South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

It's hard to get a read on the game tonight because I just think Clinton was so overwhelmed at every position. Too much speed from all directions from DB. That being said, how do you think South will matchup with DB and try to counter DB's speed? South looked good last week and fought hard, but I just don't think that hang with DB. I expect a hard hitting game though....

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to get a read on the game tonight because I just think Clinton was so overwhelmed at every position. Too much speed from all directions from DB. That being said, how do you think South will matchup with DB and try to counter DB's speed? South looked good last week and fought hard, but I just don't think that hang with DB. I expect a hard hitting game though....

Were you at Enka?

No, were you? I did see the game film though and South did play hard and moved the ball. I didn't say they were perfect but they stayed in the game and battled hard. DB and South is traditionally a hard fought game no matter the outcome....

South did not play well defensively against a very strong Enka offense. The Rebels, as they lined up defensively at Enka, would be outmatched speedwise versus the Tribe's skill positions. I suppose that will be the case for most of D-B's opponents this year. South will probably attempt to shorten the game by playing physical football and moving the chains, hoping to keep the Tribe O off the field. I believe South's special teams are much improved this year and will minimize returns by Foreman and Swafford. The punt team will fare well also, if called upon, unlike last year's debacle that led to the decision to go for 4th and 2 from deep in our territory.

You can bet it will be hard hitting and the Rebels will bring an all out effort

South did not play well defensively against a very strong Enka offense. The Rebels, as they lined up defensively at Enka, would be outmatched speedwise versus the Tribe's skill positions. I suppose that will be the case for most of D-B's opponents this year. South will probably attempt to shorten the game by playing physical football and moving the chains, hoping to keep the Tribe O off the field. I believe South's special teams are much improved this year and will minimize returns by Foreman and Swafford. The punt team will fare well also, if called upon, unlike last year's debacle that led to the decision to go for 4th and 2 from deep in our territory.

You can bet it will be hard hitting and the Rebels will bring an all out effort

So your picking South to win?

South vs Enka was not a good show for South. Enka is considered a joke for the other teams in the NC area. Sorry, if you want to play out of area teams play good teams. DB has played MBA, Oak Ridge, etc. Enka is not a good team and NEVER has been. In fact for Enka to go 5 & 5 is good. South will be crushed by DB. DB will let up and be nice as usual, although South would never do the same in return. The score will be whatever Clark feels like.

If anybody is confused about why the South community hates DB...read the last post.

It's this exact disrespectful attitude toward every other program, every other community, every other people, that causes a distaste for the holier than thou DB faithful. It's not just our community, it's every community. You can add Enka to that list now.

Enka may go 5-5, but they have the best QB we will face this year...and they played a clean, hard nosed football game. Congrats to them!

South proved they won't quit.

I will be in attendance to cheer on the Rebels next Friday. I'm hoping for the upset, but will applaud an all out effort by our boys regardless the outcome. Remember Rebels, we have nothing to lose in this one, so leave it all on the field.

Good luck to all! Go Rebels!!!!!!

South vs Enka was not a good show for South. Enka is considered a joke for the other teams in the NC area. Sorry, if you want to play out of area teams play good teams. DB has played MBA, Oak Ridge, etc. Enka is not a good team and NEVER has been. In fact for Enka to go 5 & 5 is good. South will be crushed by DB. DB will let up and be nice as usual, although South would never do the same in return. The score will be whatever Clark feels like.

Another fine ambassador of the DB program. Keep Talking.

You forgot to mention Clinton....save this speech for your 1st round play-off opponent.