DB at Boone

trailblazersback

I wonder how much time Boone has spent on their passing game this week.

That is one of the reasons Boone has struggled on offense. In the first 4 games they have not been to successful in the passing game and if they cannot move the ball in the air then it will make it that much easier for DB to shutdown the running game. The last two games Boone has went to the two qb offense and #3 has added some threat in the passing and running. Boone has two good running backs with #23 Sanders having a good year and #5 McLemore coming back from a hamstring injury. Both of these guys are able to break the long runs consistantly and hopefully that will open the passing. I do believe Boone will suprise DB that they are a better team than what the scores and record has indicated so far. Coach Jenkins has been up late every night this week working on his recipe for an upset and he is putting ingredients in it that hopefully will leave a bitter taste for DB. If not, it will not only be bitter for Boone, but down right nasty. :hungry: or :wacko:

GO BOONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Booneman

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one of the reasons Boone has struggled on offense. In the first 4 games they have not been to successful in the passing game and if they cannot move the ball in the air then it will make it that much easier for DB to shutdown the running game. The last two games Boone has went to the two qb offense and #3 has added some threat in the passing and running. Boone has two good running backs with #23 Sanders having a good year and #5 MeLemore coming back from a hamstring injury. Both of these guys are able to break the long runs consistantly and hopefully that will open the passing. I do believe Boone will suprise DB that they are a better team than what the scores and record has indicated so far. Coach Jennings has been up late every night this week working on his recipe for an upset and he is putting ingredients in it that hopefully will leave a bitter taste for DB. If not, it will not only be bitter for Boone, but down right nasty. :hungry: or :wacko:

GO BOONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach Jennings the OC or DC?

Wow! It has been a long week of cooking!

Glad they are not counting on you to come up with that recipe. :blush:

Should be a fun game. If Art is right about Malik, and Art is right more often than not, there will be one less playmaker for the Blazers to contend with. #13 will have an increased role. He is faster than anyone on Boone's team.

Boone needs to be very effective in their play action and complete the passes after they have hammered with Sanders and McLemore. I doubt they can block the D-B D-line. We'll see. If Sensabaugh is healthy is could be a long night for the Boone running game, but at least the clock will be running to keep the score down.

Good luck and good health to all. thumb[1].gif

Glad they are not counting on you to come up with that recipe. :blush:

Should be a fun game. If Art is right about Malik, and Art is right more often than not, there will be one less playmaker for the Blazers to contend with. #13 will have an increased role. He is faster than anyone on Boone's team.

Boone needs to be very effective in their play action and complete the passes after they have hammered with Sanders and McLemore. I doubt they can block the D-B D-line. We'll see. If Sensabaugh is healthy is could be a long night for the Boone running game, but at least the clock will be running to keep the score down.

Good luck and good health to all. thumb[1].gif

You are exactly right about the front line on offense for Boone. If they cannot open some holes for running or protect the qb it will be up to the defense to keep DB from running the score up. I am concerned about the possible number of interceptions Boone will throw if the line does not handle the pressure. Boone cannot make mistakes it they are going to have any chance of beating a team as good as DB.

If I didn't have a good passing team and were going to try and run at us,I'd try to run straight at our front instead of letting our speed factor in on the edges.We will put more up close and that will help your passing game.If I'm a DB coach,this is what I'd figure Boone will try tonight.Boone has to have some help with turnovers and maybe a mistake or two to draw some yellow laundry. I'd also say that has been gone over by the DB coaches.This is why you play the game,mistakes and crazy things can always be a factor.

and your boy Downs played in how many of those games? 3 and lost 2 of them. that is a fact. another fact is that none of your current players played in any of those games before 2009, and your coach didn't coach in any of those games either. Kind of wish he did though. Atleast Jenkins knows how many downs he has to play with.

Great point here vision great point...... 1-2 against a Tenn High team that had supposively 2 D1 athletes... not very good statistically if i see it the right way........... Well as for how i see it, Im from Boone so how am i not suppose to pick an upset....... Im sayin Boone 27-24....... Boone gets some help from their special teams and pulls one out boys :thumb:

DB will not get a chance at a kickoff return unless either of two things happen.

1. Boone scores :roflol: Sorry, couldn't resist.

2. The Boone kicker stubs his toe in the ground while kicking off.

DB's kick return team WILL NOT be a factor. Punt returns....probably.

From what I hear, Boone will not get to return a kick either, unless DB allows one.

Both kickers are stronglegged.