Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Henry County Patroits

TheCommissioner

The Springfield Yellow Jackets will make the long trip to the lake to take on the Henry County Patroits next week. This game should be fun and full on many plays for the highlight films. In my opinion the Jackets must play mistake, penalty, turnover free football to keep things close with the state ranked Pats. If we fail to do this then we could lose badly. If we can accomplish this goal, we will keep it close and in High school football a close game can go either way. Let the smack talk begin.......................

This should be an entertaining thread. :popcorneater:

HC's offense needs to play more consistently next week than it did tonight. We won 47-0, but our level of play did not reflect it (with all do respect to the defense, which did play very well from the starting unit all the way down to the JV). Getting Andrew Jelks and Evian Cook back will be a plus. I can assure you our players have not forgotten last season's nailbiter. They will be prepared for this one.

If our defense keeps up its frerocious level of play, then I like our chances. Our secondary appears to be leaps and bounds better than it was at this time last season, which will come in handy knowing Springfield. I'm assuming the Jackets have plenty of athleticism and skill, so the big question is how are they up front?

You don't need a magnifying glass to see what HC is gonna try to do offensively. Can their defense keep our running game held in check enough to put HC on its toes? We shall see.

I can't wait for this one. It feels like we're coming off of back-to-back bye weeks. It's football season, lets breathe some life into it.

Good luck to both squads. GO PATS!

The Springfield Yellow Jackets will make the long trip to the lake to take on the Henry County Patroits next week. This game should be fun and full on many plays for the highlight films. In my opinion the Jackets must play mistake, penalty, turnover free football to keep things close with the state ranked Pats. If we fail to do this then we could lose badly. If we can accomplish this goal, we will keep it close and in High school football a close game can go either way. Let the smack talk begin.......................

Thanks for starting this one EARLY commish! Its going to be a great game and a great atmosphere at Patriot Stadium. Looking forward to seeing the Springfield faithful come across the river and through the woods for some fine football!!!

Go Big RED!!!

HC will come in and win this game handily by at least 3 TDs, unless they show up and have an off night which is very common for high school aged kids.(disclaimer). HC should not have a close game until the 3rd, 4th, or probably even the 5th round of the play offs because of the weak district we play in combined with the average side of the bracket we play in. They are undoubtedly the class of this district. I just thought I would help RW out a little bit.....lol

HC will come in and win this game handily by at least 3 TDs, unless they show up and have an off night which is very common for high school aged kids.(disclaimer). HC should not have a close game until the 3rd, 4th, or probably even the 5th round of the play offs because of the weak district we play in combined with the average side of the bracket we play in. They are undoubtedly the class of this district. I just thought I would help RW out a little bit.....lol

Well thanks Kev! I'm not convinced it will be a blowout, but am anxious for this one. I believe it will be a good game with HC pulling away later in the game, but who knows. Like you said, on any given night things can happen!

FYI, bring your appetite to our tailgate. Going to be some GOOD EATIN going on!!! B)

Well thanks Kev! I'm not convinced it will be a blowout, but am anxious for this one. I believe it will be a good game with HC pulling away later in the game, but who knows. Like you said, on any given night things can happen!

FYI, bring your appetite to our tailgate. Going to be some GOOD EATIN going on!!! B)

I am adding my jinx to HC (and aiding Red Warrior too). I say The Pats by 4 to 5 TDs and the JV plays the whole 2nd half. There that ought to do it. Hey, Drew how about spreading the tailgate love around? Commissioners get hungry too and I should be straving by the time we get there. Just Kidding, of course. Hope this is a good game and no one get hurts or acts foolish. No chippy play just hard play. I would LOVE to see us win but I am prepared for the worst. Good or bad I say GO JACKETS I pull hard for Springfield win or lose.

I am adding my jinx to HC (and aiding Red Warrior too). I say The Pats by 4 to 5 TDs and the JV plays the whole 2nd half. There that ought to do it. Hey, Drew how about spreading the tailgate love around? Commissioners get hungry too and I should be straving by the time we get there. Just Kidding, of course. Hope this is a good game and no one get hurts or acts foolish. No chippy play just hard play. I would LOVE to see us win but I am prepared for the worst. Good or bad I say GO JACKETS I pull hard for Springfield win or lose.

Commish, come on out to the tailgate! I only said that to Kev because I met him last year. Would love for you to join us. We'll be setup anytime from about 5:30 til roughly 7:00. So officially, I am spreading the love for you!!! ;) Gonna be a great one!!!

Commish, come on out to the tailgate! I only said that to Kev because I met him last year. Would love for you to join us. We'll be setup anytime from about 5:30 til roughly 7:00. So officially, I am spreading the love for you!!! ;) Gonna be a great one!!!

Thanks for the invite Drew. I know I invited myself. I was only kidding you. I may drop by and shake a few hands, intoduce myself and wish everyone good luck. See you Friday and take it easy on us.

Stop being so sickeningly politically correct...it will be totally a blowout. Stop beating around the bush! It will NOT be a good game. The ONLY thing in question here is what the Springfield coaches will complain, moan, and whine about on the field as the players are shaking hands.