South Pittsburg against Signal Mountain

Roy Dillard

I was watching some of these college games today and they have some nice uniforms. Grider needs to start putting our boys names on the back of their jersey. They deserve to have it on their. Grider also needs to get us one of those bicycles so our runners can keep their legs warm. I garuntee you that would keep some of them boys from getting cramps. You think im joking but im not.

Who is Bedford, the PA Announcer or philberry? As for the latter he and his friends may wanna come to the Mtn Friday to see 2 good teams. We will take the best we have at the time, against the best they have and thats just the way it is, no excuses about injuries.

It was suggested that Philberry might be Bedford Allison. All that talk about the school board kinda makes you think that. Plus, the crazy way he talks.

Is this years SP team as good as last years team

Thats up for debate...Defense has looked a little stronger...Offense has shown signs of being as good but not consistantly enough...SP has passed more so far and havent hit as many homerun plays in running game but we still have had our fair share...We will find that question out more and more over next 6 weeks against real competition

Is this years SP team as good as last years team

It is what it is. Every team is different. If you broke it down player-by-player it would probably come out even with last year's team. I think the overall factors would be leadership and discipline. The talent and speed are there - no question. But no clear leader has surfaced, and the "discipline" monster has reared its ugly head twice in as many weeks. The one thing that might tip them over the edge and make them at least as good as last year's team is Lankford. He's got the speed, the power, and the heart of Raquis...maybe more. He's only a Sophomore, so I don't expect him to surface as the leader...but he will at least be an inspiration.

Since you poked me, if you will refer to the bold portion of your quote above you will notice a veiled excuse. Give me a break.

No, Trool's team is no doubt the best team we will see before the playoffs I'm sure 80% of us SP fans expect us to come out on the short end of this game all our starters or not. The "no excuses" was directed to that other 20% who, like you said, just get on here to say we're gonna win no matter who we play. Edited by pegleg

It was suggested that Philberry might be Bedford Allison. All that talk about the school board kinda makes you think that. Plus, the crazy way he talks.

He does seem bitter, and you could be right. He doesn't have the facts straight about our history, and I think he is just hanging out until we lose a game. philberry is welcome to come up to the Mountain Friday, get with roy, help him check Grider's balls for enough air, and enjoy some "Red Bull".

This is a question for geniuses only like Roy and the Troll. If you’re not a genius skip this and go to another comment about less complicated stuff like whose gonna win.

The other night at the game I noticed a rude flag running boy on your side that kept running in front of the people trying to watch the game with a big flag. I saw the people over there were all upset and yelling at him to stop every time he did it but he just kept doing it through the whole game. I know Grider saw him but he didn’t make him stop. I felt bad for those people because they paid good money to get to see a football game and he was making it hard for them to see.

There is boy on our side who also likes to run with a flag but he is not near as rude. He hardly ever runs in front of the fans during the game mostly only in the beginning. I think our flag running boy is more scared because when he does run in front of the people during the game we all yell at him to stop and he doesn’t do it anymore. Maybe Beck has told him not to do that. Grider should talk to that boy and stop him or not let him in the games. Do the Seagulls have a flag running boy?

You think I’m a genius but I’m not.

It took me a while to figure this out, but everytime our boys score, Grider makes this boy run down the sideline with that flag. This boy is pretty fast, but I dont know his name because Grider didn't list the flag running boy in my Murphy Fair book. Grider should think about putting this boy on the field instead of having him run the flag. But to answer your question, the reason why that Marion boy wasnt running with his flag was because they didnt score. You have to score before your flag boy can run with your flag. That Beck man needs to concentrate on just trying to score a touchdown against those Sequatchie boys so his flag boy can get a good workout. You think im joking but im not.

It took me a while to figure this out, but everytime our boys score, Grider makes this boy run down the sideline with that flag. This boy is pretty fast, but I dont know his name because Grider didn't list the flag running boy in my Murphy Fair book. Grider should think about putting this boy on the field instead of having him run the flag. But to answer your question, the reason why that Marion boy wasnt running with his flag was because they didnt score. You have to score before your flag boy can run with your flag. That Beck man needs to concentrate on just trying to score a touchdown against those Sequatchie boys so his flag boy can get a good workout. You think im joking but im not.

Josh Thomas. Great kid. He's been running the flag for several years. But this'll be his last because he's a senior. He's also a leader on the baseball team. Steals bases like nobody's business.