McMinn and Farragut

Oskie1

Tough game for the cherokees this week againist a team that McMinn teams of the past have not had much success with. Will McMinn excute like they did in the second half of the McCallie and Rhea Co. game or do they revert back to the team that played the first half of both of those games?

Typically Farragut has good size, pass blocks well and mixes it up to keep the opponent from keying on one demention of there attack.

If McMinn stays out of the 3rd and long downs and has success running the ball then I like the Cherokees, if they dont and cant stop the running attack of Farragut then it could be a long evening for McMinn.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think farragut has a real good team this year... could very easy be 3 and 0-minus the turnovers against DB! I think farragut will come into this game with a lot of confidence after the oak ridge and catholic wins and dominate the ground game! Also they are very physical on D with some good size and speed.... farragut takes it!

Tough game for the cherokees this week againist a team that McMinn teams of the past have not had much success with. Will McMinn excute like they did in the second half of the McCallie and Rhea Co. game or do they revert back to the team that played the first half of both of those games?

Typically Farragut has good size, pass blocks well and mixes it up to keep the opponent from keying on one demention of there attack.

If McMinn stays out of the 3rd and long downs and has success running the ball then I like the Cherokees, if they dont and cant stop the running attack of Farragut then it could be a long evening for McMinn.

The Admirals play in a tough district. Look for the Admirals to dominate and get win. Historically, the Cherokees do play Farragut tough.

McMinn will have to play a mistake free game then force Farragut into some 3 downs and out. I am concerned that Farragut with there size will have a tremendous advantage running the football down our throat.

Keys to a CHEROKEE win:

Keep the ball away from the Farragut offense

Win the turnover game

Win the special teams game

Win the field position game

Edited by TribeFan

Where is this game being played?

At McMinn Co.

I think this will be a tough/close game. McMinn has scored 29+ in each game, and they are always athletic. I feel sure McMinn will soundly test the Admiral D.

I just hope both teams can come away with no injuries. For the Admirals, a very tough region slate resumes the following week with a quality athletic West team.

Edited by Former44

I'm a McMinn fan and will be at the game. From the two games I've watched McMinn play, I think their line is too small and they don't have enough depth to compete 4 quarters with Farragut......so I think the Admirals take this one.

depends how much McMinn's play calling goes if it is one way or the other. One week Cagle will try to outrun a team with Lindsey and Moss then against Rhea he gives the ball to Plaster more. He needs to balance out the game plan if you ask me. So I don't know what to guess because there is no telling how the gameplan will be with one or 2 players getting all of the carries

Edited by 92cherokee

I think that farragut has the better team on paper but McMinn does seem to always play them tough. In the end though, i still pick farragut by 17

Not so fast my friend! On paper Farragut might look like the better team but if McMinn can get there playmakers into space and slow down the powerful running attack of Farragut then the Cherokees can win. I think the margain of victory is less than 7, just dont know which way as of today.

depends how much McMinn's play calling goes if it is one way or the other. One week Cagle will try to outrun a team with Lindsey and Moss then against Rhea he gives the ball to Plaster more. He needs to balance out the game plan if you ask me. So I don't know what to guess because there is no telling how the gameplan will be with one or 2 players getting all of the carries

:thumb: Nice post 92 and how correct you are. BTW, Welcome to the "T." I have a feeling you and I are gonna have some fun with this. :roflol: