Signal Mountain @ Blackman

smeagleproud

This is the only game SM coaches had marked on their schedule.As a test for their team.If SM O line can handle Blackmans bigger D line.This could be a very good game.SM O line will give up some size to Blackman, but Signal Mountains O line are very well coached.

Edited by lancer10

I am an unbiased bystander on this one, but Signal Mountain has never seen the likes of a team like Blackman. As for last week's loss against Siegel, I look it as the Stars stepping up with the big boys in 7aaa rather than Blackman falling away. Siegel has been awful close the last year or two, and they finally squeaked in this time. I assure you Mathers is as good as advertised, and Signal Mountain's offense will not look as good as folks down there are used to. Furthermore, I still think Shadowens is one of the best coaches in the state in any classification. Blackman wins this one by as much as they want.

I am an unbiased bystander on this one, but Signal Mountain has never seen the likes of a team like Blackman. As for last week's loss against Siegel, I look it as the Stars stepping up with the big boys in 7aaa rather than Blackman falling away. Siegel has been awful close the last year or two, and they finally squeaked in this time. I assure you Mathers is as good as advertised, and Signal Mountain's offense will not look as good as folks down there are used to. Furthermore, I still think Shadowens is one of the best coaches in the state in any classification. Blackman wins this one by as much as they want.

You may be correct, but I don't think so; and, I'm not discounting or underestimating the quality of football played in District 7AAA. This Signal team is much better than last year's team. We are fortunate enough this year to have talent at every position on both sides of the ball. I would venture to say that most of our starters could start or at least compete for a starting position on any team in the state.

Guess we'll all find out if Signal is for real and can play with the big boys. Shadowens is no doubt one of the best. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about our guys after the game. :thumb:

Edited by MountainTroll

You may be correct, but I don't think so; and, I'm not discounting or underestimating the quality of football played in District 7AAA. This Signal team is much better than last year's team. We are fortunate enough this year to have talent at every position on both sides of the ball. I would venture to say that most of our starters could start or at least compete for a starting position on any team in the state.

Guess we'll all find out if Signal is for real and can play with the big boys. Shadowens is no doubt one of the best. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about our guys after the game. :thumb:

I think the best 4A teams can at least compete with some of the best 6A teams. They may not win, but they can at least make it an interesting game in most cases. However, you will never convince the “big boys†of that. The top 4A teams are pretty dang good but never get any credit because of the weak division as a whole.

Since this game has no influence on the 4A championship, I will be pulling for SM in this game. If you guys can pull off the upset, then that will just make 4A look better.

I think the best 4A teams can at least compete with some of the best 6A teams. They may not win, but they can at least make it an interesting game in most cases. However, you will never convince the “big boys†of that. The top 4A teams are pretty dang good but never get any credit because of the weak division as a whole.

Since this game has no influence on the 4A championship, I will be pulling for SM in this game. If you guys can pull off the upset, then that will just make 4A look better.

Appreciate the shout out. I'll be pullin' for the GreeneDebils 'til the Friday after Thanksgiving. Yall better not get filled up on cupcakes the next two weeks.:roflol:

Don't want to get fat before the Alcoa game.:mrgreen:

Appreciate the shout out. I'll be pullin' for the GreeneDebils 'til the Friday after Thanksgiving. Yall better not get filled up on cupcakes the next two weeks.:roflol:

Don't want to get fat before the Alcoa game.:mrgreen:

I know nothing about 6A Franklin County, but I'm just happy that Greeneville is finally healthy from what I’ve heard. I’m anxious to see how the Greene Devils look this Friday after the loss to a really good Morristown West team and getting a week to make some adjustments, plus getting the starters back from injury. I think it will be a completely different Greeneville team.

Alcoa looked really good against Maryville, so Greeneville will have their hands full in that game for sure (but we knew that when the game was scheduled).

I know nothing about 6A Franklin County, but I'm just happy that Greeneville is finally healthy from what I’ve heard. I’m anxious to see how the Greene Devils look this Friday after the loss to a really good Morristown West team and getting a week to make some adjustments, plus getting the starters back from injury. I think it will be a completely different Greeneville team.

Alcoa looked really good against Maryville, so Greeneville will have their hands full in that game for sure (but we knew that when the game was scheduled).

Long way for yall to drive for cupcakes.:mrgreen:

Shucks, we might pass you guys on the I-75 south of the Boro.

Bon Apetite.:hungry:

imagesCAO9Y5ZJ.jpg

Edited by MountainTroll