Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Henry County Patroits

TheCommissioner

Got ya, but who are the main three you talk about! This year I dont hear much from the coaches, but you may know more than I do!

I agree it is now time for details. I know that our coaches complained after last year's game. That is the only time I can think of that they could have been accused of "crying". This is getting old. This dog is tired of hunting...... time to name names. Who are you accusing of crying and what are they crying about? Really how mature is it to keeping complaining about the actions of one game. You have gotten so worked up about this that you hate our town. Goodness gracious give it a break. Now for facts (actually my opinion) SHS is the 2nd best team in this region and so far we have played the toughest schedule in the region. Dispute those facts

I agree it is now time for details. I know that our coaches complained after last year's game. That is the only time I can think of that they could have been accused of "crying". This is getting old. This dog is tired of hunting...... time to name names. Who are you accusing of crying and what are they crying about? Really how mature is it to keeping complaining about the actions of one game. You have gotten so worked up about this that you hate our town. Goodness gracious give it a break. Now for facts (actually my opinion) SHS is the 2nd best team in this region and so far we have played the toughest schedule in the region. Dispute those facts

I don't hate the town at all...not at all. I don't HATE anything about the Springfield program. Since I once coached, I will not "name" the coaches, but it is clear who I am talking about. And it's gone for more than last year. It's EVERY time we play. Your schedule has been tougher than ours I guess, but that won't mean a thing come Friday night.

I don't hate the town at all...not at all. I don't HATE anything about the Springfield program. Since I once coached, I will not "name" the coaches, but it is clear who I am talking about. And it's gone for more than last year. It's EVERY time we play. Your schedule has been tougher than ours I guess, but that won't mean a thing come Friday night.

It is clear you are bitter, and I will speculate its more than whinning coaches, it may go back to the 2008 season, when two members of our current staff were at Hillsbro. I attended that game and thought Henry Co. was a shoo in for the finals, but as a matter of FACT that didn't happen and Hillsbro won 31-24 and went on to win the state championship. Little did I know that night our future head coach was on the Hillsbro sideline and would inherit a team that was 1-19 the past two years, I am very happy for the turnaround and the improvment in our program, regardless of your oppinion, That is a fact from a true Jacket fan.

Unfortunatly it is not a whining and moaning contest, but a football game. I think the Jackets have a good chance. Like you said, you have not been tested. However the Jackets have faced 3 good teams in 3 weeks setting up a great chance on Friday night.

Springfield Games: Greenbrier (Crosstown Rival Game), Away games at Gallatin losing by 16 and Northeast losing by 7, and home on TV vs Clarksville winning by 1 in the forth.

Henry County Games: Liberty (are they down?), Beech (having a down year), Kenwood and Northwest (not saying much)

This is the 5th tough game Springfield has played in 5 weeks, and probably the Patriots first test of the season in my opinion. All i know is the injury bug has hit both teams, but if it comes down to being prepared Springfield has been in tougher games up to this point.

Maybe two or three coaches whin, but that doesnt make the staff.

Oldjacketfan...I too would like to commend you on being "a voice of reason" Springfield poster...(not the only one I might add) HOWEVER...you refer to Beech as "having a down year"?...What basis do you form this opinion? The Bucs are now 3-1 with wins over Portland, Station Camp, and a HUGE road win at Cookeville...2 of these teams (plus the Bucs) I'd take over the Jackets in a head to head match up. Liberty..(are they down?)...well..they are 2-1 with a big win over McNairy Central and as well as a win over Dyer County ..Who many consider to be "Springfieldish" in speed and talent. I say all of that to say this...I often warn against making "blanket accessments" without accurate facts to back it up...I realize you are "requoting" the Red Warrior...but against what standards are we comparing these squads?

Lastly..I too understand the difficulty in the early schedule for the Jackets...yes Clarksville High and certainly Northeast and Gallatin are extremely good football teams and would give nearly every school in Tennessee fits...however understanding that Greenbrier is a "rivalry game"...it really means little when evaluating the strength of the teams...and they in fact are NOT very good...as a matter of fact..I'm not too sure they are any better than Kenwood or Northwest given the fact that they are 1-3 and have been beaten by some really sub-par teams. Again..this is the Prez's opinion but I would consider it a "fact" that Beech is a good football team and Greenbrier not so much! (this season)

Oldjacketfan...I too would like to commend you on being "a voice of reason" Springfield poster...(not the only one I might add) HOWEVER...you refer to Beech as "having a down year"?...What basis do you form this opinion? The Bucs are now 3-1 with wins over Portland, Station Camp, and a HUGE road win at Cookeville...2 of these teams (plus the Bucs) I'd take over the Jackets in a head to head match up. Liberty..(are they down?)...well..they are 2-1 with a big win over McNairy Central and as well as a win over Dyer County ..Who many consider to be "Springfieldish" in speed and talent. I say all of that to say this...I often warn against making "blanket accessments" without accurate facts to back it up...I realize you are "requoting" the Red Warrior...but against what standards are we comparing these squads?

