OC at Montgomery Central

Reelfoot72

Max, big accomplishment by OC for sure. I'm just stirring the pot with you guys, lol. I may even come watch an OC playoff game against one of those Memphis teams if it's in Troy. Boy, wouldn't that be a culture shock for them!

Reelfoot, honestly, I don't care how big of a whine bag I sound. I see it touches a sensitive nerve with you. Maybe my opinion means alot to you. :roflol: I'm just kiddin with ya dude. You guys have it going over there in OC this year.

Purple, I'll quit with my harping on you guys. I don't want you to ignore me if I see you around at any basketball or football games. By the way, I think tonight rapped it up for your red birds.

Edited by GCPioneer

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the coach of Obion County...what is your deal? You go to a HS knowing full-well you are going to beat the team, yet your pompous attitude insists on making onside kicks and 2 point conversions???? THAT is extremely ridiculous, and extremely over the top. You need to humble yourself, and your team. And for what it is worth, I hope someone kicks your butt this season because you and your haughty attitude deserve it.

You must be out of your mind. MC started the game with an onside kick. OC tried 2, 1 of which was successful. That was early in the 3rd quarter before the game was in hand. As for going for 2, so what. He did it from the start and continued until the game was under control. Try to humble yourself Iceman. Interesting to see how much faith you had in the Indians. For what its worth, MC has a good football team. They had excellent size on the line and some good backs. They were probably the most balanced offense OC has seen this year. As far as someone kicking OC's butt? Could be, but it wasn't last night.

GO REBELS!!!

Max, big accomplishment by OC for sure. I'm just stirring the pot with you guys, lol. I may even come watch an OC playoff game against one of those Memphis teams if it's in Troy. Boy, wouldn't that be a culture shock for them!

Reelfoot, honestly, I don't care how big of a whine bag I sound. I see it touches a sensitive nerve with you. Maybe my opinion means alot to you. :roflol: I'm just kiddin with ya dude. You guys have it going over there in OC this year.

Purple, I'll quit with my harping on you guys. I don't want you to ignore me if I see you around at any basketball or football games. By the way, I think tonight rapped it up for your red birds.

You know that won't happen...I think they are done to but I think the collapse vs the Mets Thursday did them in...

LOL and no I did not create another user name. On a side note, I agree with ya Iceman. I even talked to someone from OC this week that even admitted their own coach is arrogant. I guess I'm not the only one to see it.

Oh yea...Congrats to OC on stomping another one of those winless teams. You guys are beating 'em and beating 'em bad. lol

You're kidding? Someone in Obion County is a Coach Jackson critic? Say it ain't so! Truthfully, I'm a Coach Jackson critic myself. You know GCPioneer as I recall you're a pretty big McMillan fan as a basketball coach. Rightfully so as he is a very good coach. I'm curious, did he ever run a full court press on a team he already knew he would PROBABLY beat? Did he pull his starters out after they were up by 10 or 12 points in the 1st quarter? Did he stop shooting 3 pointers once he had the lead? I'd be willing to bet he put his foot on the gas until the game was well in hand. Yet you wanna bash OC football for the same principle? I think that qualifies as hypocrisy. It's lonely at the bottom. No one knows that any better than OC. Your opinion is not important to me personally as I'm sure mine is not to you. But your bashing comments are insulting and uncalled for.

Good win for the Rebels. MC battled and has some very good athletes. The Rebel defense made great adjustments as did the offense. A defensive score and special teams score secured the game and allowed the subs to play almost the entire 4th quarter once again.

You know that won't happen...I think they are done to but I think the collapse vs the Mets Thursday did them in...

Before anyone says anything, this is just a dig at Purple, we are good friends. I'm was thrilled that the collapse came against the METS thursday and hopefully the end of the Cards season. It felt so good since the Mets are out and now they may have done in the Cards..lol

You're kidding? Someone in Obion County is a Coach Jackson critic? Say it ain't so! Truthfully, I'm a Coach Jackson critic myself. You know GCPioneer as I recall you're a pretty big McMillan fan as a basketball coach. Rightfully so as he is a very good coach. I'm curious, did he ever run a full court press on a team he already knew he would PROBABLY beat? Did he pull his starters out after they were up by 10 or 12 points in the 1st quarter? Did he stop shooting 3 pointers once he had the lead? I'd be willing to bet he put his foot on the gas until the game was well in hand. Yet you wanna bash OC football for the same principle? I think that qualifies as hypocrisy. It's lonely at the bottom. No one knows that any better than OC. Your opinion is not important to me personally as I'm sure mine is not to you. But your bashing comments are insulting and uncalled for.

