Ooltewah at Siegel

HornedOwl

Rutherford County football is what happened Rutherford County is just heads and shoulders above hamilton county when it comes to football. And I am saying this as someone who grew up in Chattanooga and now lives in Murfreesboro

Its not that Rutherford County schools are so much better, its that you're so much bigger. The largest school in Hamilton County is Soddy Daisy. The student size of Soddy Daisy is just under 1600. Now go and compare that with the Rutherford school system. I know when we got killed last year by Riverdale in the playoffs that Riverdale's enrollment was around 2400. Its all about the numbers! The difference in enrollment alone is 4 classifications in TSSAA football. Unless you play each other all you ever do is play down.

Blackman enrollment

Edited by foozballman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that Rutherford County schools are so much better, its that you're so much bigger. The largest school in Hamilton County is Soddy Daisy. The student size of Soddy Daisy is just under 1600. Now go and compare that with the Rutherford school system. I know when we got killed last year by Riverdale in the playoffs that Riverdale's enrollment was around 2400. Its all about the numbers! The difference in enrollment alone is 4 classifications in TSSAA football. Unless you play each other all you ever do is play down.

Blackman enrollment

If the area is large enough anyone team can pull players in, just like red bank a few years back when riggs played, hamilton county had open enrollment or magnet schools not sure which but I think at least 6 played at different schools 2 yrs prior to going to red bank, and all started. Alcoa and maryville go back and forth pulling kids from surrounding counties, not recruiting but parents wanting thier kids to play for the best program available.

If there were no injuries than this was probably a good lesson for the Owls. They now know some of their weaknesses that had not been exposed during the first three games. It was good to see the number of penalties down to two. I think Beadley is a good QB but does tend to telegraph, now he will film to study so that he can get better.

Lick your wounds today boys, tomorrow start preparing for next week

Go Owls

Siegel = Real Deal. Who cares what the defense does when you outscore the other team by so much. The 4-0 start is very impressive. Congrats on the dominating win. Hardin is a beast and the good news for the Stars, and bad for the rest of 7AAA, is that there are two more just like him by the last name Knox that will cause chaos next year.

Edited by milo118

Owls better hope area teams do not get game film from this ....or owls are in for it.

Owls missed MLB,which didn't play.

Owls forgot how to tackle,Creech had an awesome game receiving,TJ warren didn't have the best game on offense,but he did all he could do on special teams and Defense.Punt returner #5 is very unpredictable(he's dangerous),but scary at the same time.Back to tackling,all this arm-tackling and diving for feet,isn't going to get it.

Offensive line is doing better this year,but some have forgotten all Coach williams has taught them about staying with YOUR blocks!!!They are doing a good job overall,but seems the players thoughts were not on this game.

1-game does not define a season,unless its your last,season is young.

I'll say this one last thing:STATS DON'T MEAN A THING UNLESS YOUR TEAM WINS!!!

Edited by VOID70

Owls better hope area teams do not get game film from this ....or owls are in for it.

Owls missed MLB,which didn't play.

Owls forgot how to tackle,Creech had an awesome game receiving,TJ warren didn't have the best game on offense,but he did all he could do on special teams and Defense.Punt returner #5 is very unpredictable(he's dangerous),but scary at the same time.Back to tackling,all this arm-tackling and diving for feet,isn't going to get it.

Offensive line is doing better this year,but some have forgotten all Coach williams has taught them about staying with YOUR blocks!!!They are doing a good job overall,but seems the players thoughts were not on this game.

1-game does not define a season,unless its your last,season is young.

I'll say this one last thing:STATS DON'T MEAN A THING UNLESS YOUR TEAM WINS!!!

All the problems seem like things that can be fixed. I have been bragging on their ability to tackle this year, not sure why they forgot this game. Didn't know about the missing MLB. As I said above, learn from it and start concentrating on this weeks game against McMinn. Time to start a new thread.

Congrats Siegel and Go Owls