2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

• 2 weeks later...

Oakdale,Wartburg,Coalfield,Oz,Oneida,Sunbright,Jellico. I don't think Oakdale can be touched,Wartburg is always there in the end,Coalfield and Oz get the 3 and 4 spot just because everybody else is down, Oneida lost alot of scoring from last years team and I don't see them having anyone step up and fill Bond's shoes. The last 2 was just a guess.

Oakdale,Wartburg,Coalfield,Oz,Oneida,Sunbright,Jellico. I don't think Oakdale can be touched,Wartburg is always there in the end,Coalfield and Oz get the 3 and 4 spot just because everybody else is down, Oneida lost alot of scoring from last years team and I don't see them having anyone step up and fill Bond's shoes. The last 2 was just a guess.

I agree with coalfield and oz, and also with oneida, sunbright has a new coach and is gonna do a great job but will take time to build the program.Jellico will probably be in the same boat as last few yrs. As far as Oakdale being "untouched" i have to disagree, they lost couple of decent guards, but I don't think they will have the same team chemistry, they have good inside play and descent point guard, but they seem to wear down as the season goes on, they wont make it to the region game this season. Both Wartburg and OZ got great freshman classes. OZ got solid post player, and 2 twin guards who are samll but tough, and Wartburg, got 8 freshman who came from a very good program the last 2 yrs and know how to win, and more importantly what it takes to win.Wartburg will be very hard to match up with, they didnt even have one of the better players in the area for most of the summer, and had 2 freshman play alot inside for them, they looked very impressive during camp. They will only get better and will be a force to fear for years to come. As with most of these teams, they often depend on young players being able to help them, Wartburg has got a good middle school program and will continue to do so, as long as they keep having kids who strive to get better and win, OZ has also had a good program but will drop somewhat off the map, in the talent area atleast for a couple of yrs. They do have a new coach who knows the game but will take time to develop the program. I look for Wartburg girls to really take a hold of district 4a this yr and hold the power for next few yrs. They have a good program established from 6th grade to 12th grade with coaches who work together and understand that being a good program starts in 6th grade and will help make the programs a success from middle school -high school. I just don't see any of the other schools doing this. But I look for alot of good exciting ball this year from this district.

I agree with coalfield and oz, and also with oneida, sunbright has a new coach and is gonna do a great job but will take time to build the program.Jellico will probably be in the same boat as last few yrs. As far as Oakdale being "untouched" i have to disagree, they lost couple of decent guards, but I don't think they will have the same team chemistry, they have good inside play and descent point guard, but they seem to wear down as the season goes on, they wont make it to the region game this season. Both Wartburg and OZ got great freshman classes. OZ got solid post player, and 2 twin guards who are samll but tough, and Wartburg, got 8 freshman who came from a very good program the last 2 yrs and know how to win, and more importantly what it takes to win.Wartburg will be very hard to match up with, they didnt even have one of the better players in the area for most of the summer, and had 2 freshman play alot inside for them, they looked very impressive during camp. They will only get better and will be a force to fear for years to come. As with most of these teams, they often depend on young players being able to help them, Wartburg has got a good middle school program and will continue to do so, as long as they keep having kids who strive to get better and win, OZ has also had a good program but will drop somewhat off the map, in the talent area atleast for a couple of yrs. They do have a new coach who knows the game but will take time to develop the program. I look for Wartburg girls to really take a hold of district 4a this yr and hold the power for next few yrs. They have a good program established from 6th grade to 12th grade with coaches who work together and understand that being a good program starts in 6th grade and will help make the programs a success from middle school -high school. I just don't see any of the other schools doing this. But I look for alot of good exciting ball this year from this district.

I agree very well put, Wartburg seems to have a leg up they have good young coaches who want and know if they work hard from the middle school- high school they have a chance to achieve some greatness and hold onto it. I am familiar with the rest of the coaches in the area and in the surrounding areas of middle Tn, I know the coach at wartburg middle coaches ball non stop and loves it. I think the girls high school coach at wartburg really understands the game and how to win, as long as they keep getting girls interested and wanting to get better they will get to the top of the district and stay on top, I would compare them to clarkrange in that aspect bc they seem to have middle school - high school coaches who know what they have to do 2 have a good program. Maybe a new era of dominance in the district and region is building. I look forward to being able to watch both of the programs this yr.

I guess untouched was a poor choice of words, I didn't mean that they wouldn't lose a district game. I just believe that they will be the #1 seed in the Tourney. Now come Tourney time, if it is played at Wartburg you have to give Wartburg the edge. Oneida does have one Freshman if she is given the chance to play early in the season and get some experience she could help Oneida climb a few spots come late season.