Lastly..I too understand the difficulty in the early schedule for the Jackets...yes Clarksville High and certainly Northeast and Gallatin are extremely good football teams and would give nearly every school in Tennessee fits...however understanding that Greenbrier is a "rivalry game"...it really means little when evaluating the strength of the teams...and they in fact are NOT very good...as a matter of fact..I'm not too sure they are any better than Kenwood or Northwest given the fact that they are 1-3 and have been beaten by some really sub-par teams. Again..this is the Prez's opinion but I would consider it a "fact" that Beech is a good football team and Greenbrier not so much! (this season)

I stand corrected, and do believe that Henry County is the team to beat reguardless. That is the only Fact that should be noted!

• Upvote 1

It is clear you are bitter, and I will speculate its more than whinning coaches, it may go back to the 2008 season, when two members of our current staff were at Hillsbro. I attended that game and thought Henry Co. was a shoo in for the finals, but as a matter of FACT that didn't happen and Hillsbro won 31-24 and went on to win the state championship. Little did I know that night our future head coach was on the Hillsbro sideline and would inherit a team that was 1-19 the past two years, I am very happy for the turnaround and the improvment in our program, regardless of your oppinion, That is a fact from a true Jacket fan.

The current staff has done a good job of improving the program...there is no disputing that. I never said they couldn't coach. In fact, to the contrary, they do a good job in many areas. If you thought ANYONE was a shoe in to beat Hillsboro that year, you don't know much about about football. I have not seen a quicker or more athletic team in Tennessee during the years I have been here.

Beech is "down" compared to recent years, but either way, they are just a fair team. We will not play a "good" team until round three (unless we slip up in round two), and likely not a real "test" until round four.

I actually appreciate the fact that you are willing to speak your mind...most are too gutless or "politically correct" on here to do so. However, please tell me what exactly it is that you find so idiotic. Is it that I think we are the class of our district? Is it because I am willing to say that we are the class of our district? Is it because I think that we are the class of West Tennessee? Is it because I am willing to say that we are the class of West Tennessee? Is it because I think Hillsboro and Melrose are nothing like they were when they gave us such good games or when they beat us? Is it because I truly think Springfield and NE are not in our league, or because I am willing to say it? Is it because it bothers me when the Springfield coaches cry and moan about things after we repeatedly beat them, instead of taking it and reacting like men? Is it because I say that I know a lot about football? Is it because I tried to tell all of you that Liberty would be no contest...and I was right about it? Is it because I tried to tell all of you that Beech would be no contest...and I was right about it? I love that you called me an idiot...now please explain why.

I know you were not asking me this question but I feel compelled to answer. I don't post often, which is obvious, but I have read every day for many years and the problem I have is this is a forum for discussing football but you turn it into a propel it into a forum of RW versus everybody because the focus turns from football to about you. I think it is fabulous that you have so much faith in our team. I think it is awful how pompous your delievery is. The points you try to get across may be valid but all of that gets lost in the continuous fight of "this is fact because this is what I believe". No sir, it is not fact, it is opinion. I too have faith in this team. I too believe we are capable of having a great season, barring any number of things that could happen. My biggest complaint is that you gripe and moan MUCH more about the coaches of Springfield that I have ever heard them do. I believe we all know that you don't like them, but yet you moan and cry about them moaning and crying, more than they do. I truly enjoy reading everyone's thoughts about teams and strengths and weaknesses but sometimes it gets worse than a 8th grade class of girls...and I can say that cause I'm female...

The current staff has done a good job of improving the program...there is no disputing that. I never said they couldn't coach. In fact, to the contrary, they do a good job in many areas. If you thought ANYONE was a shoe in to beat Hillsboro that year, you don't know much about about football. I have not seen a quicker or more athletic team in Tennessee during the years I have been here.

Your'e right, I don't know much about football, but I do know the definition of a pompous ####.