South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

Are you really this freeking stupid. Not one of your arguments holds water. Typical South fan. Even the vandalizing was done by your own. Im pretty sure that one was proven. The only good team I can remember South playing in the playoffs was Columbia and they lost that one. I think South has only defeated two teams west of Morristown in the history of the school. So yes, "Jerrys Kids". But Its like I keep saying, It don't matter. This is the DB vs. South thread. Your playing DB next Friday night. Just keep your eye on the ball. If we lose to Bearden or Maryville it doesn't help South one bit.

Ah,.. boasting Re: beating a team from Sullivan County, TN, no matter how many times, really? Can they walk over or is the game at DB? Maybe one the surviving actual State Champions at Dobyns-Bennett should Rx a little stronger schedule to support the failure to make the second round or at least rein in some of the braggadocio that crescendo with the year's last CT post(s): "It snowed. Doggie ate my homework. Riggs ran wild. Should have prepared better. Grandma died...again. Flat tire on the way. Safety was only option. Left Art Brummet's helmet back in Kingsport, et. al."

Edited by 64TNChamp

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really this freeking stupid. Not one of your arguments holds water. Typical South fan. Even the vandalizing was done by your own. Im pretty sure that one was proven. The only good team I can remember South playing in the playoffs was Columbia and they lost that one. I think South has only defeated two teams west of Morristown in the history of the school. So yes, "Jerrys Kids". But Its like I keep saying, It don't matter. This is the DB vs. South thread. Your playing DB next Friday night. Just keep your eye on the ball. If we lose to Bearden or Maryville it doesn't help South one bit.

No. it was you vandalized us. We also played boone 2 years ago and beat them. you should remember that team they beat you that year in the regular season. Go ahead and say what you will about none of my arguments holding water..if mine dont, neither do yours. This pointless bickering gets us no where. And yes I still think cooke needs to answer alot of questions, if you dont your ignorant. Can you at least agree with me there?

My concern is that DB can pass the ball with South playing all out run defense(8-9}guys up close to the line.I spell for crap,but my math is pretty good,it's hard for 5 or 6 to block 8 or 9.I don't care if we do have one of the best offensive lineman in the state,you can't be two places at once.That does however leave a lot of one on one in the passing game.We had a blown defensive coverage in last nights game that Clinton wasn't able to catch.One man can't cover two receivers as well.I can see South trying to do a roll out (run or pass}and laying the ball up when our guys bite on the run.These are the things that concern me.I don't care about all the games I've enjoyed(favorites 2009-2006},I just care about being the best prepared for 2011,and winning by 1-or 41 doesn't matter.

My concern is that DB can pass the ball with South playing all out run defense(8-9}guys up close to the line.I spell for crap,but my math is pretty good,it's hard for 5 or 6 to block 8 or 9.I don't care if we do have one of the best offensive lineman in the state,you can't be two places at once.That does however leave a lot of one on one in the passing game.We had a blown defensive coverage in last nights game that Clinton wasn't able to catch.One man can't cover two receivers as well.I can see South trying to do a roll out (run or pass}and laying the ball up when our guys bite on the run.These are the things that concern me.I don't care about all the games I've enjoyed(favorites 2009-2006},I just care about being the best prepared for 2011,and winning by 1-or 41 doesn't matter.

thats what im saying. I dont think cook can play like he did against faragut if you want a win. But what you were saying goes the other way too...if we rush 8-9 guys there will someone open, and if cook can get it there it will be bad for us..so I really think the x factor is how your QB plays. You guys have a good defense but its imo its not one of your better secondarys that youve had the past years(young this year) I look for south to pass alot in this game too.

You gotta remember too we have one of the best (imo, the best) linebacker in the state in J.C. Garvin

Edited by rebelfan77

thats what im saying. I dont think cook can play like he did against faragut if you want a win. But what you were saying goes the other way too...if we rush 8-9 guys there will someone open, and if cook can get it there it will be bad for us..so I really think the x factor is how your QB plays. You guys have a good defense but its imo its not one of your better secondarys that youve had the past years(young this year) I look for south to pass alot in this game too.

You gotta remember too we have one of the best (imo, the best) linebacker in the state in J.C. Garvin

just re-read your post and saw about ty hayworth.

If we are able to run against an all out run defense {that I think we will see},that would be great,no,that would be very great next week.That however will leave us a little short come Maryville time.We might as well get ready for that storm right now{one game at a time}.This is one of the few games that can help us prepare during the regular season.South is one of the biggest teams that our guys will face up front and we better pack a lunch for friday night if we plan on just running over them.

I know noone can forget the past. However there is a game next week. Is there a point to playing this game? Just wondering. It seems a forgone conclusion that DB will finish 10-0. That would mean after next friday night they will be 3-0. Curious to see if anyone can see a way that South wins.

No way South could beat DB. 54-0

:rolleyes: Can anyone bring anything new to these played out arguments?

Class? As with fans of all teams, there are those that lack it. Neither side wins this one.

44-0 vs. 1 and Done? I think the 44-0 argument gets the edge. Even if a team loses in the 1st round of the playoffs it doesn't matter if they beat you.

Annexation? Not the place for politics, but it has more to do with than just one school taking football players. IMO, this argument is out of the question because its out of control.

School size? Going with week 0 results, Greeneville and Betsy both beat bigger schools. So size doesn't matter.

Silliness? TIE!

:ugeek:

Thanks. We can all go home now.

This is as good as your players hanging on the fense last night yelling at our team as they came on the field. Don't forget to send your thugs over sometime this weekend to do some spray painting. We wouldn't expect anything less.

I can not believe you just accused South of vandalism after what your people (I can name them, but I won't) did a couple of years age. I take it back...I can believe it.

South vs Enka was not a good show for South. Enka is considered a joke for the other teams in the NC area. Sorry, if you want to play out of area teams play good teams. DB has played MBA, Oak Ridge, etc. Enka is not a good team and NEVER has been. In fact for Enka to go 5 & 5 is good. South will be crushed by DB. DB will let up and be nice as usual, although South would never do the same in return. The score will be whatever Clark feels like.

:thumb: Right on...Enka is about like Sullivan Central in North Carolina.I pulled up Enka's website some of Enka's opponents hit the 70pt margin last year....I think it was like 5 times.I think Bud is right on.The Indians will make the score whatever Graham wants it to be...What about that Gilliam kid..what a BEAST. :hungry: :hungry:

:thumb: Right on...Enka is about like Sullivan Central in North Carolina.I pulled up Enka's website some of Enka's opponents hit the 70pt margin last year....I think it was like 5 times.I think Bud is right on.The Indians will make the score whatever Graham wants it to be...What about that Gilliam kid..what a BEAST. :hungry: :hungry:

South fans don't like Gilliam for what he did to Coach Hoover. He's also very conceited and arrogant. He might be able to play but that will only get him so far.

Edited by rebelfan77