where does Raquis Hale fit in the list of all time running backs at S.P.

RoyDJ

After all the things that Raquis Hale has done over his years playing for the pirates, it is now time for him to have a spot on the all time best running backs to come through the burg. After rushing for more than a thousand yards in the playoffs alone, and topping the single season rushing record in one less game then the previous record holder he deserves to get some discussion in this topic. People think I'm kidding but I'm serious.

This will be a good debate. I have talked to people about this, and usually they will not give him what he earned. Even though he had the numbers people will have their reasons of why he is not the best. I guess I am guilty myself. He did break some records. He is right outside of the top 5 for me. In my generation...Eddie was the best. Sam was 2nd. David 3rd. Robert 4th. Cody W. 5th. I know people will disagree with me so I am ready for it. The reason I put David in front of Robert is because of his work ethic, and how he ran. Robert would just over power you. David was fun to watch. Before someone tries to go crazy on me for putting David before Robert saying Robert had more yards make sure you include how many carries each player got. If David had more than Robert then I might change my mind. I know Cody only played one year. Go look at the stats. He came in during the middle of the season, and still put up over a 1000 yards. Im telling you right now if he would have stayed in school not only would he have been the best to ever play at SP he would have been playing for any college he wanted to play for and he would be in the NFL right now as we are posting this. Let the debate begin. :roflol:

Edited by NoCompetition2

Eddie Moore is the best running back to EVER wear the orange and black. PERIOD!

Eddie Moore

Jimmy Wigfall

Bo Haden

Sam Pickett

Raquis Hale

OTHERS

Carl Lehr

Johnny Sisco

Corey Tipton

Cody Walker

Robert Robinson

David Jones

Just too many to mention, much less rank them. They were ALL good.

I have heard a lot about Jimmy Wigfall. For him & Bo Haden to be in front of Sam on anyones list they earn my respect.

Hey youngun, you are right about Cody Walker and how good he was. I dont know if he would have been in the NFL, but he was by far the best freshmen that EVER strapped up for the orange and black. It is ashame he didn't take advantage of his God given talents and abilities. What a waste of talent he turned out to be. I would have to put Raquis in the top 5, but can't put him ahead of a couple of guys.

Hey nocompetition, email me at theambassador@ymail.com and let's talk since you don't have a plus membership.

Edited by TheAmbassador

I couldn't agree with you more about the number one there ambassador but from there you lost me.

2. Sam Pickett

3. Corey Tipton

4. RAQUIS HALE

and honorable mentions are just about the same. The thing about Raquis is that he did it was an average line. Pickett, Eddie, and Robert Robinson were on some of the best teams South Pittsburg has ever had and will have for a while from what I've seen. I mean there wasn't a single guy on that 07 team's line that benched under 300 pounds. Thats the kinda weight program my idol wants to come back. Raquis just had that ability to cut and see the field so well that is was just incredible to watch. If you think about it, he never really had any fancy jukes or nasty ankle breakers, but he could still make people look dumb. People think I'm kidding but I'm serious.

Hey youngun, you are right about Cody Walker and how good he was. I dont know if he would have been in the NFL, but he was by far the best freshmen that EVER strapped up for the orange and black. It is ashame he didn't take advantage of his God given talents and abilities. What a waste of talent he turned out to be. I would have to put Raquis in the top 5, but can't put him ahead of a couple of guys.

This is just our opinions. I grew up playing with Cody. It was very disappointing for me to not see him back after his freshmen year. He just couldnt cut it in school. Its a sad story. People think we got a little dynasty going now. Oh what could have been. I watched David & Robert every game in the 2007 season, and I didnt watch Raquis as closely last year. The State Championship performance he had though was legendary. It should rank right up there with Sam's great game in Nashville. If South Pittsburg High School put a top 5 list somewhere in the school then no question he would be on there. Numbers dont lie.

Edited by NoCompetition2
  • Upvote 1

You have to look at what they did in the playoffs.Because most only played to half time,because of blow outs.They may have only play in 3 hole games all year.

Well you are right but you could say the same thing about Hale in a lot of situations... There where a lot of times he didn't see passed halftime either. people think I'm kidding but I'm serious

This will be a good debate. I have talked to people about this, and usually they will not give him what he earned. Even though he had the numbers people will have their reasons of why he is not the best. I guess I am guilty myself. He did break some records. He is right outside of the top 5 for me. In my generation...Eddie was the best. Sam was 2nd. David 3rd. Robert 4th. Cody W. 5th. I know people will disagree with me so I am ready for it. The reason I put David in front of Robert is because of his work ethic, and how he ran. Robert would just over power you. David was fun to watch. Before someone tries to go crazy on me for putting David before Robert saying Robert had more yards make sure you include how many carries each player got. If David had more than Robert then I might change my mind. I know Cody only played one year. Go look at the stats. He came in during the middle of the season, and still put up over a 1000 yards. Im telling you right now if he would have stayed in school not only would he have been the best to ever play at SP he would have been playing for any college he wanted to play for and he would be in the NFL right now as we are posting this. Let the debate begin. :roflol:

I watched Cody Walker one game when he was a freahman,that boy was GOOD.