MILAN @ Humboldt

JaxSShawks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Powell throws for 3 TD's you can bet we'll run for 3-4 more. Milan is more balanced this year.

We have more speed around the QB, he's just gotta get them the ball. It may take a few games, but

the Bulldogs will get to the point where we leave a lasting impression of complete domination!!!

Let's see:

If Montigue throws for 3 TD's you can bet we'll run for 3-4 more. Humboldt is more balanced this year.

We have more speed around the QB, he's just gotta get them the ball. It may take a few games, but

the Vikings will get to the point where we leave a lasting impression of complete domination!!!

I like the way that sounds :mrgreen:

Who's carrying the ball this year for Milan? Bryson and Belew? How do they look? Also, what's Finch's status? I know Milan returns the 3 stud linebackers, but what's the secondary and the D-Line look like? Was told a player transferred in from Texas and looked to make a big impact on the corners. Don't really get to keep up with the Dawgs anymore. Any info would be appreciated.

Who's carrying the ball this year for Milan? Bryson and Belew? How do they look? Also, what's Finch's status? I know Milan returns the 3 stud linebackers, but what's the secondary and the D-Line look like? Was told a player transferred in from Texas and looked to make a big impact on the corners. Don't really get to keep up with the Dawgs anymore. Any info would be appreciated.

i havent seen them play but box scores had Bryson and Belew top rushers something like 70 yards each Prob wont be a 1000 yard rusher more like 3 guys sharing the load. 800 yards or so each

This used to be a bigger rivalry in the past but pretty one sided in recent years. Because of early season excitement and a strong home crowd, Humboldt keeps this one close at the begining but in the end it will be Coach Morris's Bulldogs with the victory

What's up BD#1?

Milan should be pretty good this year. They will for sure be led by the LB core on D this year. Got some decent size DT's and good ends with hard driving motors. DB's are young for sure but should be well seasoned by the time it counts. The transfer from Texas is a player. Seems to be aggressive on the field and goes for the ball and has good hands.

On offense we have a lot of weapons. Bryson showed some tough grit last week, almost reminded you of a young Rod Smith with the way he delivers the blow during a run. FB is by commitee but have a stud there in LB Graves. Tacklers have a tendency to bounce off of him instead of taking him down. He won't play FB that much but will be in when it matters. Belew is young but anyone who has watched him knows he has serious talent. He and Finch can both go to the house on any of thier touches.

Another impressive part of our game this year is the kicking game. Brett Hopper is doing the punting and getting about 4.0 to 4.2 hang time, balls going about 50 yards off his foot so that is a good sign.Our PK is Caleb Appleton and he has a much stronger leg this year. My guess is he has got about a 45 yrd range but haven't seen it in a game yet. Very consistent on XP's. Both kickers are Juniors I believe.

Hope this helps you and brings you up to date. Don't know if you are living in the area but if you are these Dawgs are worth the price of admission. They still have some things to get worked out with some areas but overall they have good talent.

Humboldt is a force to reckon with. 10-0 to a number 1 district-ranked 3A team just as good as a win. Either we are off the chain or -----

3 points came off an interception where the ball was just thrown short. With a wide open receiver other 7 was well worked for

- Humboldt was driving the ball down their throat the entire first half of the ball game.

Humboldt gained a heck of a lot of respect from those 42-7 posters.

Go Vikings!!!!!!!!

playing the title game this year is the goal for this team. Anything else will be a disappointment

Milan will be disappointed this year they will not make it to the title game because Camden will put them out of the playoff. To get ready for Alcoa Milan will have to beat Humboldt more then 10 points. Because Alcoa is a lot better than the viking and we don't have enough power to win the title this year. Humboldt stop our running game more than we will say, but the true is the true and I am just telling it like it is milan fan what yall want say I will.

Should Milan be playing the way they are now after week 8, i will agree with you. i have learned through the years, that Milan does not begin to peak until around week 8, 9, then the playoffs. In the heat right now, Milan is playing a ton of people. As the weather cools and things and people begin to fall into place, Milan will begin to play better. Until then, just a wait and see.