Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

would you still consider Riverside a "Contender" after the tragedy that happened to that team?? IMO i think it'll be to much for em.

I believe that Riverside is still a really good team even with the tragic loss of Gant. They will be back to the fling this year but it will be a true challenge to win it all this year.

So who are some of the top Single A teams as of right now from East/Middle/West Tennessee right now and what are their records? FCS is 17-1 right now.

I think the top 3 teams in single A are and in no order:

FCS

Riverside

Eagleville

I believe that Riverside is still a really good team even with the tragic loss of Gant. They will be back to the fling this year but it will be a true challenge to win it all this year.

I think the top 3 teams in single A are and in no order:

FCS

Riverside

Eagleville

I would agree 100% with both points. If Riverside's young pitchers, Jordan Goff and Alec Hayes continue like they've been, the Panthers could make a good run. Ryne Fisher and Nolen Smith can get it done as the 1 and 2.

I cannot speak for Haderade and Haebvol but I'm not thanking anyone about the schedule the coaches make out. That's none of my business. We play who we play. I have said on this board many many times, that I like the players at FC, I think they have a great team and I root for them to win.

How this conversation went from where a catcher is going to play college baseball, or if he can play at the D1 level, to what would happen it A teams played AAA teams is nuts. I guess when Haderade mentioned A ball.

Now if this jab about "their boys getting cut or sitting the bench behind these A ball players " is supposed to be an attempt to get some sort of opinion from me on this matter then here it is.

If you want to beleive that single A teams can... night in and night out compete in AAA ball go ahead and believe it. We all know it's not true, but if it makes you feel better more power to you. Beating a few AAA teams while throwing you 1 or 2 pitcher against the AAA teams 4-5 pitcher and squeaking out a win does it for you then roll with it. Now if you want to play Farragut, Science Hill, Collierville, Barlett, Tullahoma, Riverdale as well as district 9 you will be a .500 ball club.

As far as stitting the bench or getting cut behind these A ball players, That never happened.

So go on and beat Boyd Buchanan , Trousdale Co. Watertown and Red Boiling Springs and live your dream.

By the way one of those AAA players that you say sit the bench and got cut? Is committing to a D1 school next week.

Not quite sure where that guy was coming from, Illini... I also have no control over who our coach schedules. To date at 18-5, we've played 16 AAA, 5 AA, 1 A, and 1 Div. II AA. Not sure how piling on a bunch of A wins would prep team for post-season.

Edited by haebvols