Karns @ Powell

osunut2

What a season Karns has had so far! Hard to believe that a 7-0 setback against South Doyle in week 0 is the only thing keeping the Beavers from a perfect 5-0 record thusfar. A win against Powell would also vault Karns into first place in district 3-AAA and give them even more confidence. But, that's MUCH easier said than done.

Last season, Karns was the first team to find a way to slow down the Powell offense. The Karns defense, through 5 games, has only given up 24 offensive points - however, they've yet to hit the meat of their schedule. Karns' opponents have a combined record of 5-19, and they still have to play OR, AC, and HVA, in addition to Powell.

Powell took out a year's worth of frustration on AC last week. The key to this game is just like last year's - Karns' defense vs. Powell's run offense. Karns held Powell to 28 offensive points in last year's contest, so it will be interesting to see what kind of gameplan Karns has for Powell this time around.

My prediction: The Panthers are still too strong offensively for Karns, and let's not forget the unsung Powell defense, who saw the return of Tony Foster at NT last week. Powell wins, 34-7.

Edited by osunut2

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karns has a scrappy defense, but I don't think their offense is good enough to give Powell any problems.

I say Powell 28-0

Not a bad assessment Dragon. I'm happy for all the Karns faithful, they deserve to have some success. BUT, Powell is definitely the better team from top to bottom. However; penalties and turnovers can always change a game and if the ball bounces Karns way then maybe they can challenge the Panthers for a half. The final score differential could also be affected by the Powell coaches. If they get a comfortable lead and elect to take some of the starters out of harms way, maybe the game stays closer. Or, they could take the risk and go for a larger margin of victory. Anyway, I see Powell winning comfortably, but I hope Karns plays well enough for them to keep some momentum going into the 2nd half of their season.

Not a bad assessment Dragon. I'm happy for all the Karns faithful, they deserve to have some success. BUT, Powell is definitely the better team from top to bottom. However; penalties and turnovers can always change a game and if the ball bounces Karns way then maybe they can challenge the Panthers for a half. The final score differential could also be affected by the Powell coaches. If they get a comfortable lead and elect to take some of the starters out of harms way, maybe the game stays closer. Or, they could take the risk and go for a larger margin of victory. Anyway, I see Powell winning comfortably, but I hope Karns plays well enough for them to keep some momentum going into the 2nd half of their season.

The Karns Football team does for sure have a big test Friday night , I agree Powell does have some depth and really good ball players, I think if Karns can keep it respectful and learn some things Friday it will be a good game for them , yes Powell will most likely outlast the Beavers but the great thing about the things happening at Karns is they finally are at least beating the teams they should and I think if the rain doesn't mess up opening night they beat South Doyle, regardless Karns has a very good chance to play out their season and finish where no others have in 30 something years and even maybe make the playoffs. The chances of that happening for this program can do nothing but help build some attitude of kids coming out from the halls to be a part of something positive. I think Powell will beat them but I also think that Powell will be tested by the Beavers defense, goodluck to both teams and just remember two weeks ago no one in the state gave A-E a chance and they pulled off the biggest upset of the year, so Karns faithful it can happen, so don't miss the game get out there to Powell and support those beavers.

The Karns Football team does for sure have a big test Friday night , I agree Powell does have some depth and really good ball players, I think if Karns can keep it respectful and learn some things Friday it will be a good game for them , yes Powell will most likely outlast the Beavers but the great thing about the things happening at Karns is they finally are at least beating the teams they should and I think if the rain doesn't mess up opening night they beat South Doyle, regardless Karns has a very good chance to play out their season and finish where no others have in 30 something years and even maybe make the playoffs. The chances of that happening for this program can do nothing but help build some attitude of kids coming out from the halls to be a part of something positive. I think Powell will beat them but I also think that Powell will be tested by the Beavers defense, goodluck to both teams and just remember two weeks ago no one in the state gave A-E a chance and they pulled off the biggest upset of the year, so Karns faithful it can happen, so don't miss the game get out there to Powell and support those beavers.

Karns made the playoffs in 2004 but lost to Soddy Daisy 52-0. This is not a knock on your post, it's just to give Karns a little more confidence knowing that they can actually reach the playoffs because they have been in recent years.

Edited by CU06

Karns made the playoffs in 2004 but lost to Soddy Daisy 52-0. This is not a knock on your post, it's just to give Karns a little more confidence knowing that they can actually reach the playoffs because they have been in recent years.

I think he may be referring to the last time that Karns finished the season with a winning record, which was 1974.

I think he may be referring to the last time that Karns finished the season with a winning record, which was 1974.

I think the beavers are in trouble. The two games they have lost are by the only two teams they have played that have winning records. The wins are central who has not won a game campbell county which has won one clinton which is really struggling and a small team out of kentucky. They are finally reaching the meat of there schedule and there offense is gonna cost them some games. The beavers are not as good as there record shows and the 2nd half of there schedule will show it

The same can be said for almost all of the other teams in the division. Hardin Valley plays the team that Karns did the week before. Same with Anderson County, Karns plays the teams they did the following week. All of the games came with similar or better score differential. Karns is beating the teams they are suppose to. Same with the other teams in that division. The rest of Karns games are very winnable. They will go to the playoffs!

The same can be said for almost all of the other teams in the division. Hardin Valley plays the team that Karns did the week before. Same with Anderson County, Karns plays the teams they did the following week. All of the games came with similar or better score differential. Karns is beating the teams they are suppose to. Same with the other teams in that division. The rest of Karns games are very winnable. They will go to the playoffs!

Karns isn't supposed to beat Clinton, Central, or Halls......maybe Campbell Co.

I think the beavers are in trouble. The two games they have lost are by the only two teams they have played that have winning records. The wins are central who has not won a game campbell county which has won one clinton which is really struggling and a small team out of kentucky. They are finally reaching the meat of there schedule and there offense is gonna cost them some games. The beavers are not as good as there record shows and the 2nd half of there schedule will show it

Yes that can be said about allot of the teams, I think Karns needs to just stay focused on winning the games they should and make the playoffs, Powell will go undefeated and the South Doyle loss for sure should not had happen considering that South Doyle has not beat any power houses either, the best thing is that Karns is finally winning the games they should compete in and not just be the old Karns that everyone chalks up as a win, the best thing of all is Karns finally has a Head Coach that keeps the kids excited about playing and not making them feel like the old coaching staff did like they were not very good, the players actually believe in each other and it is showing on the field