Hampton

JPII

Well I've been reading these boards for along time and I can't remember a time when the the people were happy with the basketball coach.Its simply a hard place to coach. I like and respect Ned as a man and a coach.Hes a very hard worker and his teams always seem to do pretty well. I'm sure he does some bad things,but guess what,we all do. I hope the boys who quit will rejoin the team if they enjoy the sport,you only have 4 years and its over. In a perfect world they would all come to practice every day and they would all be starters.But we don't live in a perfect world and we don't have perfect players or coaches.Just let the man do the job the way he see's fit.if its not good enough to suit people ,they can find um another one,its pretty much been a revolveing door for several years now anyway.As far as I'm concerned,I hope he's there until my kid graduates.

Smith was the same way in Landerland...he always chased the ones that wouldnt come to practice and the ones that cussed him and the staff was the ones that played. period. To me seems like the best smartest students make a better ball player instead of the ones that you have to drag into the gym! At least you can count on them showing up and giving 100%. The earlier poster may have something here Smith has no discipline period. Never has never will. Just wait and see when he comes up and lets see who is the best...CARP cant wait!!

Smith was also highly successful in landerland. Carp is also 1-3 against Hampton.

Carp was 1-3 against Jerry if I'm not mistaken. I thought him and Ned were 0-0?

I said he's 1-3 against Hampton not he's 1-3 against Ned. Look, carp is a great guy and a good coach but to act like he was the sole reason Ned was successful at Cloudland is crazy. I'm sure he didn't hurt cloludlands cause but he's not the reason Ned was great up there. I know Cloudland hates Hampton soooooo bad but to say Ned isn't a good coach just because he came home to coach is just straight up jealousy.

Who's this Timberlake Character? And the song "Cry Me a River" was performed by Ella Fitzgerald in the 50's. So if this Timberlake feller sang it, he stole it from her.

.....back when we were young teens :roflolk:

Fact is, I see no problem with a coach talking to kids about playing ball and compelling to do so...BUT I havent seen a kid in a looooong time worth begging and cant see Ned doing so. I am not saying Im correct, just cant see it.

Im glad he's here!!! But, if the talk is true and we're playing boys that wont show up for practice and are not respectful, then this need to change...NOW! I still cant see it being so.

There has never been a player so great that he didnt need a team! Ive yet to see a kid throw the ball in to himself, break the press by himself, get the rebounds himself and do all the scoring....Its still a team (at least 5 players playing for the name on the front of the jersey) game. Should be coached, played and viewed as so....The NBA mentality of ME has hurt high school basketball alot!

B&G and KING, holler at me! :thumb:

Edited by uknoit2

.....back when we were young teens :roflolk:

Fact is, I see no problem with a coach talking to kids about playing ball and compelling to do so...BUT I havent seen a kid in a looooong time worth begging and cant see Ned doing so. I am not saying Im correct, just cant see it.

Im glad he's here!!! But, if the talk is true and we're playing boys that wont show up for practice and are not respectful, then this need to change...NOW! I still cant see it being so.

There has never been a player so great that he didnt need a team! Ive yet to see a kid throw the ball in to himself, break the press by himself, get the rebounds himself and do all the scoring....Its still a team (at least 5 players playing for the name on the front of the jersey) game. Should be coached, played and viewed as so....The NBA mentality of ME has hurt high school basketball alot!

B&G and KING, holler at me! :thumb:

:thumb::thumb:

I said he's 1-3 against Hampton not he's 1-3 against Ned. Look, carp is a great guy and a good coach but to act like he was the sole reason Ned was successful at Cloudland is crazy. I'm sure he didn't hurt cloludlands cause but he's not the reason Ned was great up there. I know Cloudland hates Hampton soooooo bad but to say Ned isn't a good coach just because he came home to coach is just straight up jealousy.

I don't believe anyone said he was the reason Ned was successful. Ned is well respected as a coach up here. And as far as being jealous, Let me put it this way, since one coach went to Hampton, as a Highlander I'm glad it was Ned and that Brandon is here. Can't speak for everyone up here but that's just my opinion for what it's worth.(probably very little to most <_< )Oh,and I don't hate Hampton, I hope they win every time out unless they are playing my Landers.

Edited by Bluengoldblood

You've got to be impressed with Wesley Murray and Lane Smith last night even though we blew the lead. Unaka has already played UH twice in the hardees classic and that tournament over at Virginia high. Hopefully that comes back to bite the rangers when they end up in the pig tail game in the district tournament. BLUE ALLIANCE!!!!

You've got to be impressed with Wesley Murray and Lane Smith last night even though we blew the lead. Unaka has already played UH twice in the hardees classic and that tournament over at Virginia high. Hopefully that comes back to bite the rangers when they end up in the pig tail game in the district tournament. BLUE ALLIANCE!!!!

Yeah, I'm the founding father of that one. All in good fun. :P