Mt. Pleasant at Wayne County

jusboro

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great game may be an understatement! The game ended with MTP on the one and a dive in the endzone and a reach for the win.... clock ends and refs say it was no good.

I meet many good wayne county fans tonight rooting for their team, but there are always "others" in the crowd for every team. #1 did not shake hands at the end of the game. This is a 17 year old student who cramped up and still tried to put the team on his back, and failed in the last second. This disappointment added with many racial slurs heard from those "other" fans hurts. At his age I more than likely would not have shaken hands either.

Wayne County has a great team, and even better coaching! I wish them luck the rest of the season.

couldn't tell from the angle of the video....Did he get in?

NO!! I wasnt going to this game til heard all the hype. Glad i went! The harlan kid is a very good football player shifty quik hard to get a hit on. i was for neither team just love good football and seen some last night. Unfortunately ,as is becoming the case much to often , some horrible officiating!!!!!! On the goalline in both occasions and he didnt get in either time honestly. Not taking anything away from the kid if he doesnt cramp i think mtp wins the ballgame few caught passes wud have helped alot too but think score was closer than would have been with good officials. Better watch out for mtp he gaining confidence each week and if the rest can follow his lead they are going to be hard to handle rest of this year not to mention next year. Still think wayne co is the better team this year! them boys can play

Well let me get in on the coversation on the WC fans saying the refs were screwing the game up. Ya'll right. They were and did. But not any of the sixty yards ya'll got penalized for had not one reflection on the outcome of this game. Those calls did not stop one td WC tried putting on the board.

Not one of those calls reflected against what WC could nor could't stop MP from doing when MP was on offense.

But one call, the final call, reflected against the out come of the game and it didn't hurt WC. But it flat out screwed MP and costed them a hard faught and well deserved win. Let me be clear to say that I am not saying WC didn't deserve it neither. WC faught just as hard. But I will say the officials screwed up in not calling that a TD for MP. Because it flat out was.

I was at the goal line at the fence with some friends and seen #1's arms reach past the goal line. His body didn't but the ball crossed and broke the plain.

Now with that said, go to that video posted on youtube and stop and start in slow motion starting at 19 seconds. You will see #67 for WC the MLB take only one step over the goal line before hitting #1 to stop him. #1 for MP goes up and over him reaching the ball over him into the endzone. Now look in the video to the right of the play you will see #4 for WC coming in the play with his right foot on the goal line. For depth perception, you can clearly see in the video #1's arms are a lot futher away from the camera's view point than #4 for WC is. Clearly a TD for MP that was never called right. The video backs up exactly what we seen.

Now as far as I know in HS ball it is the same as in pro. Only the ball has to break the plain. If so, then it was clearly a TD with MP deserving the win. If it is not as in the pro's, and forward progress is declared and marked where the upper torso of the body is stopped, then the Ref made the right call marking it down a few inches of the goal line clearly showed by the side judge in the video. Where he places his foot showing his call is where #1's forward progress was stopped, body wise,,,,,But half #1's arm's along with the ball's forward progress was over the goal line. Period.

So ya'll go ahead and keep saying the refs done some horrible officiating. Cause I agree with ya 100%.

It just costed MP the game, not WC. So I really don't understand why ya'll are complaining?

This game is what it was. A darn hard faught game by two very good teams with someone having to lose. It's just the wrong team lost not due to any thing they nor WC did, but definitely cause of the officials.

Any one see any thing different in that video, point it out. I want to see it.

Shep, puke factor was a 10 all the way home as it was in those 1-2 point losses a few years ago between MP and JB in the playoffs. I know you know what I mean.

Oh yea. With MP getting that TD at the end instead of not. Then I would have called this game right on the money in my pre-game prediction of saying MP in an upset winning by two points with #1 being the factor. So I'm peeved about that too.

Now with that said, go to that video posted on youtube and stop and start in slow motion starting at 19 seconds. Clearly a TD for MP that was never called right. The video backs up exactly what we seen.

Any one see any thing different in that video, point it out. I want to see it.

After further review, due to inconclusive evidence, the play stands as called.