Whitwell (1-1) vs. Marion (0-2)

powerp

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... sources are saying that the Warriors had 9 players quit yesterday. If this is true then things aren't sounding any better for them this year. If the ones who quit didn't have their heart in it and were bringing morale down, then it may not be that bad. Maybe some of you Warrior faithful can shed some light on this. Alot of disarray in the Warrior camp this year it seems. Hopefully they will get things ironed out and back on track soon. I'd like to see our whole county doing well. Having said that, it's sounding like the Tigers' odds are improving for tonights game. I hear the Warriors are going to wear their purple jerseys instead of white to the game. An attempt at intimidation? I'd watch this contest tonight if I wasn't gonna be cheering on the Pirates against LV. Gonna be interesting

I hate the fact that everyone is so concerned over the Warrior's troubles, because if the Tigers beat them tonight that will be the excuse. I think the Tigers are improved enough to take the win regardless but now when they do all i'm going to get to read about it how MC lost this one b/c of the woes the program is suffering. I hope the Tigers destroy MC tonight and get a little respect thrown their way for once.

I hate the fact that everyone is so concerned over the Warrior's troubles, because if the Tigers beat them tonight that will be the excuse. I think the Tigers are improved enough to take the win regardless but now when they do all i'm going to get to read about it how MC lost this one b/c of the woes the program is suffering. I hope the Tigers destroy MC tonight and get a little respect thrown their way for once.

No, if Whitwell wins, and I think they will, it will be Whitwell's 2011 best against MC's 2011 best. That said, I still feel bad for the kids, but they bullied the valley, were proud of it and now it's time for a little payback.

a win is a win is a win... :thumb:

I'm not saying that MCs troubles are going to cost them the game against Whitwell. I'm like Pegleg, I believe that this year's Tiger team can beat this year's MC team regardless of whatever drama is or isn't playing out down there. The Tigers are showing steps of improvement under Coach Barnhart. He's taken over a program that has been in a slump for several years and things won't change overnight so any signs of improvement are good. There's a mindset that has been ingrained in the school football programs in Whitwell that will take awhile to change. I'm glad to see them doing better.

I'm just at a lost for words for this game. I mean when was it the last time people got on here and saying Whitwell was the favorite. My how times have changed. I can't even give my pick on this game!!Anxious to hear the final score tonight!!IF MC does win it will do them wonders but if they lose,will the Exodus keep on? We have to remember Whitwell is still whitwell so they have alot to prove.. Hope it's a good game and the official's let them play and don't have an outcome in the final. Good luck to both teams..

Ok, let me clear some things up for you guys so you can move on to something else. Yes Marion is young but so are other teams and that is no excuse. The Grundy game is a game that Marion should have one. We did not block, catch the ball, hang onto the ball, nor did we tackle. Result was a loss. Bledsoe is a team that many are going to have a hard time with this year. Are they beatable, sure. It would have taken a near perfectly played game for Marion to do that. Now with Whitwell, I dont know what will happen. I think it is a game Marion should win but who knows how these 15 and 16 yr old kids are going to react to this game. As far as morale, only 1 player has quit and I dont think that had anything to do with football for the kid has had a rough year and I hope he finds his way back out there. As far as people leaving practice early, i have been to every practice with the exeption of one or two and no one had left early yet. The morale seems to be ok, no one likes to lose. I have ask my boy and he says the locker room is what you would expect, everyone just wanting to get a win. It is not one particular area such as to OL or DL that needs to improve, it is every position on the field. As far as the coaching situation, I have heard rumors and more than likely they were started on here by someone reading one of your post and then taking it to the water cooler. Troy knows he needs to win and i think he is making changes in the right direction for this team. I for one support this coaching staff and look forward to celebrating a win tonite. Go Warriors

Edited by volsbbfan

Ok, let me clear some things up for you guys so you can move on to something else. Yes Marion is young but so are other teams and that is no excuse. The Grundy game is a game that Marion should have one. We did not block, catch the ball, hang onto the ball, nor did we tackle. Result was a loss. Bledsoe is a team that many are going to have a hard time with this year. Are they beatable, sure. It would have taken a near perfectly played game for Marion to do that. Now with Whitwell, I dont know what will happen. I think it is a game Marion should win but who knows how these 15 and 16 yr old kids are going to react to this game. As far as morale, only 1 player has quit and I dont think that had anything to do with football for the kid has had a rough year and I hope he finds his way back out there. As far as people leaving practice early, i have been to every practice with the exeption of one or two and no one had left early yet. The morale seems to be ok, no one likes to lose. I have ask my boy and he says the locker room is what you would expect, everyone just wanting to get a win. It is not one particular area such as to OL or DL that needs to improve, it is every position on the field. As far as the coaching situation, I have heard rumors and more than likely they were started on here by someone reading one of your post and then taking it to the water cooler. Troy knows he needs to win and i think he is making changes in the right direction for this team. I for one support this coaching staff and look forward to celebrating a win tonite. Go Warriors

You're right about how sometimes rumors start without any facts to back things up. As far as the issue with 9 quitting, I don't personally know if it happened, which is why I asked for any comment. I got my info from sources that work in the school system. I think Coach Boeck is doing the best he can with the kids he has. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the info. I guess one of your alum that I work with and is very close to the program was just shooting hot air..