South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

Haha thanks man...I just see it as a message board and things like that are fun to do, it is what makes this stuff fun. Really when you think about it, it is all just a game. We all love the teams we root for, and it is easy to let it get under your skin if taken the wrong way. Anytime i do it, it is just for fun, i never mean any ill will or bad intent in it. Just good little barbs and pokes.

Absolutely...this is my first real crusade since 2002! But I think I might be enjoying it just a bit too much! Ha

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That one did take the air out of South. I think that game sent Carter packing. The South fans were calling on him to run the score up on DB all week before the contest. They actually thought the score was going to be something like 60-0.:) Do you know which game was my favorite? Well I'll tell you. It was 2006 when DB won 44-0. The talk was much the same except it started in mid July that year. They had the great Curt Phillips at QB. Im not sure but I think he had negative yards passing in that game. If not it was close to it. Yep, it was 2006, 44-0!

I looked back on the 2006 thread. It is must reading. Very few picked South and the biggest spread predicted for a South win was 7. Yep, 44-0, and DB's season was done.

Many of the familiar posters on here picked DB in a blowout of lowly William Blount that year. DB, ranked #1, a 10-0 record, playing at home, there was no doubt. Opps. 13-10 William Blount. But DB had won the game that mattered and still the only game that matters. South.

My favorite post from way back then is this:

#170 Owlbino

Trainer

Group:Members

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:56 PM

I will never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never pick DB to win in the first round again.

Failure.

That was 2 first round losses and 2 second round losses ago.

DB should win this one 54-0 and they will be done.

Told ya JHILTS. I miss one day on here and you're back to D-B playoff history again.It must really be tough not being able to carry on a football conversation about 2 teams playing each other because you can't beat em. Well if thats all you have, I guess I'll play along.I'm going on coachT record saying from this day on, even if D-B loses in the 1st round for the remainder of your life as you know it, you're never going to enjoy a win over the Indians, EVER Dang, you have to get up and go to bed every day of your life knowing you'll never get to see the one thing that could turn your whole life around.I feel sorry for you, just kidding with ya. another loss Friday, and another 3 qtr exit by you this yr and next and so on , and so on.

Told ya JHILTS. I miss one day on here and you're back to D-B playoff history again.It must really be tough not being able to carry on a football conversation about 2 teams playing each other because you can't beat em. Well if thats all you have, I guess I'll play along.I'm going on coachT record saying from this day on, even if D-B loses in the 1st round for the remainder of your life as you know it, you're never going to enjoy a win over the Indians, EVER Dang, you have to get up and go to bed every day of your life knowing you'll never get to see the one thing that could turn your whole life around.I feel sorry for you, just kidding with ya. another loss Friday, and another 3 qtr exit by you this yr and next and so on , and so on.

You don't want to hear from me about your playoff embarrasments? You have 2 choices:

1. Talk to the DB fan to whom I was replying.

2. Put me on ignore.

Otherwise, I will be on here to expand on the history lesson given us 2 or 3 times daily on events of 2006.

i've been to every south/db game since the first one in '81. love beating those rebels! i think the worst defeat in south history was 09 game. everybody thought south would win. this was the game to end the streak. db 1-4 and south 5-0 and number 1 in state, playing at south. db 42-28 with south stands emptying in third quarter. anybody disagree?

My favorite DB game of all time because of the talk that week.I told a South buddy that I was taking the weekend off so that I wouldn't rub the victory in when we won over all the odds.I can't remember how bad it got before the mop up,but I think we were up by four touchdowns when all the cars started leaving.I still have zero respect for a couple of DB fans that pizzed me off before the game,and one still slithers around.Thank goodness this is it for that piece of crap and I can enjoy the practices and games better next year.

Edited by BatmanDB

Unfortunately, Darren is correct in an earlier post. The Indians should be able to pick the score of this game. But, I expect a fight from our boys. It may in fact be 50-0, but we'll show up and see what happens. As for our fans insisting on bringing up the one and done stuff about D-B......why? It would be different if we had beaten them in the last century. You have no leg to stand on. If a team beats us, take it with sportsmanship and move on. Tip your hat to the better team. Don't go saying "well so and so beat you! nanner nanner nanner". Now, here's to a good, hard fought contest tom night with no injuries.

That one did take the air out of South. I think that game sent Carter packing. The South fans were calling on him to run the score up on DB all week before the contest. They actually thought the score was going to be something like 60-0.:) Do you know which game was my favorite? Well I'll tell you. It was 2006 when DB won 44-0. The talk was much the same except it started in mid July that year. They had the great Curt Phillips at QB. Im not sure but I think he had negative yards passing in that game. If not it was close to it. Yep, it was 2006, 44-0!

I saw were Wisconsin got the transfer from NC State? I believe. Where does that put Curt on the depth chart?

I saw were Wisconsin got the transfer from NC State? I believe. Where does that put Curt on the depth chart?

Just for further reference, I am not trying to start a lovefest or a trash talk about a player. I saw ESPN talking about a new QB in Wisconsin. I know Curt went there. Just looking for a simple answer. Not a Badger fan at all and hate the BIG TEN.