To compare anyone in district 4A to clarkrange is absurd! Wartburg, Coalfield, O.S., and Oakdale have all had some kind of success over the past few years, but Clarkrange is in it's own league! Fact is their district is one of the toughest girls basketball districts in the southeast! Yes, the southeast meaning the country not the state! So, curb your enthusiasm just a little. On to this season. I don't see a clear pre-season #1. Wartburg has 2 of 4 seniors coming back off serious injuries on a team that is mostly made up of Fr. and So. I am not sure that is a winning formula. Granted the things that involve coaching will be handled well down your way, but things out of Coach D's control could keep this team as a 2nd round of the region and done type team this year. If they were 100% healthy I'd say they would be Region #1, but not right now.

Oneida will surprise some this year! Bet on it! Saw O.S. this summer looks like they are a one woman show but this district is anything but easy to predict!

Rufus think Cheesy has decided that he is basketball expert on coaching. Funny this is cheese dude's first post! Looks like a fishing expedition and head hunt at the same time. Rufus don't agree with witch hunters taking potshots at coaches. I heard the Oneida coach played in a National College Basketball Tournament and helped win it. Wasn't she the assistant on the only Oneida girls team that won the State Tournament? Boy, she must be a real dingbat. The assistant coach used to be a head coach at this level and they reached the State Tournament two of the three years he was the coach. And Cheese Dude thinks it is the coaching....? :roflol: Rufus thinks when you send out your first post ever, it would come across better if your comments didn't look so slanted.

I would think Oakdale is frontrunner.....then Wartburg. Everybody else has a lot of bullets to replace. (Coalfield's Jordan, Oneida's Bond, OS's point guard) I wouldn't think any of the girls teams are unbeatable....and I include Oakdale in that. These are Rufus thoughts.

To compare anyone in district 4A to clarkrange is absurd! Wartburg, Coalfield, O.S., and Oakdale have all had some kind of success over the past few years, but Clarkrange is in it's own league! Fact is their district is one of the toughest girls basketball districts in the southeast! Yes, the southeast meaning the country not the state! So, curb your enthusiasm just a little. On to this season. I don't see a clear pre-season #1. Wartburg has 2 of 4 seniors coming back off serious injuries on a team that is mostly made up of Fr. and So. I am not sure that is a winning formula. Granted the things that involve coaching will be handled well down your way, but things out of Coach D's control could keep this team as a 2nd round of the region and done type team this year. If they were 100% healthy I'd say they would be Region #1, but not right now.

Oneida will surprise some this year! Bet on it! Saw O.S. this summer looks like they are a one woman show but this district is anything but easy to predict!

First, it seems Wartburg is coming back strong, but so is Oakdale and OS...(Obviously some disagreeing on this one.) Their point guard from last year, while obviously a great player, was out for most of the season and whoever filled in, as I remember...did fairly well.

Anyway, Who is the one woman show for OS?

I'm not sure you can count any of the teams out this year...it's going to be one bumpy ride.

Rufus think Cheesy has decided that he is basketball expert on coaching. Funny this is cheese dude's first post! Looks like a fishing expedition and head hunt at the same time. Rufus don't agree with witch hunters taking potshots at coaches. I heard the Oneida coach played in a National College Basketball Tournament and helped win it. Wasn't she the assistant on the only Oneida girls team that won the State Tournament? Boy, she must be a real dingbat. The assistant coach used to be a head coach at this level and they reached the State Tournament two of the three years he was the coach. And Cheese Dude thinks it is the coaching....? :roflol: Rufus thinks when you send out your first post ever, it would come across better if your comments didn't look so slanted.

I would think Oakdale is frontrunner.....then Wartburg. Everybody else has a lot of bullets to replace. (Coalfield's Jordan, Oneida's Bond, OS's point guard) I wouldn't think any of the girls teams are unbeatable....and I include Oakdale in that. These are Rufus thoughts.

What school was the assistant coach at as head coach that made it to state tournmanet? Don't recall that. Who will they now hire as coach since the coach resigned? This will be the 4th coach in 4 years.

The asst coach took Oneida to the State Tournament

The assistant the past year has been Phil Newport. I don't remember him as head coach and I don't remember him taking them to the State Tournament. I thought he has only been junior high coach in the past. Who knows, I may be wrong. I still would like to know who the candidates are to fill this position.

The assistant the past year has been Phil Newport. I don't remember him as head coach and I don't remember him taking them to the State Tournament. I thought he has only been junior high coach in the past. Who knows, I may be wrong. I still would like to know who the candidates are to fill this position.

I have checked on it and Phil took them to the state something like 3 times. Won the region a couple times also, he has been in Middle school for the past few years. He was the coach up that way before Marv