Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Henry County Patroits

TheCommissioner

I know you were not asking me this question but I feel compelled to answer. I don't post often, which is obvious, but I have read every day for many years and the problem I have is this is a forum for discussing football but you turn it into a propel it into a forum of RW versus everybody because the focus turns from football to about you. I think it is fabulous that you have so much faith in our team. I think it is awful how pompous your delievery is. The points you try to get across may be valid but all of that gets lost in the continuous fight of "this is fact because this is what I believe". No sir, it is not fact, it is opinion. I too have faith in this team. I too believe we are capable of having a great season, barring any number of things that could happen. My biggest complaint is that you gripe and moan MUCH more about the coaches of Springfield that I have ever heard them do. I believe we all know that you don't like them, but yet you moan and cry about them moaning and crying, more than they do. I truly enjoy reading everyone's thoughts about teams and strengths and weaknesses but sometimes it gets worse than a 8th grade class of girls...and I can say that cause I'm female...

thank you for your comments. your post better conveyed what I was was trying to express than what I wrote

Oldjacketfan...I too would like to commend you on being "a voice of reason" Springfield poster...(not the only one I might add) HOWEVER...you refer to Beech as "having a down year"?...What basis do you form this opinion? The Bucs are now 3-1 with wins over Portland, Station Camp, and a HUGE road win at Cookeville...2 of these teams (plus the Bucs) I'd take over the Jackets in a head to head match up. Liberty..(are they down?)...well..they are 2-1 with a big win over McNairy Central and as well as a win over Dyer County ..Who many consider to be "Springfieldish" in speed and talent. I say all of that to say this...I often warn against making "blanket accessments" without accurate facts to back it up...I realize you are "requoting" the Red Warrior...but against what standards are we comparing these squads?

Lastly..I too understand the difficulty in the early schedule for the Jackets...yes Clarksville High and certainly Northeast and Gallatin are extremely good football teams and would give nearly every school in Tennessee fits...however understanding that Greenbrier is a "rivalry game"...it really means little when evaluating the strength of the teams...and they in fact are NOT very good...as a matter of fact..I'm not too sure they are any better than Kenwood or Northwest given the fact that they are 1-3 and have been beaten by some really sub-par teams. Again..this is the Prez's opinion but I would consider it a "fact" that Beech is a good football team and Greenbrier not so much! (this season)

Prez you are "a voice of reason" from across the river. I respect your posts and thoughts. Red Warrior probably considers you and I "too political correct" because we don't HATE with a passion each other's towns or programs. Actually, when the playoffs start I will be pulling for each of the teams in our region as if I was their most loyal fan (yes, Warrior I will be supporting HC from Robertson County as you coach them towards your first gold ball). Prez, there are a couple of questions I have about your post though. 1)Beech is always a tough, discipline, team and an even tougher place to play. When you reference their 3 wins lets look at them closely. They beat Portland, who hasn't won a game yet. And they only beat them by 10 points at that. Not really a quality win BUT a win. Next Beech over Station Camp. SC is 1-3 on the year. SC lone win is over Antioch who is also 1-3. Next, Beech beat Cookeville who is 2-2 there biggest win so far this year. Looking at these games and everyone's records I would think that Beech's year so is really nothing much to crow about. I assume by your comments that you would pick Cookeville and SC to beat SHS. Could very well happen but I really think we could hold our own. I am not familiar with Liberty and I respect your knowledge. If you say they are a good team that is enough for me. I really only keep up with the mid-state teams. You are right about Greenbrier. They arent very good. Their only win came against Portland (see the above assessment on them 0-for season so far). The Greenbrier game is good for the Robertson County community. It gives the citzens enjoyment, something to look forward to and talk about. It also is a VERY good gate in these tough economic times. These are just some of the opinions of a salesman who got his teaching certificate and wanted to coach but never got hired. I look forward to seeing everyone Friday night. Maybe I will get to meet Warrior before he goes on the field so he will be able to but a face on his hatred for Springfield.

Prez you are "a voice of reason" from across the river. I respect your posts and thoughts. Red Warrior probably considers you and I "too political correct" because we don't HATE with a passion each other's towns or programs. Actually, when the playoffs start I will be pulling for each of the teams in our region as if I was their most loyal fan (yes, Warrior I will be supporting HC from Robertson County as you coach them towards your first gold ball). Prez, there are a couple of questions I have about your post though. 1)Beech is always a tough, discipline, team and an even tougher place to play. When you reference their 3 wins lets look at them closely. They beat Portland, who hasn't won a game yet. And they only beat them by 10 points at that. Not really a quality win BUT a win. Next Beech over Station Camp. SC is 1-3 on the year. SC lone win is over Antioch who is also 1-3. Next, Beech beat Cookeville who is 2-2 there biggest win so far this year. Looking at these games and everyone's records I would think that Beech's year so is really nothing much to crow about. I assume by your comments that you would pick Cookeville and SC to beat SHS. Could very well happen but I really think we could hold our own. I am not familiar with Liberty and I respect your knowledge. If you say they are a good team that is enough for me. I really only keep up with the mid-state teams. You are right about Greenbrier. They arent very good. Their only win came against Portland (see the above assessment on them 0-for season so far). The Greenbrier game is good for the Robertson County community. It gives the citzens enjoyment, something to look forward to and talk about. It also is a VERY good gate in these tough economic times. These are just some of the opinions of a salesman who got his teaching certificate and wanted to coach but never got hired. I look forward to seeing everyone Friday night. Maybe I will get to meet Warrior before he goes on the field so he will be able to but a face on his hatred for Springfield.

