expert--is that the Gov's have some offensive weapons and are capable of putting up some points. Defensively, they were decent against the run, but really struggled in their coverage assignments against the pass. I'm sure the WB coaches will be working all week to fix the problems. Overall, it was definitely a better showing to start 2011 than they had against Sevier County last year in their opener.

How about Central? I was shocked to see Cody Blanc only touched the ball 4-5 times? against Catholic. Surely to goodness he'll be utilized more this week? What can we expect Central fans? How good is your passing game? Will we see Blanc getting the ball more? I sure hope we don't kick it off to him (memories of last year's game against Bearden and Devrin Young).

Can't wait for Friday!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I told my wife I was going to skip a Friday game this week because I watched 3 HS football games last week. But now you have me wanting to go see the Govs/Bobcats. I might see if GREYRIDER will meet me at the game. He lives closer to WB than both you and I. They will have to put on an awesome show if they are going to top Greenback/Oneida though.

Well, I told my wife I was going to skip a Friday game this week because I watched 3 HS football games last week. But now you have me wanting to go see the Govs/Bobcats. I might see if GREYRIDER will meet me at the game. He lives closer to WB than both you and I. They will have to put on an awesome show if they are going to top Greenback/Oneida though.

If you all DO make it -- be sure and holler at me!

Hello All

I too am a fair weather fan GovMan. Even more than you. I was at work anticipating trip to SC but we have live doppler and I was 99% sure of what was going to happen. Decided to come home and listen to some games on the radio. Wish I had went to the Greenback game but hindsight is 20/20.

I plan on being at WB/Central. I agree that the defense needs to tighten up their pass coverage. I'm sure the coaches / players will spend some time this week on this area. I hope some time will be spent on the "verticle" passing game...

tpoole12

Side Note : For all those people who have PM'd me wanting to know if I am the good running back from UT, I'm sorry to say that I am not. I'm a fifty two year old, bald guy who will only run if something is chasing me. I'm sure some of my ole friends will get a giggle out of this!

Good Luck Govs

Dang ... does no one care anymore! :unsure: We've got one Rebel (who's still got a little Governor blood flowing through his veins); one Governor fan; and NOONE from Central weighing in.

Doesn't anybody even want to make a prediction? I'm thinking the Govs open up their home schedule with a W in a high scoring, close game. To paraphrase Coach Gregory, we've got to win some of the games that people don't expect us to win. This could be one of those games.

To my Maryville fans ... we DO have some good food being cooked up in our concession stand. Come on down and try a little!

If Central gets the ball to Cody Blanc more than 4 carries and 1 reception than Central will handle the Govs easily.

Now that's more like it! Thanks Slammin. I've got a feeling they are going to do a lot more to get Blanc "out in space" with the football. And if they do, it will be trouble for the Govs.

But WB's offense just might surprise some folks as well. More weapons than people realize. We are not just one dimensional.

Hey Central fans...

Like GovMan said... Give us something to talk about.. SlammingSammy feels good about his prediction.. I think Cody Blanc will be a big factor in this game.. I believe I would try to get him more than five touch's if I were play calling for Central.. On the other hand if I was on the WB side, I would to limit his touch's where I could. The big thing for WB is not let him get the ball out in "air".. Good atheletes, "out in air", will make you pay..

Here's my take.. Both teams will have success running the ball.. The team that ends up the most balanced attack after three quarters will win the game.. Most of the time the fourth quarter stats are skewed due to the fact that team with the lead will be trying to run the ball and thus the clock.. The team that is trailing is forced to open up the offense to get back in the game..

Well ... that's my $.02 worth...

Good Luck Govs

tpoole12

PS: Those jerseys in the 80's must have been reeeeeaaaaaallllllyyy big!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol: