Crockett County @ Obion County

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC wins 48-18..

LaDevin Fair had 150 yards rushing...Trey Phipps had 300+ passing...Offense had over 500 total yards...This ties the overall series at 7 all...

CC had a good first half and had cut the Rebel lead to 20-18 with a little over 2 minutes left in the first half...Problem was they left too much time on the clock as OC answered with about 30 seconds remaining to make it 27-18...

The Rebel D made the needed adjustments as they shut the Cavaliers out in the second half..OC started to empty the bench as the fourth quarter started...

Gibson County is next...

Final score OC 48 Crockett 18

CC has a good ground game with some very good backs. If they can develop a passing attack to compliment it, they will be hard to handle. They didn't look bad at all for a transition year. The Rebel defense made some adjustments at the half and contained CC in the 2nd half. Good luck from here on Cavs.

The Rebels had more penalties tonight than any other. An I believe most were deserved. That part of the game must improve. Phipps threw his 1st interception tonight and I don't know who it was supposed to go to. Regardless, Trey has drastically improved his game from last year and gets more confident each week. The Rebels running game was excellent. OC had over 500 yards total offense andboth teams put in their subs within the 1st minute of the 4th quarter. Good win for the Rebels.

Time to prep for Gibson County. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final score OC 48 Crockett 18

CC has a good ground game with some very good backs. If they can develop a passing attack to compliment it, they will be hard to handle. They didn't look bad at all for a transition year. The Rebel defense made some adjustments at the half and contained CC in the 2nd half. Good luck from here on Cavs.

The Rebels had more penalties tonight than any other. An I believe most were deserved. That part of the game must improve. Phipps threw his 1st interception tonight and I don't know who it was supposed to go to. Regardless, Trey has drastically improved his game from last year and gets more confident each week. The Rebels running game was excellent. OC had over 500 yards total offense andboth teams put in their subs within the 1st minute of the 4th quarter. Good win for the Rebels.

Time to prep for Gibson County. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have been getting called for penalties 20-30 yards away from plays for years...You can almost predict them...Craziest thing I've ever seen...

Great first half in Troy but the Rebels offense was way to much for Crocket County...at last check...O C 42.. C C 18. It was 18 to 27 at half time and the rebels scored with under 30 seconds before the half . Crocket county moved the ball at will on obion but on the same token...O C big play makers has done it again in Fair and parr. Great going rebels and time to key in on game #5.

And Phipps, Cary, and McGrew... :thumb:

When was the last time Obion County beat Crockett County? Where? Score?

I went back to the High School Database linked off this website and it showed 1996 with OC winning 28-18...I had posted that the series was now tied 7-7 but going by their website this win broke a string of 8 straight wins by CC...I found 13 games between the two teams dating back to 1991...

Upon further review, CC still leads the series 8-7...OC won the first 6 match-ups...The series started in 1983 with OC winning 27-8..OC followed with wins in 1984,91,92,95 and 96 before winning last night...CC won in 97,98,05,06,07,08,09 and 10...

OC's biggest margin of victory was in 1984 when they won 34-0...CC's largest margin of victory was in 2007 when they beat a winless Rebel bunch 55-0...The most points OC has scored in the series was last night (48)..CC scored 63 on another winless OC team in 2008...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Great first half in Troy but the Rebels offense was way to much for Crocket County...at last check...O C 42.. C C 18. It was 18 to 27 at half time and the rebels scored with under 30 seconds before the half . Crocket county moved the ball at will on obion but on the same token...O C big play makers has done it again in Fair and parr. Great going rebels and time to key in on game #5.

In the first half, yes...The biggest problem I saw was that OC didn't wrap up...It looked as though they had players at the point of contact but didn't finish the play...Some of the plays to the outside were pretty easy it looked like...OC lost contain...The second half was a different story totally...They made adjustments in the locker room...They swarmed the football and wrapped up...The defense allowed somewhere in the neighborhood of 220 yards total to the Cav offense...I'd say 180 of that came in the first half...OC's defense looked a little tired near the end of the second quarter but you can almost blame the Rebel offense on that...The offense scored so easily and quickly they didn't give the defense time to rest....The only time the Rebs didn't score in the first half was when Phipps threw his first INT...He got rushed on the play and instead of throwing the ball out of bounds he threw into the middle of the field for an easy pick...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Go powder your nose and relax, if you start crying over a little smack talk then you should

stay off of coach T. Kinda like Looser Leaves Town Match!!!!

I've never heard of a "looser" leave town match. Second, I've been a part of CoachT since before you even knew what it was so I don't think I'll go anywhere. None of my comments were directed at you so I'm not sure why you're even replying to my post.