Ensworth - 2 1st place votes?

coachrus

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often thought the D-II AP votes were pretty bad. It's clear to me that some, if not most, of the voters don't have a clue about D-II. What gets me more than the ensworth thing is the D-II A teams being in there. Webb (3-2), ECS(3-2), USJ(4-1)? Even with worse records, Father Ryan, MBA, McCallie should be in there ahead of the D-II A teams, in my opinion.

I've often thought the D-II AP votes were pretty bad. It's clear to me that some, if not most, of the voters don't have a clue about D-II. What gets me more than the ensworth thing is the D-II A teams being in there. Webb (3-2), ECS(3-2), USJ(4-1)? Even with worse records, Father Ryan, MBA, McCallie should be in there ahead of the D-II A teams, in my opinion.

Believe it or not, Knoxville Webb was number 1 for most, if not all, of last season. Doesn't matter that they were undefeated, as anyone who has ever seen a couple of games can attest, they were far far from the cream of the D2 crop.

Actually ECS is 4-0. The poll has had the wrong record for them for several polls. It's hard to believe that they get it wrong every week.

Believe it or not, Knoxville Webb was number 1 for most, if not all, of last season. Doesn't matter that they were undefeated, as anyone who has ever seen a couple of games can attest, they were far far from the cream of the D2 crop.

Wow. Someone needs to educate the voters. Shows you how much the rest of the state cares about D-II.

I vote in the AP poll (don't worry, I didn't vote Ensworth first). The problem is that many writers don't take the time to research the teams -- they vote for the big names, especially in classifications with which they're unfamiliar. I'm guilty of doing it to put the final teams on my 1A or 2A lists every now and then, but not when head-to-head data exists.

Good thing those polls don't matter.

I vote in the AP poll (don't worry, I didn't vote Ensworth first). The problem is that many writers don't take the time to research the teams -- they vote for the big names, especially in classifications with which they're unfamiliar. I'm guilty of doing it to put the final teams on my 1A or 2A lists every now and then, but not when head-to-head data exists.

Good thing those polls don't matter.

Good man. It kills me that writers wouldn't take five minutes to do some research on the teams. I also think they need to be aware that D-II has two classifications. It appears that some so not know this. Wes, I nominate you to get the word out! :D