Crockett County @ Obion County

I said this last week on the Westview/OC thread, OC should go 10-0 this year with what they have remaining on the schedule. The typical "powerhouses" on their schedule aren't powerhouses this year. That's not OC's fault, but they should definately go 10-0. Crockett, Gibson, Montgomery Central (who?), South Gibson, Covington, Haywood and Dyersburg is the rest of their schedule. swing, I went and watched OC dominate Westview. If you were there like you say you were going to attend, you'd know that OC is for real this year. They should go far in the 4A playoffs.

yep possibly only 2 teams on OC schedule with a winning record by year end..Covington and South Gibson..doent bode well come playoff time tho ..??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tough schedule theory can go both ways...You can play such a tough schedule that you are beat up so bad you lose to a team, possibly in the first round of the playoffs.Then again you might play such an easy schedule that when you do play someone tough in the playoffs it shocks you...The key either way is to steer clear of injuries...OC is just 3-0 though so talking 10-0 is a bit premature...

Crockett County is going to be a test...The Rebs better be ready for them...

Obion County is 3-0, OK, but you haven't played anyone with a winning record, Union City 1-2

Ripley 1-2, Westview 1-2. Your playing Crockett County next and lets see, whats there record,

oh, wait, they're 1-2 also. All of a sudden Obion County's a powerhouse. Thats funny

Milan's schedule is far from daunting this season...

I agree. Who will be your toughest game other than in the playoffs? 2A Humboldt? 1A Huntingdon?

Milan is not my team...Right now I would say Covington and Westview....Same for Obion Central...Union City , on the other hand, has already played 2 ranked teams (OC and Wayne County) and is playing one Friday night (Huntingdon)..Two more (Humboldt and Dresden) on the schedule and possibly a third (Lake County) by the time UC gets to them...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Some individual numbers to chew on..

Trey Phipps is 37 for 53 for 606 yards (70%)...No interceptions....7 passing TDs...1 Rushing TD...

(16 ypr) (202 ypg)

LaDevin Fair has rushed 35 times for 375 yards (125 ypg)(11 ypc)...6 Rushing TDs...

Fair has caught 4 passes for 78 yards and 1 TD....

Marcus Parr has caught 11 passes for 195 yards (18 ypc)(65 ypg)for 3 TDs...He has returned a fumble 96 yards for a TD..

Mason McGrew has caught 14 passes for 259 yards (18 1/2 ypc) (86 ypg)for 3 TDs...He has kicked 2 FGs and 11 PATs...

The only thing I can see that could be better for the OC offense is that Phipps is not spreading the ball around more..

Last season he had 5 receivers with over 20 catches...Seems like he needs to get Tanner Cary more involved...But that's nit-picking really....

Milan is not my team...Right now I would say Covington and Westview....Same for Obion Central...Union City , on the other hand, has already played 2 ranked teams (OC and Wayne County) and is playing one Friday night (Huntingdon)..Two more (Humboldt and Dresden) on the schedule and possibly a third (Lake County) by the time UC gets to them...

Union City, give me a break, you lost by a combined 81-20 pts the first two games and your only win was

against Halls, who only scored 12 pts on Gibson County and beat Tipton-Rosemark. You could search the

ends of the earth and not find a team any worse than Tipton-Rosemark, I think their QB has only one leg.

Who needs the 1st Street Comedy Club, just read Purple & Gold Standard's replys. Stop, my sides are killing

me!!!!!!!!

Union City, give me a break, you lost by a combined 81-20 pts the first two games and your only win was

against Halls, who only scored 12 pts on Gibson County and beat Tipton-Rosemark. You could search the

ends of the earth and not find a team any worse than Tipton-Rosemark, I think their QB has only one leg.

Who needs the 1st Street Comedy Club, just read Purple & Gold Standard's replys. Stop, my sides are killing

me!!!!!!!!

swing..You made a post about Obion Central's easy schedule...I replied that Milan's wasn't that daunting...riverrat asked about who would be the toughest test in the playoffs...I replied that UC has already played a tough schedule, which is fact...I never said UC would make the playoffs...The team UC beat ??..Halls..??...Very obvious that they had played NOBODY....I never said Halls was any sort of marque win...Instead of making trips to the comedy club you might want to take a course in reading comprehension... :thumb:

One of the greatest posters here on Coacht is Purple & Gold. He can back up all his talk. He is fair on every post 99.9% of the time. What he says always makes since and is truth. as for this game, if the Rebels do not come in with the right mind set, they will see the Crocket County leave troy with a win. Coach Ward has been in the big games, coach Jackson has not so to speak, Crocket County has been in the big games, Obion Central...has and has not. Before you speak, the big games as in winning the big games like in the playoffs and this will be a playoff atmosphere down in Troy. They Rebels defense has not faced a team yet this season that can match their own offense so to speak. What I said is, in all three of the Rebels wins, their offense basically won the game, not their defense. Even though the Rebels won the game against Westview, Cody said the Rebels defense is their weakest point with very skilled kids in key places on offense. Cody was also asked to weigh out how good this Rebel team is and his answer, was about their defense and the 2003 team was a little better on both sides of the ball and balanced. Defense wins games, offense wins storys for the papers. Westview had over 250 yards total offense with 17 points scored. This is a 3A vs. a 4A team And Westview is having a down year. This is what Cody was pointing out to other teams facing the Rebels this year. Crocket County will bring in the most so far with offense and defense. It does appear the Rebels district is down this year with them being one of the upper teams. Outside the district and looking down the road at playoff potential teams, some are loaded and proven. Should be a very good game and one the Rebels will need to circle on their schedule win or loose. This game can either propell them on with a win or they take a step backwards with a loss. It is great to see the pride from the Rebel fan base for sure but understand, any given Friday night reality can be dished out. If not, each team would give the Rebels or whoever a "W". Good Luck Rebels, make it 4 in a roll.

Edited by UCGRAD

Obion County is 3-0, OK, but you haven't played anyone with a winning record, Union City 1-2

Ripley 1-2, Westview 1-2. Your playing Crockett County next and lets see, whats there record,

oh, wait, they're 1-2 also. All of a sudden Obion County's a powerhouse. Thats funny

If you are implying that OC is simply a beneficiary of a "cupcake" schedule then you a ) haven't watched OC play this year or b ) have watched them play and don't know a talented team when you see one. I will admit that other teams in their conference are in a "down" year compared to others, but OC is extremely talented in it's own right. They have beat every single team handedly and it could have been worse had they not had their starters out by the 4th quarter. They beat a very solid Westview team 33-17 and could've been worse had Westview not been able to grind away much of the clock with their "pound the rock" offense and not scored a last minute TD. Nobody on here is calling OC a powerhouse after a 3-0 start to a single season, but to even hint that they are benefiting from an easy schedule is ridiculous.

Edited by Maxoutlh