Big Games in Memphis

kwc

Bri 27 -- Mil 20 ....... Toss-up! Home team gets my nod.

MUS 35 -- East 14 ...... East's defense finally gets exposed.

Arl 38 -- Briar 17 ..... Another swiss-cheese defense gets exposed.

WH 41 -- Cen 8... Cake walk for Whitehaven.

CBHS 28 -- Coll 6 ...... Collierville is simply overmatched.

CRG 26 -- Mit 14 ..... Craigmont gets back on track.

Gotta agree with TraderB...however IMO Brighton has too much for Millington .....Brighton 28-13 ..also cant see how Craigmont losing to Cordova unless Chiefs lost too much from last season

Agreed. Though I think it is very possible that Arlington puts up even more than 38. Very explosive team that can hang 45+ on anyone when their offense is clicking. After seeing the stats from the Craigmont game, it looks like they lost alot from their D from last year (so this might be a trend) and Craft had a horrible game throwing the ball (9/20 for 120yds). Looks like the typical defensively stout Chiefs will have to be carried by the offense this year.

Millington vs Brighton-Millington wins: (Millington RB's will dominate the ground game and D will hold passing game just enough. Brighton allows to much on ground which is Trojans strength)

MUS vs East- MUS wins: Would like to see East win though. I dont think they recruit.

Arlington vs Briarcrest- Arlington: Really a toss up.

Whitehaven vs Central- Not a big game: Whitehaven

CBHS vs Collierville- CBHS

Mitchell vs Craigmont- Craigmont??

Millington vs Brighton-Millington wins: (Millington RB's will dominate the ground game and D will hold passing game just enough. Brighton allows to much on ground which is Trojans strength)

MUS vs East- MUS wins: Would like to see East win though. I dont think they recruit.

Arlington vs Briarcrest- Arlington: Really a toss up.

Whitehaven vs Central- Not a big game: Whitehaven

CBHS vs Collierville- CBHS

Mitchell vs Craigmont- Craigmont??

Trojanx, You do know that I went with Mitchell must be a reason.

Senator, Whitehaven has a great team but this is not a big game.

TraderB:

I haven't seen East nor MUS this year. So, I can't speak from that perspective. I've looked at the records and have taken into account the types of teams each have played to date. Granted ... MUS may very well win this game, but I just can't comprehend MUS putting 35 on East while East only musters up 14 points.

Oh well ... we will see come Friday!

:popcorneater:

Whitehaven over Central, not even close. However this is not a big game this week, showing your loyalty KWC.

Dou ... I did preface my selection of this game witgh a disclaimer of not normally picking this game. I know, from the selections that I've read that most think that Whitehaven will just roll over Central. On paper ... Whitehaven should ... but this has all the makings of a 'trap' game for Whitehaven. Young men in high school can get full of themselves easily when everyone around them seems to think that they are the cat's pajamas. Central has capabilities and if Whitehaven takes them for granted it could jump up and bite them. With this game being against the 'other' 6A team in District 16, I thought for those reasons alone that it is a 'Big Game'.

Yeah ... I'm a loyal fan, but I'm serious about this being a 'Big Game', especially because of the ramifications. Whitehaven beating Central has 'HUGE' playoff ramifications. If they come in focused and serious ... they should win easily. But this is homecoming ... everybody 'expects' a blow-out.

TRAP is written ALL OVER THIS GAME!

• Upvote 1

Dou ... I did preface my selection of this game witgh a disclaimer of not normally picking this game. I know, from the selections that I've read that most think that Whitehaven will just roll over Central. On paper ... Whitehaven should ... but this has all the makings of a 'trap' game for Whitehaven. Young men in high school can get full of themselves easily when everyone around them seems to think that they are the cat's pajamas. Central has capabilities and if Whitehaven takes them for granted it could jump up and bite them. With this game being against the 'other' 6A team in District 16, I thought for those reasons alone that it is a 'Big Game'.

Yeah ... I'm a loyal fan, but I'm serious about this being a 'Big Game', especially because of the ramifications. Whitehaven beating Central has 'HUGE' playoff ramifications. If they come in focused and serious ... they should win easily. But this is homecoming ... everybody 'expects' a blow-out.

TRAP is written ALL OVER THIS GAME!

Got you, nothing wrong with loyalty.

Bri 27 -- Mil 20 ....... Toss-up! Home team gets my nod.

Arl 38 -- Briar 17 ..... Another swiss-cheese defense gets exposed.

WH 41 -- Cen 8... Cake walk for Whitehaven.

CBHS 28 -- Coll 6 ...... Collierville is simply overmatched.

CRG 26 -- Mit 14 ..... Craigmont gets back on track.

MUS does not have the size or speed to deal with East this season. As suspect as East Defense may or may not be, MUS will have no answer for Kimbrow! Now I don't know how many people East has playing both ways but as long as it's not how it was last season they should OUT-SCORE MUS. Can't wait to hear the results of this game.

MUS does not have the size or speed to deal with East this season. As suspect as East Defense may or may not be, MUS will have no answer for Kimbrow! Now I don't know how many people East has playing both ways but as long as it's not how it was last season they should OUT-SCORE MUS. Can't wait to hear the results of this game.

I dont think MUS has ever had the size or speed advantage on any of the teams theyve played, or not very often atleast. I dont think that will be a factor at all. MUS has a lot better coaching and i'd imagine that's whats going to win them the game. I havent seen East play this year, but the last couple of years I have seen them play and they hurt themselves too much with penalties and not being well-disciplined. MUS will have the "bend but dont break" type of defensive game when they play East. Im sure Kimbrow will put up some good stats, but I dont think that will win them the game. I predict the score to be 31-14 MUS.

I dont think MUS has ever had the size or speed advantage on any of the teams theyve played, or not very often atleast. I dont think that will be a factor at all. MUS has a lot better coaching and i'd imagine that's whats going to win them the game. I havent seen East play this year, but the last couple of years I have seen them play and they hurt themselves too much with penalties and not being well-disciplined. MUS will have the "bend but dont break" type of defensive game when they play East. Im sure Kimbrow will put up some good stats, but I dont think that will win them the game. I predict the score to be 31-14 MUS.

Kimbro has benefited from playing non disciplined teams. Mark my word MUS will be prepared for him.

1) Millington @ Brighton: Brighton 28 - Millington 20

2) East @ MUS: East 24 - MUS 23

3) Arlington @ Briarcrest: Arlington 32 - Briarcrest 24

4) Central @ Whitehaven: Whitehaven 50 - Central 6

5) Collierville @ CBHS: CBHS 30 - Collierville 18

6) Mitchell vs Craigmont @ Raleigh-Egypt: Craigmont 28 - Mitchell 18

The most intriguing game, in my opinion, is the East vs. MUS game. If they played earlier in the season I would have picked MUS, in a not-so-close game. In the end, this game will come down to East's big play advantage versus MUS's kicking game (particularly FGs and punting) advantage.