Signal Mountain @ Blackman

smeagleproud

Appreciate the shout out. I'll be pullin' for the GreeneDebils 'til the Friday after Thanksgiving. Yall better not get filled up on cupcakes the next two weeks.:roflol:

Don't want to get fat before the Alcoa game.:mrgreen:

should GreenEville - SM meet it will be in week 3-4 of playoffs not for the Gold ball..just sayin

IF Signal beats Blackman then they are just that good. My cousin from the Middle Tn area was telling me about this Mathers kid at running back for Blackman and said he was the real deal and could go to any college he wants. Big time college that is.

I do beleive he has commited to Ole Miss. had offers from UT, Bama, Miss St. to name a few. Quick elusive. You look up in the forth qtr and he has 225 yards and three tds. Then you ask yourself what happened. He doesnt showboat. Just puts his head down and runs. He is the type of young man that doesn't celebrate much after a td. Just hands the ball back to the ref and gets ready to do it again.

I do beleive he has commited to Ole Miss. had offers from UT, Bama, Miss St. to name a few. Quick elusive. You look up in the forth qtr and he has 225 yards and three tds. Then you ask yourself what happened. He doesnt showboat. Just puts his head down and runs. He is the type of young man that doesn't celebrate much after a td. Just hands the ball back to the ref and gets ready to do it again.

Little brother's pretty good, too.:thumb:

And...looks like Tyler is starting to get some confidence. Or should I say the coaches are getting some confidence in him.:mrgreen:

I live in Rutherford Co. and attend Blackman games. Right now, they do not look to be as good as they were last year (there only losses last year were two losses to runner-up Smyrna). Mathers is a very explosive rb, but will fumble from time to time. Teams are stacking the box and trying to get Blackman to pass. Mathers is still averaging over 200 per game, I think. But it is the defense that is really the concern against Signal Mountain. I look for this to be a high scoring game.

You can add Notre Dame, South Carolina and Auburn to that list too. That still doesn't name them all. I attend the games and you're right, milo, he is a class act. A friend of mine teaches at Blackman and says he is also a great student and is a down to earth kid. He is fun to watch. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for this one but wish Blackman the best. I don't doubt Signal has a good team on the 4A level but they will be out-matched Friday night.

Your score could never happen because you can't hold the Eagles to just 17 points. We have to many Offensive Weapons with playmakers at every skill position. If you can't score more than 35 you probably can't win because the Eagles average 40 or more per game. The Eagles defense is strong and has quality depth not just bodys to run on the field for a play or two and take up space. I think we've got something for I'Tavious and his little brother too. The folks in the Boro may be suprised come Saturday morning.

GO EAGLES!!

I love it when people make statements like this b/c then you play up in competition and get shut out or come close. Mathers will run wild and have a huge game, and the Blaze win big, dont fool urselves SM, you are NOT on that level right now.....

Edited by Kevin38