Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Henry County Patroits

TheCommissioner

thought the rule is that after the second offensive penalty the clock stops and the refs sorta blew that . anyway we'll never know what could've happened .

if i was a coach and knew the rulebook , i would do it every single time to win

h*** i hope the jackets have to do it tonight

GO JACKETS

Edited by yellowswarm

That was a statement not an accusation at anyone saying it was illegal. It's easy to for you being a Springfield fan to say you wouldn't do it from the stands. However, I bet you would consider it very strongly if your job, playoff seeding, or district standing were on the line. Do you not foul or try to draw fouls when you play basketball? Like Herm Edwards says "you play to win the game" and I have no problems with anything anyone does as long as it is within the rules. I agree the rule needs to be modified but at this point it is what it is.

That in bold was my whole point, and no I wouldnt do it; just b/c I see it from the stands doesnt mean my judgement of what I would or would not do is any different. I will do whatever it takes to win but I refuse to exploit or take advantage of faulty rules. I know you do not know me but believe me when I say I am as competitive as you can get.....

Anyway, it doesnt matter we all have our opinions and I respect yours even if I do not completely agree w/ them.....

That in bold was my whole point, and no I wouldnt do it; just b/c I see it from the stands doesnt mean my judgement of what I would or would not do is any different. I will do whatever it takes to win but I refuse to exploit or take advantage of faulty rules. I know you do not know me but believe me when I say I am as competitive as you can get.....

Anyway, it doesnt matter we all have our opinions and I respect yours even if I do not completely agree w/ them.....

Like I said...I don't like the rule at all...never used it. The massacre begins in two hours and forty minutes!

Congrats to HC, we simply are not the same team we were last year regardless of how many players we had return. The HC QB can throw the ball quite well if you dont get any pressure on him; we did last year and didnt this year, plain and simple.....

The HC fan base was very hospitable as they welcomed and fed a few SP fans as they walked by. The conversation was good and civil.....

RW was correct, HC will not have a competitive game until the 3rd or 4th round if they continue to play like this. Honestly, Gallatin is the only team in 5A on either side of the bracket that could beat them IMO.....

When you still have starters in a game that out of hand, on-side kicking the ball, and throwing a hail mary at the end of the game, you kinda have it coming.

Some people standing around me were saying the same thing. Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with what they did at the end? I honestly didn't. This is just one man's opinion as a former player, but I probably would've wanted my coach to do the same thing in that situation. I know it sounds corny, but it would've sent a message to me as a player that no matter how out of hand the game is, you're never gonna wave the white flag.

Again, that's just my opinion.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Congrats to HC, we simply are not the same team we were last year regardless of how many players we had return. The HC QB can throw the ball quite well if you dont get any pressure on him; we did last year and didnt this year, plain and simple.....

The HC fan base was very hospitable as they welcomed and fed a few SP fans as they walked by. The conversation was good and civil.....

RW was correct, HC will not have a competitive game until the 3rd or 4th round if they continue to play like this. Honestly, Gallatin is the only team in 5A on either side of the bracket that could beat them IMO.....

Would be a great game if it comes down to that. Hopefully spells revenge for us.

To the rest of your post, hope you enjoyed yourself. Good luck to the Jackets on the rest of the season.