Milan Bulldogs (3-0) at South Gibson County Hornets (4-0)

Bulldog Fan #2

Glad to see another good football team in the county. Medina area has done a great job supporting the new school and program, to get off to a great start. SGC has some quality athletes and their confindence is at an all time high. Milan should prove to be a little too much, as overall size, team speed,depth, etc. should eventually win out. SGC could prove to be one of the better matchups for Milan, as it is becoming more evident the schedule is not what it has been in years past.

I don't think South Gibson will score on Milan's 1st team defense. The bulldogs, I think, will

come out and run the ball, wear'um down, and SG will have nothing left in the 2nd half.

South Gibson has alot of players that play alot of minutes.

I don't see Morris calling off the dogs until the game is WELL in hand.

Milan 49 S Gibson14

It is great to see a first year varsity team to start out like they are, but sgc has a lot of game planning to do in the week to come if they incorporate the brothers in the backfield a Lil better and the qb can make the handoffs more smoothe and stay in pitch distance with the rb they can do some small damage. Although I have not seen milan play this year history shows a great run stop defense and a strong I smash mouth offense. Sgc defense is not equipped enough to stop that I would love to see them come out with a winning upset but it is not likely

I see a-dial-score mercy ruled game for Milan by the 2nd half....no dis to SGC, but their 4-0 record (all close games to semi-weak teams, except against pathetic TCA)is impressive for a 1st year varsity schedule....good thing for SGC though....they'll make a killing at the gate and the concessions....I figure 25K at least...

Edited by cofo

Congrats on a quick start to the season for the Hornets. I know that you know that this will not be a sub-par team rolling into your home field. The Dawgs will come at you from every direction. Just ask Humboldt when our D-line spent the night in the backfield. As for speed, we have multiple players who can run with the twins. No disrespect to your 4-0 record, you have earned that. After Friday night you will see what it takes to make it to the next level. Milan - 42 So. Gibson - 7

Edited by baddawg

This one will get UGLY quick... SGC will have no answer for Milan's ground game, how is TJ Bryson doin? is he back to full speed since having to leave the game in Humboldt.

This will be the fastest most discipline defense SGC has seen all year and no shot they will be able to keep big #90 from milan's d line outta their backfield....

IT'S WAKE UP TIME FOR THE HORNETS LOL! WELCOME TO REAL WEST TN FOOTBALL!

Edited by Overthetop

Congrats on a quick start to the season for the Hornets. I know that you know that this will not be a sub-par team rolling into your home field. The Dawgs will come at you from every direction. Just ask Humboldt when our D-line spent the night in the backfield. As for speed, we have multiple players who can run with the twins. No disrespect to your 4-0 record, you have earned that. After Friday night you will see what it takes to make it to the next level. Milan - 42 So. Gibson - 7

Humboldt's not who you need to ask, Humboldt was in your back field, Don't believe you had a first down until 3rd quarter (if so it wasn't more than 2), that was the only successful drive of the entire ball game. The fieldgoal came off the interception return to the twenty, we held you to negative yardage there. You may need to ask Trenton or some of the other teams you've played. But the score was 10-0 you didn't dominate and you were rarely in our backfield.

Do I think you will smash SG, Yes -- It's going to get ugly, but I only saw SG in the Jamboree.

Just as I commented earlier - you can judge how well you are when you play Milan. Welcome to the real world SG. If you hold Milan to less than 2TD's it's all good, If you beat Milan you shut everyone in West TN up. If Milan Beats you 42 to 7 You have a long road ahead and are no where as good as you think.

"Just Saying"

• Upvote 1