South Pittsburg against Signal Mountain

Roy Dillard

Trolly, I don't think you have to worry about anyone sticking anything in your field. I have seen them do that at home a couple of times, but you will never see South Pittsburg disrespect someone else's field like Gordonsville tried to do to us last year, by gathering on the logo in the middle of the field and stomping, spitting and make obscene gestures. Besides, South Pittsburg don't want to make those Signal boys any madder than they have to be.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Roy. I never could figger out why our flag boy wuz runnin the whole game. Heck, he even ran the whole game up at Blackman. I thought that wuz odd since we wuz gettin beat, but now it makes sense to me. Maybe if that Boeck man would have his flag boy wear ankle weights all week, they could score more points.

As for putting the flag boy on the field, I can assure you that is not a good idea. The Chicken used to run the flag for us, and he went on the field after we won at a place called the Creekbank. Seems them fellers up there is real particular about who they let run on their grass.

And ... let me axe you another question, Roy. I noticed before our game last year that some big ole boy walked out into the middle of yer field before the game and stuck yall's flag in the ground. Yer fans just went crazy. Is that the same boy that runs the flag during the game? Now that I am in charge of field maintenance, I can assure you I will not be happy if he does that on our field. He might break one of my irrigation pipes, and then I would be real mad, and they might even have to cancel the game.

You think my backside is smart, and it is.

:roflol::thumb:

It is what it is. Every team is different. If you broke it down player-by-player it would probably come out even with last year's team. I think the overall factors would be leadership and discipline. The talent and speed are there - no question. But no clear leader has surfaced, and the "discipline" monster has reared its ugly head twice in as many weeks. The one thing that might tip them over the edge and make them at least as good as last year's team is Lankford. He's got the speed, the power, and the heart of Raquis...maybe more. He's only a Sophomore, so I don't expect him to surface as the leader...but he will at least be an inspiration.

D60 if you break it down player by player most of the team is still on the field,the leaders are on the field and you should qiut riding that dead horse 186 points scored and only 28 points given up in 4 games.No individual player will lead a team to a state championship it will take the effort of the whole team and despite all of the SP doubters a GOLD BALL is around the corner.As the year progresses so will the pirates and both sides of the ball will tighten up.Most of these negative comments abouts SP sound the same as last years post in the early season.

It seems that your paragons of virtue learned something from them Gordonsville fellas as I saw them doing that exact thing Friday night. I am sure Vic the Virtuous didn’t see it or he would have put a stop to such nonsense. In fairness I have heard that Seagull Mountain has their mascot fly over the other team’s logo and defecate.

You think I’m incontinent but I’m not.

You should have looked closer. I saw the team gather in the middle of the field. I was standing on the fence at the 50. There was no stomping, spitting or obscene gestures made. There was no disrespect present. The team gathered, said their chant and jogged off. As for Raquis Hale. Here are the facts. Raquis and his brother played little league at South Pittsburg. Raquis attended SouthPittsburg until 5th grade. He then transferred to Jasper middle for transportation purposes. His mother worked in Chattanooga. His mother always said, my boys will be back at So.Pitt before high school. Raquis returned during 8th grade and his brother returned during 6th grade. Sorry Phil but these are the facts. Mountain troll it looks like that waterboy feller made reference to hoodrat and someone to offense.

Edited by Pirate2003

You should have looked closer. I saw the team gather in the middle of the field. I was standing on the fence at the 50. There was no stomping, spitting or obscene gestures made. There was no disrespect present. The team gathered, said their chant and jogged off. As for Raquis Hale. Here are the facts. Raquis and his brother played little league at South Pittsburg. Raquis attended SouthPittsburg until 5th grade. He then transferred to Jasper middle for transportation purposes. His mother worked in Chattanooga. His mother always said, my boys will be back at So.Pitt before high school. Raquis returned during 8th grade and his brother returned during 6th grade. Sorry Phil but these are the facts. Mountain troll it looks like that waterboy feller made reference to hoodrat and someone to offense.

Well ... just so everbody knows. I take my rodents seriously. Here's some video of my off season training.