Good win for the Rebels. MC battled and has some very good athletes. The Rebel defense made great adjustments as did the offense. A defensive score and special teams score secured the game and allowed the subs to play almost the entire 4th quarter once again.

Actually, Coach McMillan is the man! lol...but seriously, if we knew we were going to beat a team, we'd press in the first quarter and get up 20+ points and then just play out the rest of the game without a press. We never intentionally ran up the score on anyone due to Coach McMillan and Russell having a classy side to themselves. And by the way, a 10-12 point lead in basketball is not a safe lead reguardless of who you're playing. I like OC's football team and what they have going for them, I just don't care much for the coach at all. Also, it seems to be the same trend from coaches who have met Coach Jackson as well. Anyways, I'll quit the bashing. Good luck OC.

Actually, Coach McMillan is the man! lol...but seriously, if we knew we were going to beat a team, we'd press in the first quarter and get up 20+ points and then just play out the rest of the game without a press. We never intentionally ran up the score on anyone due to Coach McMillan and Russell having a classy side to themselves. And by the way, a 10-12 point lead in basketball is not a safe lead reguardless of who you're playing. I like OC's football team and what they have going for them, I just don't care much for the coach at all. Also, it seems to be the same trend from coaches who have met Coach Jackson as well. Anyways, I'll quit the bashing. Good luck OC.

That's knda funny .I was at a Gibson Co-Trenton game about 3 years ago and Gibson Co was winning about 48-12 in the first half and still pressing.I felt bad for Trenton.They couldn't even get the ball past half court half the time.

That's knda funny .I was at a Gibson Co-Trenton game about 3 years ago and Gibson Co was winning about 48-12 in the first half and still pressing.I felt bad for Trenton.They couldn't even get the ball past half court half the time.

LOL, well I was at an OC/Lake Co. game one time and Obion Co. scored 9 points in 30 seconds to send the game to OT where Obion Co. winded up winning. That had to have really sucked! :roflolk:

I don't remember that Trenton/Gibson game you're speaking of. Thing is, 3 years ago, Trenton wouldn't have gotten past half court without a defense on them.

Before anyone says anything, this is just a dig at Purple, we are good friends. I'm was thrilled that the collapse came against the METS thursday and hopefully the end of the Cards season. It felt so good since the Mets are out and now they may have done in the Cards..lol

Yeah...Just think how I feel about it...Your Mets put us in the ground and then the hated baby bears are shoveling in the dirt...LoL...

I agree, 10-12 points is nothing in basketball and I am a fan of McMillan as well. But the point was, you don't let up until the game is well in hand, and you want it to that point as quickly as possible. I am not a big fan of Coach Jackson, but the man is successful this year whether ever again or not. But I appreciate the fact that I believe you see the point I was making. I hope to see the Pioneers break out of the mud and get back to being competitive. I know how tough it can be on the players, and no one deserves that.

I agree, 10-12 points is nothing in basketball and I am a fan of McMillan as well. But the point was, you don't let up until the game is well in hand, and you want it to that point as quickly as possible. I am not a big fan of Coach Jackson, but the man is successful this year whether ever again or not. But I appreciate the fact that I believe you see the point I was making. I hope to see the Pioneers break out of the mud and get back to being competitive. I know how tough it can be on the players, and no one deserves that.

I got your point. It's just tough to watch Gibson Co. football right now and then when a team onside kicks you 7 times in the first half, it just furiates me. I didn't even go to the OC/GC game as I was at Milan/S.Gibson, but when I heard about it, as an alumni, I was pretty ticked off. I'm over all of it now though. You guys will have a good year and should go deep into the playoffs.