Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Henry County Patroits

TheCommissioner

Commish - really enjoyed getting to meet you last night and had fun with the pregame fellowship. I will say this, the game was much more dominating than I thought would be. The Jacket offense was simply shut down from early on. We were definitely hitting on all cylinders last night. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the season unfold. Thanks again for stopping by! We'll be seeing you again soon!!!

Roll RED Roll!!!

Stop being so stubborn and so politically correct...and LISTEN TO ME! We will not be tested until round three at the earliest, most likely round four, and possibly even round five. This team is VERY good but more importantly...the opposition is not good at all. This team is much better up front than the 2007 and 2008 teams. We aren't as good at QB, and we don't throw as well, but we are in line for a state championship because we won't face anyone in the playoffs even as good as Melrose of 2007 or 2008. There isn't a team as good as Maplewood or Hillsboro either. We will outscore Columbia when we play them. We will destroy Powell or Morristown. Listen to the Red Warrior!

IMO, HC is much better overall and more physical than last year. This version is pretty much the same personnel wise as we only lost 4 or 5 starters from last years squad. This is the best HC team since 2008 when Marsalis Teague & Dominique Allen were seniors.

This group head to head would beat that 2008 group...just my opinion. Defense is stronger...

Not to disagree with you because our schedule is so weak, we will not be tested in teh regular season and sshould not be early in the playoffs, but there is one glaring problem for the Patriots, They miss one or two extra ponts in every game, that is the kind of stuff that lost championships for Melrose.

I agree with you and I hope that gets corrected. Our saving grace however, may be that will never have a game where an extra point matters. I am really serious.

This group head to head would beat that 2008 group...just my opinion. Defense is stronger...

I don't know who would win such a game, but you are right about the defense. We won't know for sure until we play a good team, whenever that happens (late November most likely). Until our present defense faces a Melrose or Hillsboro type team we won't know for sure, and I don't even think that type of team exists this year. But back to your point, I also think the defense is better now, and the offense was better then.

I don't know who would win such a game, but you are right about the defense. We won't know for sure until we play a good team, whenever that happens (late November most likely). Until our present defense faces a Melrose or Hillsboro type team we won't know for sure, and I don't even think that type of team exists this year. But back to your point, I also think the defense is better now, and the offense was better then.

RW

I owe you an apology and hope you accept it. You called the blowout and the BIG RED delivered. I can assure you I will never question your posts again !!!!!!

I agree...but that offense scored 2 play, 80 yard drives...this team seems to score on 5-6 play, 80 yard drives. That team in 2008 was explosive offensively.

If HC takes it 1 game at a time, they will be there in the end. I do remember talk in 2008 of a gold ball in week 1, and while there is some talk, it is more hush hush right now (thank goodness).....those gold balls get passed out in week 15!!!

RW

I owe you an apology and hope you accept it. You called the blowout and the BIG RED delivered. I can assure you I will never question your posts again !!!!!!

I am uncertain what you may have said that you think you need to apologize for, but it's really unnecessary. I know that I come across rather strongly on occasion. The blowout was really never in doubt so it was an easy call. Thanks for the post though...I am not used to a post like yours...LOL.

I agree...but that offense scored 2 play, 80 yard drives...this team seems to score on 5-6 play, 80 yard drives. That team in 2008 was explosive offensively.

If HC takes it 1 game at a time, they will be there in the end. I do remember talk in 2008 of a gold ball in week 1, and while there is some talk, it is more hush hush right now (thank goodness).....those gold balls get passed out in week 15!!!

After the 2007 season, gold ball talk was inevitable in 2008. I hear gold ball talk this year as well, and one should expect it with all of the returning starters. In 2007, it was a fumble deep in Maplewood territory at the end of regulation that derailed us...along with a defense that couldn't stop Maplewood. In 2008, it was once again a defense that couldn't stop Hillsboro as well as an offensive line who had a tough time blocking their quick defenders. The gold ball talk wasn't the problem, unless they were talking about it during the game. As I have said, I don't see anyone close to a Maplewood, Hillsboro, or even a Melrose standing in our way. This is our year UNLESS we experience a rash of injuries OR we just have one of those bad games at the wrong time.

Agreed with pretty much everything you and Warrior are saying. The 2008 team was better at the skill positions (The combo we had at QB, RB, and WR is something that might come along once every 50 years, and probably never again in a town this size). But this team is better up front on both sides of the ball. And I've been saying it since I watched some of preseason fall practice, the O and D lines are two of the best units we have ever had here. And in the case of the Defensive line, I don't think there is a close 2nd. But again, that is just my opinion.

Agreed with pretty much everything you and Warrior are saying. The 2008 team was better at the skill positions (The combo we had at QB, RB, and WR is something that might come along once every 50 years, and probably never again in a town this size). But this team is better up front on both sides of the ball. And I've been saying it since I watched some of preseason fall practice, the O and D lines are two of the best units we have ever had here. And in the case of the Defensive line, I don't think there is a close 2nd. But again, that is just my opinion.

For what is worth from a team that was totally dominated last Fri, our coaches were all in agreement on how good your lines were. Especailly the DL play. You were able to control the line of scrimmage with only 3 down lineman and ALSO put ample pressure on our QB. if your line decides to not ever have an off night they in themselves will carry you deep into the playoffs.