Commishh...first of all...I hope you indeed make it to the tailgates scattered throughout the practice field Friday night...I trust you'll enjoy the atomsphere and assorted dishes!

Secondly...I'm afraid you'll be disappointed in waiting to see the Red Warrior (at least on the playing surface) unless the "ole retired coach" has traded in his headset in favor of a zebra shirt and yellow hanky!

Thirdly...I can appreciate your questions concerning Beech and the rest of their early season schedule...we too have these same questions to an degree! However..Cookeville's two losses are to Beech and Brentwood..and Cookeville traditionally is a very solid program in the state's worse district. Station Camp on the other hand is District 9-AAA "step brother" who everyone (members of 9-AAA) say is much improved and will "eventually" represent the district in the post season...although starting out 1-3 with two of those losses being to Hendersonville and Beech...no shame in those two for sure!

We at HCHS still do not have a grasp on "exactly" how good of a team we beat in Week 1 at Beech. BUT..the wins over Station Camp and certainly Cookeville at least point to a good program. This week however the Bucs play an undefeated Mt.Juliet squad who I can assure you is a execellent football team even tho they too have seemingly played only the easier schools on the 2011 agenda! Plus, Liberty (our season opener) plays this week's number 1 ranked 4A team in Tennessee...the Lexington Tigers. I'm anxious to see the outcome of this game even tho it is a match up of 4As! Hopefully after this week we will all have a little clearer picture as to where we all stand!

More importantly than who has beaten who and who's schedule is tougher...is the ability to dodge the injury bug and the willingness to improve from week to week! Although the Patriots were impressive in their wins over Liberty, Beech, Kenwood, and Northwest...HC has several areas where improvement is needed...early week turnovers were at the top of that list....plus we've been "knicked up" more so than last season. These two alone are much more crucial than applying the "common opponent" formula....agree?

p.s. Mt. Juliet also has Cookeville on the schedule for later on in the Fall!

Commishh...first of all...I hope you indeed make it to the tailgates scattered throughout the practice field Friday night...I trust you'll enjoy the atomsphere and assorted dishes!

Secondly...I'm afraid you'll be disappointed in waiting to see the Red Warrior (at least on the playing surface) unless the "ole retired coach" has traded in his headset in favor of a zebra shirt and yellow hanky!

Thirdly...I can appreciate your questions concerning Beech and the rest of their early season schedule...we too have these same questions to an degree! However..Cookeville's two losses are to Beech and Brentwood..and Cookeville traditionally is a very solid program in the state's worse district. Station Camp on the other hand is District 9-AAA "step brother" who everyone (members of 9-AAA) say is much improved and will "eventually" represent the district in the post season...although starting out 1-3 with two of those losses being to Hendersonville and Beech...no shame in those two for sure!

We at HCHS still do not have a grasp on "exactly" how good of a team we beat in Week 1 at Beech. BUT..the wins over Station Camp and certainly Cookeville at least point to a good program. This week however the Bucs play an undefeated Mt.Juliet squad who I can assure you is a execellent football team even tho they too have seemingly played only the easier schools on the 2011 agenda! Plus, Liberty (our season opener) plays this week's number 1 ranked 4A team in Tennessee...the Lexington Tigers. I'm anxious to see the outcome of this game even tho it is a match up of 4As! Hopefully after this week we will all have a little clearer picture as to where we all stand!

More importantly than who has beaten who and who's schedule is tougher...is the ability to dodge the injury bug and the willingness to improve from week to week! Although the Patriots were impressive in their wins over Liberty, Beech, Kenwood, and Northwest...HC has several areas where improvement is needed...early week turnovers were at the top of that list....plus we've been "knicked up" more so than last season. These two alone are much more crucial than applying the "common opponent" formula....agree?

p.s. Mt. Juliet also has Cookeville on the schedule for later on in the Fall!

