big 8 "WEAK" 5

RebelConvert

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes!!!! An overall losing record for the big 8 this year. No matter what after this week the big 8 will have the exact same amount of wins as losses.

As of right now the big 8 stands at 15-23 on the year, with 2 games left this week.

No big 8 5A team has a winning record unless South beats Betsy.

It's to early to start thinking about next year isn't it. :mellow:

It's Over Rock! I'm Throwin' in the towel.

Ain't Nothin Over!!!!

Somebody needs to start playing "Eye of the Tiger" :blush:

Any chance I'll get to see a 2nd round playoff game in the area? IMAC(?) 5A is doing better record wise this year so round 2 will be traveling there, correct?

Yikes!!!! An overall losing record for the big 8 this year. No matter what after this week the big 8 will have the exact same amount of wins as losses.

As of right now the big 8 stands at 15-23 on the year, with 2 games left this week.

Any chance I'll get to see a 2nd round playoff game in the area? IMAC(?) 5A is doing better record wise this year so round 2 will be traveling there, correct?

If you consider the fact that one team (DB) has a third of those wins it's even more pathetic...7 teams 10 wins.

Here some options if you want to see a game past the first week of November:

2A : Hampton

3A: Elizabethton or Sullivan North

4A: Greeneville, Sullivan East(may make it to the 2nd round, but they need to thoroughly beat a team that's not winless to convince me.

5A: Boone, South, THS, Mo West is the obvious one here...I would also put Mo East here. Yes, they have 2-3 record but those losses were to Harlan County, Knox West, and Bearden.

6A: DB is the only option in my opinion. A playoff win for Science Hill would be big, but they would probably have to do that against a team like Maryville, Sevier County, Farragut, or possibly a rematch with DB.

If you consider the fact that one team (DB) has a third of those wins it's even more pathetic...7 teams 10 wins.

Here some options if you want to see a game past the first week of November:

2A : Hampton

3A: Elizabethton or Sullivan North

4A: Greeneville, Sullivan East(may make it to the 2nd round, but they need to thoroughly beat a team that's not winless to convince me.

5A: Boone, South, THS, Mo West is the obvious one here...I would also put Mo East here. Yes, they have 2-3 record but those losses were to Harlan County, Knox West, and Bearden.

6A: DB is the only option in my opinion. A playoff win for Science Hill would be big, but they would probably have to do that against a team like Maryville, Sevier County, Farragut, or possibly a rematch with DB.

A likely scenario for 5A especially if Powell or West are put in Quad 1. However, if the IMAC teams come through with a 4th at large team , one of ours could still host a 2nd round game. South-Doyle, Cocke Co. Cherokee and Mo-East are all still in play. The Hurricanes , have played a tough schedule as you point out 04, but will still do well to finish 5-5 IMO,

No big 8 5A team has a winning record unless South beats Betsy.

It's to early to start thinking about next year isn't it. :mellow:

It's Over Rock! I'm Throwin' in the towel.

Ain't Nothin Over!!!!

Somebody needs to start playing "Eye of the Tiger" :blush:

overall the big 8 is a week conference this year. Last year almost every team in the big 8 had a stronger team. To me this year has been pretty boring except for the DB vs Bears and South and TN High (only cause of the buzzer beater score). I hope the other conference teams are down to so the big 8 wont get killed come playoff time.