Macon @ Smith Co.

geo1126

How is a 50 yd field goal a fluke? The kid was nailing field goals all year. It isn't a fluke when a 10-1 team beats you and had already beaten you once that same year...Come on, man, you're smarter than that.

Come-on man surely your smarter than that if the wind hadn't been blowing 90 mph he couldn't of made it from that distance. You make it sound like he kicked from 50 all year long. If he was that good we would have seen him kicking on sunday 4 somebody. BTW whatever happened to him ....he go on to college and kick ???

Final scores still wasn't that close no matter how you want to sugar coat it.

We might, we might not, we'll find out Friday. Should be a good game either way, Macon's not exactly slouches themselves.

Ha, you brought out the big spoon to stir the pot with bringing up the 03 game, heck of a game. I do have to ask though, if that game was a fluke what do you call Livingstons play-off run in 05?

OK call it what you want but like Termite said they had to get lucky 5 times and thats not a fluke. LA played the toughest schedule in any class. Beat Carter on the road..beat AE on the road...beat Catholic on the road..beat ND at home and won GOLD by beating DL. Compared to your 03 run you all won 3 at home and we smacked by Fulton in the semi's. Big difference wouldn't you say.

Well it's like this.... MC put "a whoopin" on SC last year and played a dang good game... Kudos to them for LAST year... Alas this is a new year and I think SC has found their faults and the score will be rotated to SC favor... SC by 3 as I personally expect a good close battle.. MC flying from last years win and SC pumped up from the loss and looking for "payback"// Think defense will be the key on both sides... Bluebellz holler at me at lunch and I will tell you the identity of Termie... Took 3 years but have it... My treat for lunch just meet me at work...

I kinda agree with the Chair. Fluke kick. I was standing under the east (?) goal post. Had too, there was a huge crowd. The kick almost went out of bounds on the visitor sidelines and sliced back in. No doubt he was a great kicker, but no way did he intend to play a slice like that. By the way, the field position for the kick was set up by SC being unable to field a punt. On MC's last punt, SC didn't put a returner back and the MC punter kicked the tar out of it and swapped the field. Heck of a game to watch. AS best as I remember, winning that game sent MC to the semis and somehow got Coach Dyer fired.

LA hit their stride at exactly the right time......One playoff game maybe, but no way do you win that many playoff games on a "fluke".

He was a good golfer to, he knows how to play a slice.

Come-on man surely your smarter than that if the wind hadn't been blowing 90 mph he couldn't of made it from that distance. You make it sound like he kicked from 50 all year long. If he was that good we would have seen him kicking on sunday 4 somebody. BTW whatever happened to him ....he go on to college and kick ???

You forgot to mention that wind you talk about was blowing in his face. He was normally good from about 70 out.

He went to Memphis and played.

I do know he was on the team at Memphis. Whether he ever saw the field or kicked a ball I don't know. He was actually a better golfer than anything else.

OK call it what you want but like Termite said they had to get lucky 5 times and thats not a fluke. LA played the toughest schedule in any class. Beat Carter on the road..beat AE on the road...beat Catholic on the road..beat ND at home and won GOLD by beating DL. Compared to your 03 run you all won 3 at home and we smacked by Fulton in the semi's. Big difference wouldn't you say.

Not really. I'll still call it a fluke.

Well it's like this.... MC put "a whoopin" on SC last year and played a dang good game... Kudos to them for LAST year... Alas this is a new year and I think SC has found their faults and the score will be rotated to SC favor... SC by 3 as I personally expect a good close battle.. MC flying from last years win and SC pumped up from the loss and looking for "payback"// Think defense will be the key on both sides... Bluebellz holler at me at lunch and I will tell you the identity of Termie... Took 3 years but have it... My treat for lunch just meet me at work...

Hold on Nursey, you might want to add "think you have it" Nobody knows for sure. Some thingk they do. I know a couple of fellows that get a lot of credit,(or blame) LOL .I have heard 3 names myself when I inquire about Termites true identity. None of the 3 were close.

Final scores still wasn't that close no matter how you want to sugar coat it.

We might, we might not, we'll find out Friday. Should be a good game either way, Macon's not exactly slouches themselves.

Ha, you brought out the big spoon to stir the pot with bringing up the 03 game, heck of a game. I do have to ask though, if that game was a fluke what do you call Livingstons play-off run in 05?

The playoff run LA had in 2005 was probably the most impressive thing any one team has done in a long time. Wilson Cates was as good a football player as i've seen to come from this area, and from what people told me he was as good of a person off the field as well. LA played as tough a schedule last year as any and I believe the worst loss was roughly 10 points, so in games that close anyone can win. LA could have easily been 15-0 instead of 10-5.

The playoff run LA had in 2005 was probably the most impressive thing any one team has done in a long time. Wilson Cates was as good a football player as i've seen to come from this area, and from what people told me he was as good of a person off the field as well. LA played as tough a schedule last year as any and I believe the worst loss was roughly 10 points, so in games that close anyone can win. LA could have easily been 15-0 instead of 10-5.

Wilson Cates was, is, a special athlete/person. He graduated from college and now works with his father, Dr. Cates, in Cookeville. He has applied and has been accepted to medical school. Good luck to Wilson, a fine young man.

Not really. I'll still call it a fluke.

Apparently you didn't see Cates play. One of the best athletes that I have ever seen play. That team was built around him. The 04 team which many believe to be better than the 05 team missed out on a perfect season.... was grounded by the mighty Owls of SC WITH 2 LOSSES.

Back to the game....wonder if this game ranks up there with the LA game .....as far as winning one for the gipper. Jimmy's teams are 10 and 0 against LA since 01 and 8 and 3 against the Tigers since 01. 03 against Pemberton 2 of those came against Catholic. 0 and 1 against Macon. Hard pill to swallow knowing that Macon beat you. But this should be the year to take back the dominance that SC has over the Tiggers.

Apparently you didn't see Cates play. One of the best athletes that I have ever seen play. That team was built around him. The 04 team which many believe to be better than the 05 team missed out on a perfect season.... was grounded by the mighty Owls of SC WITH 2 LOSSES.

Back to the game....wonder if this game ranks up there with the LA game .....as far as winning one for the gipper. Jimmy's teams are 10 and 0 against LA since 01 and 8 and 3 against the Tigers since 01. 03 against Pemberton 2 of those came against Catholic. 0 and 1 against Macon. Hard pill to swallow knowing that Macon beat you. But this should be the year to take back the dominance that SC has over the Tiggers.

I seen him play a few times back in the day, good ball player.

So you joined the group of " if you can't beat em, join em"