Agreed

you speak of Beech really not having beaten anyone, well who haas springfield beaten, beech is better than springfield, This NE team you think is so tough really has not beaten anyone either and you victory over Clarksville well they were not as good as I thought last week and they are not as good as you think this week. Gallatin is a pretty good team and Springfield lost to them, apples and oranges, the rubber will hit the road Friday, then we will know, Yes Springfield has played a series of future champions in the first four weeks and can say Beech is down, lol Beech would be 4-0 if they had played your schedule, and that is a fact lol or some may say it is opinion mom, which by the way just voices his opinion and you try and tell him he does it wrong, well you spoke very little football on the football message board. Henry county is the better team and they have played two good teams this year, I would say Springfield has played three good teams and has gone 1-2 against them, not great teams.

you speak of Beech really not having beaten anyone, well who haas springfield beaten, beech is better than springfield, This NE team you think is so tough really has not beaten anyone either and you victory over Clarksville well they were not as good as I thought last week and they are not as good as you think this week. Gallatin is a pretty good team and Springfield lost to them, apples and oranges, the rubber will hit the road Friday, then we will know, Yes Springfield has played a series of future champions in the first four weeks and can say Beech is down, lol Beech would be 4-0 if they had played your schedule, and that is a fact lol or some may say it is opinion mom, which by the way just voices his opinion and you try and tell him he does it wrong, well you spoke very little football on the football message board. Henry county is the better team and they have played two good teams this year, I would say Springfield has played three good teams and has gone 1-2 against them, not great teams.

I dont care what the polls say, Gallatin is tops in 5A; regardless if you consider them pretty good, great, or whatever.....

If you take into account the suspensions Gallatin had early in the year, you MIGHT have a point. If not, then I think you're under estimating Gallatin. They are for real.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Show me where I said SHS was better than Beech in my post. This year's CHS is improved over the CHS that lost in the 2nd round of the playoff last year (IMO). And this year's Northeast's team is better than the team that lost to Henderville in the playoff last year (IMO). In my opinion NE's QB is one of the best players in our region and play on ANY team in the state. Maybe he wouldnt play QB but a good coach would find some place to play him. The pollsters (ITO) think Gallatin is better than pretty good they are ranked higher than the majority of the teams in our class. And yes we lost to Gallatin (that isn't opinion that is fact). Interesting that you say in one sentence that Gallatin is pretty good and that NE isn"t tough with a follow-up sentence that they are "future champions". I didnt say Beech was down I compared the team records of the teams that they have beaten none of them have a winning record except Cookeville which is 2-2. Prez wrote that Cookeville is a good team I respect his opinion on that. Beech may have won the 4 games that we played if they played these teams we will never know (that is you opinion). Show me where I said that Henry County wasnt the better team. OK, I did speak very little football on that message in my reply to Prez but guess what you didnt speak ANY (ma'am or sir) you just spoke your opinion. You seem to have a problem with me stating my opinions but I have no problem with you stating your opinion that is what this message board is all about. I respect Prez's opinion, he makes sense when he speaks you on the other hand...............

I never said yo thought beech was down, someone did though, The NE, Clarksville, Gallatin comment about them all being future champions was pure sarcasm with the exception of Gallatin, I am not going bacck to check who said it because it was a joke, but someone made light of the Henry County schedule and tlaked as if Springfield had been down murder row, I was being sarcastic, Liberty and Beech would both have better records than Springfield had they played the Yellowjacket schedule im my humble opinion.

I know you were not asking me this question but I feel compelled to answer. I don't post often, which is obvious, but I have read every day for many years and the problem I have is this is a forum for discussing football but you turn it into a propel it into a forum of RW versus everybody because the focus turns from football to about you. I think it is fabulous that you have so much faith in our team. I think it is awful how pompous your delievery is. The points you try to get across may be valid but all of that gets lost in the continuous fight of "this is fact because this is what I believe". No sir, it is not fact, it is opinion. I too have faith in this team. I too believe we are capable of having a great season, barring any number of things that could happen. My biggest complaint is that you gripe and moan MUCH more about the coaches of Springfield that I have ever heard them do. I believe we all know that you don't like them, but yet you moan and cry about them moaning and crying, more than they do. I truly enjoy reading everyone's thoughts about teams and strengths and weaknesses but sometimes it gets worse than a 8th grade class of girls...and I can say that cause I'm female...

I respect your opinion and I am glad to see you also actually speak your mind...too many people who post on here don't. My opinions are strong and I will not change. This is not about me, but about my opinions on football in general, as well as our team. I coached for decades and NEVER saw anything like what I saw and heard after three games with Springfield. It has stuck with me because it's so strange to hear coaches act in that manner. I think they will NEVER beat us because of that excuse making whining mentality. If my posts are not enjoyable for you to read, the solution is quite simple...when you see my name at the top of the post, just don't read the post. I believe it to be a FACT that we are the class of the district and no team is a close second. I am sorry that bothers you and others for me to say that, but I am guilty of one thing for sure...saying what I think and saying what I believe. Those who have a problem with that need to try it.

Edited by Red Warrior