Hampton

JPII

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news and I will not say anything on here but there are storm clouds brewing over the boys basketball program as we speak. Some have already quit and others will follow. Certainly a mess.

I have not heard of such! I sure hope this doesn't pan out to be the case.

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news and I will not say anything on here but there are storm clouds brewing over the boys basketball program as we speak. Some have already quit and others will follow. Certainly a mess.

Heck, conf. play is just now starting. This is a whole new season starting now. Whatever the problem they'll get it ironed out I'm sure.

Heck, conf. play is just now starting. This is a whole new season starting now. Whatever the problem they'll get it ironed out I'm sure.

The problem is nothing more than kids being spoiled to death nowadays.Back in the day ,you were a lucky kid to get to play sports.Kids had work at home and alot of parents needed their kids at home. Now all they do is play xbox or run up and down the road.Its not the kids fault but they will be the one,s who reap the consequences.Parents need to understand you are preparing these kids for life.The games are over when they finish highschool. Playing sports is a privaledge ,not a job. Playing sports these days does take quite a bit of hard work and comittment, thats what I like about it,because its a teaches kids how to fight through tough things when when they have jobs and families.

The problem is nothing more than kids being spoiled to death nowadays.Back in the day ,you were a lucky kid to get to play sports.Kids had work at home and alot of parents needed their kids at home. Now all they do is play xbox or run up and down the road.Its not the kids fault but they will be the one,s who reap the consequences.Parents need to understand you are preparing these kids for life.The games are over when they finish highschool. Playing sports is a privaledge ,not a job. Playing sports these days does take quite a bit of hard work and comittment, thats what I like about it,because its a teaches kids how to fight through tough things when when they have jobs and families.

I would normally agree with this post, but I know the kid that stepped down. He has played basketball since he was 5 years old. He has never missed a practice since then except when he broke his arm in practice taking charges. He has always given %110 on and off the court. He has a 3.75 gpa as well, and knows whats important in life. Basketball was his passion, and always wanted to win, but basketball the way they have to practice now days there is no time for a job. Basketball is 6 days a week. Hard to get a job that will hire you for 1 day. He (as well as others) is tired of the lack of discipline, kids quiting numerous times only to be begged to come back. These same kids make fun of the coach behind his back because he begs them back. He will also start these same kids to keep them from quitting. He was one of the ones who never missed a camp or aau game all summer while the other kids layed at home playing video games and having their fun. The type of kids you are talking about is the ones this coach wants on his team. I know all theses young men very well, and some of them are very good kids. I really hate that this happened to them as a team, because they have played togeather for a long time are are close friends. Everything I have said is true, and the coach knows it as well. The young man that stepped down is a role model to everyone that knows him. He always showed his coaches respect and give them everything he had and then some. So that is evidently not what this coach wants. He respects you more if you disrespect him, quit, and lay out of practice. He also knows they are laying out because he will go and try to get them off their xbox to come to games/practice. I just thought this coach/man had some integrity. I know its all about winning, but this method of coaching still isnt getting him any more wins, just look at the harriman trip. Seth we (and your team) will miss you being on the court.

I would normally agree with this post, but I know the kid that stepped down. He has played basketball since he was 5 years old. He has never missed a practice since then except when he broke his arm in practice taking charges. He has always given %110 on and off the court. He has a 3.75 gpa as well, and knows whats important in life. Basketball was his passion, and always wanted to win, but basketball the way they have to practice now days there is no time for a job. Basketball is 6 days a week. Hard to get a job that will hire you for 1 day. He (as well as others) is tired of the lack of discipline, kids quiting numerous times only to be begged to come back. These same kids make fun of the coach behind his back because he begs them back. He will also start these same kids to keep them from quitting. He was one of the ones who never missed a camp or aau game all summer while the other kids layed at home playing video games and having their fun. The type of kids you are talking about is the ones this coach wants on his team. I know all theses young men very well, and some of them are very good kids. I really hate that this happened to them as a team, because they have played togeather for a long time are are close friends. Everything I have said is true, and the coach knows it as well. The young man that stepped down is a role model to everyone that knows him. He always showed his coaches respect and give them everything he had and then some. So that is evidently not what this coach wants. He respects you more if you disrespect him, quit, and lay out of practice. He also knows they are laying out because he will go and try to get them off their xbox to come to games/practice. I just thought this coach/man had some integrity. I know its all about winning, but this method of coaching still isnt getting him any more wins, just look at the harriman trip. Seth we (and your team) will miss you being on the court.

Sounds like a bad situation to say the least.I'm not a coach and don't have to worry about wins and losses,but in my mind,its really not that big of thing. Just play the kids who earn the right.Teach life lessons and give kids what they earn.I have no problem with giving kid a chance or 2,but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Have you ever heard that Justin Timberlake song called "cry me a river"?

Fact is we should all be thanking Ned for coming down to the crap show. At Hampton it doesn't matter how many games you win or how much you win by somebody always has something to say. "my son doesn't get to play enough" "they show favoritism to the good players" "the best player on the team shoots too much". Who wants to put up with that. Its torture for a logical person to have to sit in the stands and listen to people constantly complain. Last year we had a mr basketball candidate and I can't count the times I heard people complaining when he shot. Sorry but he was better than your kid he should have been taking the shots. I makes me lol when people say "well he goes to practice everyday". Well I'd hope so because that's what's expected, that's the bare mininium. Come back when you can say "he stays late and comes in by himself to get better". We've been down this road before. People from Hampton have learned the hard way that Ned smith will have his team ready come tournament time. MARK IT DOWN!!!

Fact is we should all be thanking Ned for coming down to the crap show. At Hampton it doesn't matter how many games you win or how much you win by somebody always has something to say. "my son doesn't get to play enough" "they show favoritism to the good players" "the best player on the team shoots too much". Who wants to put up with that. Its torture for a logical person to have to sit in the stands and listen to people constantly complain. Last year we had a mr basketball candidate and I can't count the times I heard people complaining when he shot. Sorry but he was better than your kid he should have been taking the shots. I makes me lol when people say "well he goes to practice everyday". Well I'd hope so because that's what's expected, that's the bare mininium. Come back when you can say "he stays late and comes in by himself to get better". We've been down this road before. People from Hampton have learned the hard way that Ned smith will have his team ready come tournament time. MARK IT DOWN!!!

Smith was the same way in Landerland...he always chased the ones that wouldnt come to practice and the ones that cussed him and the staff was the ones that played. period. To me seems like the best smartest students make a better ball player instead of the ones that you have to drag into the gym! At least you can count on them showing up and giving 100%. The earlier poster may have something here Smith has no discipline period. Never has never will. Just wait and see when he comes up and lets see who is the best...CARP cant wait!!

Good post I believe you nailed 'er down.